National Debt Balloons To $30 Trillion...Thanks, Biden!!!

The Partisanship over many Presidents' effects on the debt is hilarious since it was the CONGRESS over several program-based passed bills from 1935 onwards who created the mostly built in budgetary awful mess we so enjoy today.

Carter ran a responsible Government with a balanced budget
They ran him out of town

Reagan built his economy on debt and people loved him for it

That is false, he also had budget deficits too, but they were small.

The recession he presided over was mainly caused by President Nixon with his idiotic Wage and Price freeze a few years before.

Woodrow Wilson was the first President to have a large budget deficit during his years in office which he started with a then large budget surplus.

Not according to this article.

The difference is Trump did his glorious spending in four years, Obama stretched it out for eight years.

These two parties have not been fiscally responsible.
That article doesn’t break down the ave. yearly % so it doesn’t give an accurate representation. You are correct you can’t compare 8years to 4 years. You need to do averages for the budgets each prez was responsible for

Spending per year? Adjusted for inflation? As a percentage of GDP?

Where do you get "well eclipsed"?
Sure make all the adjustments you want. My understanding when I ran the numbers a while back was a higher level of spending by Trump. But if your calculations come out differently then please do share.

That article doesn’t break down the ave. yearly % so it doesn’t give an accurate representation. You are correct you can’t compare 8years to 4 years. You need to do averages for the budgets each prez was responsible for
Obama added to the debt by 74% which was greater than Trump, only Roosevelt, Wilson, Bush II, and Reagan topped Obama, but then again, it seems Biden is on target to exceed Obama and win the fifth spot.

Trump, I couldn't vote for, he was a spender and his campaign told us all that is what he was.

Obama added to the debt by 74% which was greater than Trump, only Roosevelt, Wilson, Bush II, and Reagan topped Obama, but then again, it seems Biden is on target to exceed Obama and win the fifth spot.

Trump, I couldn't vote for, he was a spender and his campaign told us all that is what he was.
Trump accomplished almost as much as Oblama in half the time.

Sure make all the adjustments you want. My understanding when I ran the numbers a while back was a higher level of spending by Trump. But if your calculations come out differently then please do share.

If you ran the numbers and you know your definition of "well eclipsed", post them.
Or maybe adjust your claim?

Trump accomplished almost as much as Oblama in half the time.
Yep, is wasn't any good for America, neither was Obama and Biden may do in four years what it took FDR 12 years to do.

We really need change in America, all we seem to do is spend, no fiscal responsibility.

Yep, is wasn't any good for America, neither was Obama and Biden may do in four years what it took FDR 12 years to do.

We really need change in America, all we seem to do is spend, no fiscal responsibility.
It has been the status quo for nigh on one hundred years to help support capitalism which failed in 1929.

Obama added to the debt by 74%

Can you show your math for Obama and Bush?

You’re looking at 8 years and counting the 2008 and 09 fiscal years… correct?

If you ran the numbers and you know your definition of "well eclipsed", post them.
Or maybe adjust your claim?
Oh this was almost a year ago that I looked at it. I don’t have work to post anymore. At this point I’m going off my recollection but am happy to see your analysis if you’ve come up with something different. Have you ran the numbers? Seriously looked at it?

it is summed up in the article on who and why they got tagged for the years added debt.
I know, but that section is contradicted in the opening paragraphs when she explains how to accurately adjust for a presidents spending responsibility. That later section does not make those adjustments

Last time the national debt was paid off:

Andrew Jackson….

Forum List

Back