Nashville Police Officers Press Conference

...I often risk life and limb in my job....

What job?
I build custom beach houses as well as pulling logs out of the swamp to build furniture and such. Swamp logging is insanely dangerous. Haven't done it in a couple of years though.

So, you are not there to protect and serve the public are you?
Nope but I am still doing a dangerous job for living. ....

You don't see the difference between doing something dangerous for YOU and devoting your life to the service of others?
LOL there is not a cop in the world that is not doing what they do for money. They have a recession-proof job with decent benefits where they get to act important and get automatic respect even if they are dullards. They damned sure get better compensation than a carpenter.

Yeah now I feel so ashamed for getting mad when the police murder someone.

The reputation of all police is attacked every time something like that happens. A lot of left wingers wouldn't be able to admit or understand that most cops are good people.

Heroes should be held to heroic standards. It's great when they do brave things and deserve all the praise they are due. I often risk life and limb in my job but no one calls me a hero. If I fall off a house and die or get eaten by alligators in the swamp no one is going to call me anything but careless.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to compare yourself to those police officers or undermine their bravery.

Nope but I am still doing a dangerous job for living. Should I do it wrong and someone gets hurt or killed I am held liable. I have to buy insurance for that. What do cops have to fear if they fuck up? Nothing if it's left up to some people. The danger of their job somehow makes it alright if someone ends up needlessly dead? I don't buy the logic.

The nature of their job forces the reality that sometimes people will die needlessly. They're humans and it doesn't always happen because they're evil.

Nope but I am still doing a dangerous job for living. Should I do it wrong and someone gets hurt or killed I am held liable. I have to buy insurance for that. What do cops have to fear if they fuck up? Nothing if it's left up to some people. The danger of their job somehow makes it alright if someone ends up needlessly dead? I don't buy the logic.

The nature of their job forces the reality that sometimes people will die needlessly. They're humans and it doesn't always happen because they're evil.
I know a lot of cops and prison guards. Small town, we all drink at the same bar. My asshole neighbor is a cop. These people are no more brave and noble than any other random group of people. The world is full of people who have to be brave everyday who get no respect and do not get a break if they fuck up.

Do you see people coming here to post about disdain for the police without there being a specific
LEO whom they are referring to? ...

Yes, all the time.

I don't think you do.

You're wrong. Pay attention.

I don't suppose you've any inclination to support the claim though.....right?
Yes, all the time.

Is he serious?

I guess.

I know a lot of cops and prison guards. Small town, we all drink at the same bar. My asshole neighbor is a cop. These people are no more brave and noble than any other random group of people. The world is full of people who have to be brave everyday who get no respect and do not get a break if they fuck up.

How many of those people have a job that forces them to decide whether a person lives or dies in the heat of the moment? That's a lot of fucking pressure. You're not seeing the whole picture.

Last edited:

How many of those people have a job that forces them to decide whether a person lives or dies? That's a lot of fucking pressure. You're not seeing the whole picture.
It's not that I misunderstand the nature of their occupation. I object to this hero worship that makes it impossible for some people to hold cops accountable for their lousy job performance.

It's not that I misunderstand the nature of their occupation. I object to this hero worship that makes it impossible for some people to hold cops accountable for their lousy job performance.

Cops are hated and feared by most of the public. I'm not sure what hero worship you're talking about.

So you call a doctor when you're getting beat up?

You dickhead. There are a thousand cops shot for every police officer who "murders" someone.

And for the record, NONE of the notorious cases of 2020 was a "murder"; most were police just doing their jobs, confronted by a law-breaking asshole.

Americans use the word "hero" very promiscuously. Cops are people WHO RISK THEIR LIVES EVERY DAY IN ORDER TO PROTECT AND SERVE STRANGERS! This is the definition of a "hero."

Cops are not in a particularly dangerous job and never have been. Stop licking their jackboots, it's pathetic.

There is no logic...he simply worships cops-with religious fervor-and believes they can do no wrong. In other words: he's a copsucker.

You dickhead. There are a thousand cops shot for every police officer who "murders" someone.

And for the record, NONE of the notorious cases of 2020 was a "murder"; most were police just doing their jobs, confronted by a law-breaking asshole.

Americans use the word "hero" very promiscuously. Cops are people WHO RISK THEIR LIVES EVERY DAY IN ORDER TO PROTECT AND SERVE STRANGERS! This is the definition of a "hero."
BULLSHIT ! These former hall monitors are nothing more than revenuers.Bastards wont even stop to help a gurl with a flat. They speed up. Wasn't that way 40 years back. They DID protect and serve.
" Hey man. You got 2 flats. Somebody I can call..I have the dispatcher on the radio to call for you"
"Looks like your tranny blew(not Caitlyn). I can get a wrecker and the guy that does the cop cars work is a great guy"

Cops are hated and feared by most of the public. I'm not sure what hero worship you're talking about.
I suspect many of the cops WANT to be feared. They LIKE being swaggering thugs.

Forum List

Back