Nashville Police Officers Press Conference

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
Some of the officers who were in the area immediately prior to that bomb going off just finished a press conference. I wish some of the low-lifes who constantly post here about how they disdain the police would take a look and see that these are real men and women, black and white, doing a very dangerous job and putting their lives in grave danger on behalf of the people in their community. Several of these officers very understandably became emotional recalling how close they came to losing their own lives and the lives of the people living in the area. This is a completely understandable human reaction. They spoke of their own families and their faith in relation to the crisis. At the end of the press conference the officers hugged each other in support and shared emotion. These are human beings who wake up every morning, say goodbye to their loved ones, and literally put their lives on the line performing an absolutely essential public service. Some people need to be reminded of this.

You dickhead. There are a thousand cops shot for every police officer who "murders" someone.

And for the record, NONE of the notorious cases of 2020 was a "murder"; most were police just doing their jobs, confronted by a law-breaking asshole.

Americans use the word "hero" very promiscuously. Cops are people WHO RISK THEIR LIVES EVERY DAY IN ORDER TO PROTECT AND SERVE STRANGERS! This is the definition of a "hero."

You dickhead. There are a thousand cops shot for every police officer who "murders" someone.

And for the record, NONE of the notorious cases of 2020 was a "murder"; most were police just doing their jobs, confronted by a law-breaking asshole.

Americans use the word "hero" very promiscuously. Cops are people WHO RISK THEIR LIVES EVERY DAY IN ORDER TO PROTECT AND SERVE STRANGERS! This is the definition of a "hero."
Heroes should be held to heroic standards. It's great when they do brave things and deserve all the praise they are due. I often risk life and limb in my job but no one calls me a hero. If I fall off a house and die or get eaten by alligators in the swamp no one is going to call me anything but careless.

The number one killer of cops this year is COVID.

Perspective man.

Heroes should be held to heroic standards. It's great when they do brave things and deserve all the praise they are due. I often risk life and limb in my job but no one calls me a hero. If I fall off a house and die or get eaten by alligators in the swamp no one is going to call me anything but careless.
They are called heroes because it is diverse in the people involved. I have known many people who are dead who received not a word and are heroes.

Do you see people coming here to post about disdain for the police without there being a specific
LEO whom they are referring to? My son is a cop and I don't hesitate to be critical of cops who fuck up
or abuse their position of authority. Everyone....and I mean everyone....appreciates the sacrifices that
good cops make in order to serve their communities. The idea that one end of the political spectrum
is more or less appreciative of same is bullshit. Nobody needs to be reminded.

...I often risk life and limb in my job....

What job?
I build custom beach houses as well as pulling logs out of the swamp to build furniture and such. Swamp logging is insanely dangerous. Haven't done it in a couple of years though.

So, you are not there to protect and serve the public are you?
Nope but I am still doing a dangerous job for living. Should I do it wrong and someone gets hurt or killed I am held liable. I have to buy insurance for that. What do cops have to fear if they fuck up? Nothing if it's left up to some people. The danger of their job somehow makes it alright if someone ends up needlessly dead? I don't buy the logic.

...I often risk life and limb in my job....

What job?
I build custom beach houses as well as pulling logs out of the swamp to build furniture and such. Swamp logging is insanely dangerous. Haven't done it in a couple of years though.

So, you are not there to protect and serve the public are you?
Nope but I am still doing a dangerous job for living. ....

You don't see the difference between doing something dangerous for YOU and devoting your life to the service of others?

Forum List

Back