NASA launching huge bacteria filled balloons during solar eclipse on Monday

The POST IS ABOUT NASA NOT MIKE MOORE

Still too stupid to figure it out. Let me guess, you graduated from second grade...... after twenty tries.......

"Still too stupid" to search out truth!

I was hoping we could get him to squirm on the hook a little longer....... :D

I just feel protective of folks that have 1000s of worries everyday.. AND STILL reach out for Sputnik News. This is ACTUAL "Russian Fake News".. The kind the Intel folks warned us about..

There was an interview I saw yesterday I think with some of the "journalists" that work there. MANY of whom are Americans.
i did not read the sputnik article but did look up to see what the bacteria was that they were releasing into the atmosphere. Paenibacillus Bacteremia is to be the bacteria used as it is a hardy variety. It could create issues for bees hives (honey producers) and IV users depending on where it lands and if it spread.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/16/3/pdfs/09-1457.pdf

Yo knumb knut, see the first post following the OP....... Maybe if you took any real science in school you'd not be stuffing your foot in your mouth. :thup:

You don't like people knowing the actual bacteria loosed or what. Don't you have anything better to do than troll around a message board giving out your worthless lil' snips of your personal reflections of yourself?

Obviously you refused to read Mont's post or you wouldn't be chewing your foot as hard as you are.......
As for the rest of your pathetic attempt at a put down...... Well, keep working at it, you might just get lucky and get it right some day. :thup:

I do obviously ignore many shitheads posts on here yours included most generally.

Still too stupid to figure it out. Let me guess, you graduated from second grade...... after twenty tries.......

I just feel protective of folks that have 1000s of worries everyday.. AND STILL reach out for Sputnik News. This is ACTUAL "Russian Fake News".. The kind the Intel folks warned us about..

There was an interview I saw yesterday I think with some of the "journalists" that work there. MANY of whom are Americans.
i did not read the sputnik article but did look up to see what the bacteria was that they were releasing into the atmosphere. Paenibacillus Bacteremia is to be the bacteria used as it is a hardy variety. It could create issues for bees hives (honey producers) and IV users depending on where it lands and if it spread.

Yo knumb knut, see the first post following the OP....... Maybe if you took any real science in school you'd not be stuffing your foot in your mouth. :thup:
You don't like people knowing the actual bacteria loosed or what. Don't you have anything better to do than troll around a message board giving out your worthless lil' snips of your personal reflections of yourself?
Obviously you refused to read Mont's post or you wouldn't be chewing your foot as hard as you are.......
As for the rest of your pathetic attempt at a put down...... Well, keep working at it, you might just get lucky and get it right some day. :thup:
I do obviously ignore many shitheads posts on here yours included most generally.
Speaking of ignoring shitheads you should obviously put yourself on ignore.

That's what ANTIFA like minds to best. If they only knew how much their image looks just like an asshole. lol

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not an asshole, I'm a prick, a funny prick but still a prick but only to those who merit such treatment. :thup:

That's what I thought, too uneducated to figure it out....... Oh well, I hoped.

Wow that took skill.
Obviously much more than you could ever hope to muster. :thup:

During the much-anticipated solar eclipse on Monday, NASA in collaboration with Montana State University, is launching giant balloons filled with bacteria into the stratosphere.
NASA Launching Huge Bacteria-Filled Balloons During Solar Eclipse on Monday
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can almost bet the moron who came up with this non brainiac idea is a leftist liberal I would bet any money on it. Because stupid can't be fixed and only they would be dumb enough to risk the lives of millions by saying " Lets see if this works" , oh yaaaay let's see what this might do to the population. OMFG!

You are aware that Sputnik News is actually fully owned by the Russians right? And that it specializes in punking dumb Americans who are prone to conspiracy theories. Right?

I'm sure you were at the top of their mailing lists. :biggrin:

While that is an interesting link, it does not actually have the particular strain of bacterium which is being used in the balloons in the study. That would be Paenibacillus xerothermodurans, as listed in the NASA link I provided. I don't know if the CDC considers that particular bacteria to be dangerous.

Wow that took skill.

During the much-anticipated solar eclipse on Monday, NASA in collaboration with Montana State University, is launching giant balloons filled with bacteria into the stratosphere.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can almost bet the moron who came up with this non brainiac idea is a leftist liberal I would bet any money on it. Because stupid can't be fixed and only they would be dumb enough to risk the lives of millions by saying " Lets see if this works" , oh yaaaay let's see what this might do to the population. OMFG!

You are aware that Sputnik News is actually fully owned by the Russians right? And that it specializes in punking dumb Americans who are prone to conspiracy theories. Right?

While that is an interesting link, it does not actually have the particular strain of bacterium which is being used in the balloons in the study. That would be Paenibacillus xerothermodurans, as listed in the NASA link I provided. I don't know if the CDC considers that particular bacteria to be dangerous.

originally recovered from the dirt outside NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in the 1970s.

“This bacterial strain is harmless to the environment and to humans. Nothing hazardous is going to be hovering over our heads,” Smith assured.
NASA Astrobiology

Wow that took skill.

It is a level 1 and from all appearances they do not know for sure the dangers supposedly. Here is the supplier where the MSDS sheet is on it. I have not used the strain designations to search yet as I am doing something else at the moment. Bacillus xerothermodurans Bond and Favero ATCC ® 27380™ It appears pubmed permanently moved links to it. I'll search it out later. The link I gave is the one that pubmed provided in my initial search....

Bacillus xerothermodurans Bond and Favero (ATCC® 27380™)
Strain Designations: 125-48A / Type Strain: no / Biosafety Level: 1

It is a level 1 and from all appearances they do not know for sure the dangers supposedly. Here is the supplier where the MSDS sheet is on it. I have not used the strain designations to search yet as I am doing something else at the moment. Bacillus xerothermodurans Bond and Favero ATCC ® 27380™ It appears pubmed permanently moved links to it. I'll search it out later. The link I gave is the one that pubmed provided in my initial search....

Thanks for the link. I didn't see anything to indicate "they do not know for sure the dangers." Biosafety level 1 is the least dangerous level. Organisms in that level have not been shown to consistently cause disease in humans.

Thanks for the link. I didn't see anything to indicate "they do not know for sure the dangers." Biosafety level 1 is the least dangerous level. Organisms in that level have not been shown to consistently cause disease in humans.

Organism of that level exacerbate any pre-existing conditions and we already has a ton of people in this country with immune deficiencies. Sorry I don't buy that it does not pose a danger without seeing the actual health studies. surely they are not ignorant and arrogant enough as to not have done some? or are they?

Walter W. Bond; Martin S. Favero were the primary initial biologist. They were also studying hepatitis and tuberculous organism plus I am sure a lot more at that time. This particular bacterium strain is a terrestrial bacteria. If it is totally harmless why didn't NASA put the studies out there showing it is harmless?

Organism of that level exacerbate any pre-existing conditions and we already has a ton of people in this country with immune deficiencies. Sorry I don't buy that it does not pose a danger without seeing the actual health studies. surely they are not ignorant and arrogant enough as to not have done some? or are they?

Walter W. Bond; Martin S. Favero were the primary initial biologist. They were also studying hepatitis and tuberculous organism plus I am sure a lot more at that time. This particular bacterium strain is a terrestrial bacteria. If it is totally harmless why didn't NASA put the studies out there showing it is harmless?
Obviously it's either because they know there's no danger or because they're intentionally tring to hide it from us because they really want to kill us off and reduce the surplus population.......... :eusa_whistle:

Obviously it's either because they know there's no danger or because they're intentionally tring to hide it from us because they really want to kill us off and reduce the surplus population.......... :eusa_whistle:
I rarely actually put people on ignore but I am going to make an exception in your case and let the spirit deal with ya.

I rarely actually put people on ignore but I am going to make an exception in your case and let the spirit deal with ya.
Obviously touched a nerve...... Do you need a tissue also?

Or are you simply insinuating that the NASA scientists are too stupid to realize there might be a danger in what they are doing?

Last edited:

Where do you get this from? I've looked at the CDC website descriptions of biosafety levels and didn't see anything about exacerbating pre-existing conditions. In fact, considering there are only 4 biosafety levels and level 1 almost certainly encompasses a very large variety of organisms, so saying they all exacerbate pre-existing conditions seems unlikely.

As far as NASA "putting the studies out there showing it is harmless," I have no idea how many studies have been done about this particular bacteria or by whom. Nor do I know just how much was put on the balloons. All I can say is that biosafety level 1 substances are "not known to consistently cause disease in healthy adults and present minimal potential hazard to laboratorians and the environment." CDC LC Quick Learn: Recognize the four Biosafety Levels

Where do you get this from? I've looked at the CDC website descriptions of biosafety levels and didn't see anything about exacerbating pre-existing conditions. In fact, considering there are only 4 biosafety levels and level 1 almost certainly encompasses a very large variety of organisms, so saying they all exacerbate pre-existing conditions seems unlikely.

As far as NASA "putting the studies out there showing it is harmless," I have no idea how many studies have been done about this particular bacteria or by whom. Nor do I know just how much was put on the balloons. All I can say is that biosafety level 1 substances are "not known to consistently cause disease in healthy adults and present minimal potential hazard to laboratorians and the environment." CDC LC Quick Learn: Recognize the four Biosafety Levels
I already gave you the link to where the MSDS (material safety date sheet) and information is for this product. I have already found that there are also studies out there but you will have to figure out how to find them as I am not doing your homework for you. BTW, don't try to twist crap and try to allude to shit I didn't say!!!

Are you attempting to use reason because you pity them and think they just might return to reality? Good luck, I gave up on that years ago, it doesn't work they just argue around it. Honestly what else would you expect from those who go looking for conspiracies in every human endeavor on a daily basis, connect non connectible dots and run around like Chicken Little screaming the sky is falling?

I already gave you the link to where the MSDS (material safety date sheet) and information is for this product. I have already found that there are also studies out there but you will have to figure out how to find them as I am not doing your homework for you. BTW, don't try to twist crap and try to allude to shit I didn't say!!!

I've been through your link. I did not see anything on it to indicate that biosafety level 1 materials exacerbate pre-existing conditions, just as I did not see that on the CDC description of biosafety levels.

I don't even know if Bacillus xerothermodurans Bond and Favero is the same as the Paenibacillus xerothermodurans NASA said it was sending in the balloons. From what I can gather, the prefix paeni indicates a substance is almost, but not quite, a type of thing; paenibacillus would be not quite a bacillus.

I find it a bit funny that you say you are not doing my homework for me in the same thread you complain that NASA isn't doing your homework for you. :p

What did I twist to allude to something you did not say?

Are you attempting to use reason because you pity them and think they just might return to reality? Good luck, I gave up on that years ago, it doesn't work they just argue around it. Honestly what else would you expect from those who go looking for conspiracies in every human endeavor on a daily basis, connect non connectible dots and run around like Chicken Little screaming the sky is falling?

I can't help but respond to this type of stuff, and try to do so in a rational way. It's a character flaw. :p

I can't help but respond to this type of stuff, and try to do so in a rational way. It's a character flaw. :p
Well since you don't automatically buy their bull that (in their vernacular) dubs you either an uneducated sheeple dupe or a gov'ment agent.......... :lol:

I've been through your link. I did not see anything on it to indicate that biosafety level 1 materials exacerbate pre-existing conditions, just as I did not see that on the CDC description of biosafety levels.

I don't even know if Bacillus xerothermodurans Bond and Favero is the same as the Paenibacillus xerothermodurans NASA said it was sending in the balloons. From what I can gather, the prefix paeni indicates a substance is almost, but not quite, a type of thing; paenibacillus would be not quite a bacillus.

I find it a bit funny that you say you are not doing my homework for me in the same thread you complain that NASA isn't doing your homework for you. :p

I don't have homework and I don't attempt to claim to know it all but I sure as hell can complain about a bunch of ignorant lying assholes that make up shit to spend other peoples money to play like God; all the while experimenting with something that they claim they do not know what the outcomes will be. If they want to gamble do it with their own lives and money not someone else's.

I fully agree with this assessment of NASA's scientific studies bullshit. NASA is releasing foulbrood bacteria from balloons during the eclipse: Bees be damned
"The bacteria NASA is sending is the same genus, and has the same thermal resistance characteristics as the bacteria which causes foulbrood. A disease that devastates bee colonies.

NASA has no way of knowing 100% that this bacteria is completely harmless to the biosphere. They are a bunch of psychotic cowboys."

And this Smith asshole at NASA is obviously an arrogant ignorant SOB that is playing around with the world's atmosphere. his words; “I think we’ll have bacterial survivors in these experiments,” Smith said. “I’m consistently surprised by the resilience of life — the ability of life to linger in conditions we consider extreme is humbling.”

There ignorance knows no bounds.

I don't have homework and I don't attempt to claim to know it all but I sure as hell can complain about a bunch of ignorant lying assholes that make up shit to spend other peoples money to play like God; all the while experimenting with something that they claim they do not know what the outcomes will be. If they want to gamble do it with their own lives and money not someone else's.

I fully agree with this assessment of NASA's scientific studies bullshit. NASA is releasing foulbrood bacteria from balloons during the eclipse: Bees be damned
"The bacteria NASA is sending is the same genus, and has the same thermal resistance characteristics as the bacteria which causes foulbrood. A disease that devastates bee colonies.

NASA has no way of knowing 100% that this bacteria is completely harmless to the biosphere. They are a bunch of psychotic cowboys."

And this Smith asshole at NASA is obviously an arrogant ignorant SOB that is playing around with the world's atmosphere. his words; “I think we’ll have bacterial survivors in these experiments,” Smith said. “I’m consistently surprised by the resilience of life — the ability of life to linger in conditions we consider extreme is humbling.”

The bacteria is the same genus. That doesn't mean it also causes the issue with bees. Every bacteria in a genus is not the same, and does not have the same effects. For example, domesticated dogs are in the same genus as wolves and jackals.

NASA may not have any way of knowing 100% that the bacteria is harmless to the biosphere, but wouldn't that be true of any substance? What is 100% in life, really?

How is expecting some of the bacteria to survive arrogance? How is that microbiologist "playing around with the world's atmosphere"? Do you have reason to believe that this type of bacterium can have any significant effect on the atmosphere, and that it was sent up in large enough amounts to do so? The bacteria are supposed to be particularly resilient, and the experiment designed to see if they can survive in conditions that at least somewhat mimic conditions on mars; in this particular case, putting the bacteria outside of the ozone layer, which Mars does not have.

What is concerning about this particular bacterium? Would you feel safe if the experiment were with, I don't know, the type of harmless e. coli that we normally have in our intestines?

Oh, and using the wrong form of there/their/they're when talking about someone being ignorant is not really a good idea. ;) Unless you were saying that ignorance knows no bounds in a particular location?

The bacteria is the same genus. That doesn't mean it also causes the issue with bees. Every bacteria in a genus is not the same, and does not have the same effects. For example, domesticated dogs are in the same genus as wolves and jackals.

NASA may not have any way of knowing 100% that the bacteria is harmless to the biosphere, but wouldn't that be true of any substance? What is 100% in life, really?

How is expecting some of the bacteria to survive arrogance? How is that microbiologist "playing around with the world's atmosphere"? Do you have reason to believe that this type of bacterium can have any significant effect on the atmosphere, and that it was sent up in large enough amounts to do so? The bacteria are supposed to be particularly resilient, and the experiment designed to see if they can survive in conditions that at least somewhat mimic conditions on mars; in this particular case, putting the bacteria outside of the ozone layer, which Mars does not have.

What is concerning about this particular bacterium? Would you feel safe if the experiment were with, I don't know, the type of harmless e. coli that we normally have in our intestines?

Oh, and using the wrong form of there/their/they're when talking about someone being ignorant is not really a good idea. ;) Unless you were saying that ignorance knows no bounds in a particular location?
E Coli isn't harmless but I can see you attempting to say it is. .

Forum List

Back