NASA derp derp derping away

1,000 helium balloons tied to a lawn chair.

Lawnchair Larry.

If a for a 15-minute joyride, Space X. If going to the moon or Mars, Artemis, once they get it right. I suspect they don't want to blow up the largest rocket ever built, on the first launch, and get grounded.
You mistake Space X for Blue Origin

1662241755708.png

No. You’re just impatient. And kind of silly.
This actually started before the Shuttle was retired and we were told back then it will be only a few years before it is ready. It si based on the shuttle orange tank and solid boosters. It was supposed to be cheap to launch. There are sites that have printed the total costs for the Space Launch System, the Orion capsule system and all infrastructure is 50 billion dollars and counting. They will figure it out. It is just maddening, and the government seems to be purposely having the EPA screw with Elon Musk's proposed Starship. Which if it does work would be great for space travel.

This actually started before the Shuttle was retired and we were told back then it will be only a few years before it is ready. It si based on the shuttle orange tank and solid boosters. It was supposed to be cheap to launch. There are sites that have printed the total costs for the Space Launch System, the Orion capsule system and all infrastructure is 50 billion dollars and counting. They will figure it out. It is just maddening, and the government seems to be purposely having the EPA screw with Elon Musk's proposed Starship. Which if it does work would be great for space travel.
Frustration is one thing. But “maddening?” I consider that overwrought.

And I have no problem with having private companies like Musk’s competing. In fact, there may be a virtue in getting the government out of the business and out of the way. On the other hand, I can certainly support some arguments for keeping the government heavily involved. China is.

Frustration is one thing. But “maddening?” I consider that overwrought.

And I have no problem with having private companies like Musk’s competing. In fact, there may be a virtue in getting the government out of the business and out of the way. On the other hand, I can certainly support some arguments for keeping the government heavily involved. China is.
It is not the project but the same way of doing business to build it. It is archaic and the political interference is part and parcel of it. As of now they do not even have a real mandate of goals beside attempting a landing and perhaps putting a lunar gateway station in an elliptical orbit around the moon. Which would make it cheaper to put astronauts in once in a while instead of landing over and over.

It is not the project but the same way of doing business to build it. It is archaic and the political interference is part and parcel of it. As of now they do not even have a real mandate of goals beside attempting a landing and perhaps putting a lunar gateway station in an elliptical orbit around the moon. Which would make it cheaper to put astronauts in once in a while instead of landing over and over.
I would happily accept a review of how NASA is performing its job. I’d be thrilled if lots of agencies got a good solid bit of oversight.

I’d also like to see NASA have some definitive mission goals and objectives like the days of yesteryear. Use this new moon project as the base for moving forward to manned missions to Mars. But make the goals clear and set some realistic deadline.

Forum List

Back