Naomi Osaka was ‘shocked’ by lack of paid maternity leave in US

It just seems like you can find an excuse for not providing civilsed benefits.
Of course the govt could provide an example to the private sector and work with the private sector to introduce benefits for the public good.
But the right would have to stop hating women first.
I know, the Biden admin sucks and shows their hate for women and babies since they don't even bother to try to provide these benefits!

Another reason for young people not to have a family. That being said I don't agree with forcing a business to provide any leave. I also applaud those young married couples who don't have kids.

He has done nothing to change it. Why not? Does he hate women?
No, he seems to like women, especially young girls. Haven't you seen pictures of him sniffing their hair and head?

I suspect he hasn't changed it because it doesn't even know it exists. He doesn't even know what day of the week it is.

Of course the govt could provide an example to the private sector and work with the private sector to introduce benefits for the public good.

Why are you being so transphobic, it offensive!!! Men have babies too.

No, he seems to like women, especially young girls. Haven't you seen pictures of him sniffing their hair and head?

I suspect he hasn't changed it because it doesn't even know it exists. He doesn't even know what day of the week it is.
I think he hates women... :dunno:

Osaka could be Turdy's brother -- never stops moaning and whining and when she loses she puts it down to mental health fragility .
Turdy to the letter T

This is not an issue arising in a political vacuum. We have a welfare system that perhaps wrong-headedly or backhandedly encourages women to have lots of babies out of wedlock to maximize their benefits across a range of programs. While the right perhaps overstates how many "welfare Queens" there are, everybody seems to know someone (often a cousin or other relative) who has a PHD on how to milk every dime from the government they can. Maternity leave feels to many like it will give people even more ways to feed off others, especially when you have to provide it to men too.

Personally think that it needs to look more like unemployment in which you would get a reduced check from the program while out of work however long having a baby without needing to search for jobs and such. Leave the employer out of it as much as possible. Just let the worker FMLA the absence when applicable and let them do the maternity benefit through whichever branch of government lands it.

Who gives a shit, she’s a nut. She gave up all the money her talent can generate for her … mental wellbeing? What a fucking loser!

If people don't raise issues then things don't get better. Why do you hate families ?
We had two kids, at our cost/expense, we didn't expect the tax payer to foot the bill of our decision. As you know, the state pays Child Benefit, so we received that, but if it was scrapped, it wouldn't have bothered us. Both sets of grandparents looked after the kids, and we also paid for them to go to nursery school.

With the first, I took a paternity week off. With the second, I took about two days off and went back to work. If paternity leave didn't exist, then I would have been happy to take them as holidays. I never used to take my full holiday entitlement anyhow.

I wish people would make choices and decisions at their cost and stop expecting the taxpayer to pick up the tab. Welfare should be renamed to Sponging.

• Thanks
Reactions: DBA
We had two kids, at our cost/expense, we didn't expect the tax payer to foot the bill of our decision. As you know, the state pays Child Benefit, so we received that, but if it was scrapped, it wouldn't have bothered us. Both sets of grandparents looked after the kids, and we also paid for them to go to nursery school.

With the first, I took a paternity week off. With the second, I took about two days off and went back to work. If paternity leave didn't exist, then I would have been happy to take them as holidays. I never used to take my full holiday entitlement anyhow.

I wish people would make choices and decisions at their cost and stop expecting the taxpayer to pick up the tab. Welfare should be renamed to Sponging.
Most married couples today shouldn't have kids. This would solve all problems.

Forum List

Back