Myth of the ‘Moderate Muslim’

Muslim-Radical-vs-Moderate.jpg

tumblr_niaxbg5dq01rw5dlyo1_500.png

ANKARA - Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan rejected attempts to call Turkey the representative of moderate Islam. "It is unacceptable for us to agree with such a definition. Turkey has never been a country to represent such a concept. Moreover, Islam cannot be classified as moderate or not," Erdoğan said, speaking at Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies late Thursday.
Prime Minister objects to ’moderate Islam’ label

PM Erdogan: The Term “Moderate Islam” Is Ugly And Offensive; There Is No Moderate Islam; Islam Is Islam
Speaking at Kanal D TV’s Arena program, PM Erdogan commented on the term “moderate Islam”, often used in the West to describe AKP and said, ‘These descriptions are very ugly, it is offensive and an insult to our religion. There is no moderate or immoderate Islam. Islam is Islam and that’s it.”

Source: Milliyet, Turkey, August 21, 2007
PM Erdogan: The Term “Moderate Islam” Is Ugly And Offensive; There Is No Moderate Islam; Islam Is Islam

"Myth of the ‘Moderate Muslim’"

This fails as a composition fallacy.

Muslims are no different than Christians, Jews, and others persons of faith – there are Muslims who are very secular, for whom their religion is separate and apart from their everyday life, who were raised Muslim but are not observant, there are Muslims who adhere to the tenets of their faith absent any sort of political ideology or involvement, and there are those who are political whose beliefs and actions are not representative of all Muslims.

The thread premise fails in its perception that all Muslims are 'political,' that Islam is solely about 'politics,' and that there is an inherent 'extremism' associated with Islam, when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.

Imagine if they all arranged for a day of Sharia where they all went out to kill everyone who was not a true Muslim. And hundreds and thousands went door to door murdering anyone who could not prove they were devout Islamists.

And exactly why do you spend your time imagining such things?

Muslims are no different than Christians, Jews, and others persons of faith – there are Muslims who are very secular, for whom their religion is separate and apart from their everyday life, who were raised Muslim but are not observant, there are Muslims who adhere to the tenets of their faith absent any sort of political ideology or involvement, and there are those who are political whose beliefs and actions are not representative of all Muslims.

The thread premise fails in its perception that all Muslims are 'political,' that Islam is solely about 'politics,' and that there is an inherent 'extremism' associated with Islam, when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.
In might not be "inherent", but there seems to be a shit ton of them that resembles it.

Chapter 1: Beliefs About Sharia

You really have no idea what you are talking about.
First, to make that one clear, I am atheist to the bone. I have no preferences of relifions whatsowver.
But: Islam is actually no religion. Islam is the adaption of fragments of the old testament and the Tanach, namely the violent ones, enhanced and twisted to serve as spiritual backup for the crimes and warmongery of Mohammed. Mixed up with some anciant tribal nightmarish bullshit about the role of women.
Ths was a bit restructured two or three generation later, namely the sytematic order of the suras by lenght, and the generl rule of abrogation, which was of some sucess in confusing uninformed people like you libtard.
The Quran and the Hadiths are basically nothing else than the handbook how to reach world dominance by force, or if that does not work instantly, by fraud and lies. There is nothing like an islamic theology. Well, I consider the judaic and christion ones also not quite as scientific, but at least they try to make it up.

If the myjorit of muslims are not extemists, this has the same reason other groups of humans also
have only a minority of extremsts. The majority always consists of cowards, and sheeple.
There was never ever a reaction of Muslims to atrocities in their name, except the repeated one "this shalll not lead to a general suspicion against Islam". There was never a critical reaction of Muslims if one of their ingenious Mullahs issued this or that deadly fathwa.

I am pretty sure one part of the answer, if any, will be " I have muslim friends, and blahblah"..
I assure you, you don't. Hopefully it will not be too painful once you find out.

Indiajo is more than an atheist, only an anti-Godist with no respect for belief systems of others than rely on deity.

Any anti-Godist remarks on religion should be summarily dismissed.

Imagine if they all arranged for a day of Sharia where they all went out to kill everyone who was not a true Muslim. And hundreds and thousands went door to door murdering anyone who could not prove they were devout Islamists.

How well do you know your neighbors? Do you live in Santa Barbara?

Most of you fringe nutjobs want to do the same to them. How many times have you losers said we need to nuke Mecca?
Hmm...You sound like you missed your last dose of medication. Please take the appropriate dosage soon and make an appointment with your psychologist asap.
Spoken like the little bitch you are
You might want to double down on that next dose. And maybe talk with someone who cares.
Respond again bitch. Prove how little you care.
Here I am responding...What kind of nonsense have you got to say now?

And exactly why do you spend your time imagining every Muslim going out and murdering everyone who could not prove that they were devout Islamists?

You really have no idea what you are talking about.
First, to make that one clear, I am atheist to the bone. I have no preferences of relifions whatsowver.
But: Islam is actually no religion. Islam is the adaption of fragments of the old testament and the Tanach, namely the violent ones, enhanced and twisted to serve as spiritual backup for the crimes and warmongery of Mohammed. Mixed up with some anciant tribal nightmarish bullshit about the role of women.
Ths was a bit restructured two or three generation later, namely the sytematic order of the suras by lenght, and the generl rule of abrogation, which was of some sucess in confusing uninformed people like you libtard.
The Quran and the Hadiths are basically nothing else than the handbook how to reach world dominance by force, or if that does not work instantly, by fraud and lies. There is nothing like an islamic theology. Well, I consider the judaic and christion ones also not quite as scientific, but at least they try to make it up.

If the myjorit of muslims are not extemists, this has the same reason other groups of humans also
have only a minority of extremsts. The majority always consists of cowards, and sheeple.
There was never ever a reaction of Muslims to atrocities in their name, except the repeated one "this shalll not lead to a general suspicion against Islam". There was never a critical reaction of Muslims if one of their ingenious Mullahs issued this or that deadly fathwa.

I am pretty sure one part of the answer, if any, will be " I have muslim friends, and blahblah"..
I assure you, you don't. Hopefully it will not be too painful once you find out.

Actually Islam is every bit as much of a religion and Judaism and Christianity.

By any rational measurement.

The Quran- like the Bible- includes codes of conduct for its believers- and has very much a theology similar to Judaism and Christianity- in particular very much Old Testament theology.

And you are either and idiot- or a liar- or maybe an idiot liar- when you say:
There was never ever a reaction of Muslims to atrocities in their name

Muslims repeatedly condemn atrocities committed in their name. A quick Google regarding the San Bernardino shootings shows that you are the one spreading lies- and why?

And exactly why do you spend your time imagining every Muslim going out and murdering everyone who could not prove that they were devout Islamists?
If it was the early 1900's you would have to prove you weren't Jewish.
The names have changed....

Most of you fringe nutjobs want to do the same to them. How many times have you losers said we need to nuke Mecca?
Hmm...You sound like you missed your last dose of medication. Please take the appropriate dosage soon and make an appointment with your psychologist asap.
Spoken like the little bitch you are
You might want to double down on that next dose. And maybe talk with someone who cares.
Respond again bitch. Prove how little you care.
Here I am responding...What kind of nonsense have you got to say now?
Well you proved you care. Are you going to respond again?

So where is the crazed Islamaphobe with an (semi)automatic weapon when you need him?

How long till America realizes that it has been invaded and that things are going to spiral out of control soon?

Last edited:
Erdogan: These descriptions [the term “moderate Islam”] are very ugly, it is offensive and an insult to our religion. There is no moderate or immoderate Islam. Islam is Islam and that’s it.

Quotations on Islam from Notable Muslims - WikiIslam
I suggest you read about Wikilslam before quoting it. I suppose if you looking for a source that interprets every single aspect of Islam as stupid at best and evil at worst, it's probably your cut of tea.
It's been quoted in all major press articles. He refers to the phrase as an ignorant Western invention.
WkiIslam quoted in all major press articles? I think not. WkiIslam is a favorite source at anti-Islamic web sites, Facebook and Twitter. It's similar to other sites such as Wikipedia that publish open editable content from anonymous sources. Content is reviewed and edited by the audience of viewers. The assumption is made that the audience will be a good representation of different opinions and will eliminate bias and inaccuracies. The problem is WikiIslam's audience is highly critical of Islam. In fact, it says so in their FAQ. This means that the articles are not just biased but inaccurate content unfavorable to Islam is not likely to be corrected.

Last edited:
Erdogan: These descriptions [the term “moderate Islam”] are very ugly, it is offensive and an insult to our religion. There is no moderate or immoderate Islam. Islam is Islam and that’s it.

Quotations on Islam from Notable Muslims - WikiIslam
I suggest you read about Wikilslam before quoting it. I suppose if you looking for a source that interprets every single aspect of Islam as stupid at best and evil at worst, it's probably your cut of tea.
It's been quoted in all major press articles. He refers to the phrase as an ignorant Western invention.
WkiIslam quoted in all major press articles? I think not. WkiIslam is a favorite source at anti-Islamic web sites, Facebook and Twitter. It's similar to other sites such as Wikipedia that publish open editable content from anonymous sources. Content is reviewed and edited by the audience of viewers. The assumption is made that the audience will be a good representation of different opinions and will eliminate bias and inaccuracies. The problem is WikiIslam's audience is highly critical of Islam. In fact, it says so in their FAQ. This means that the articles are not just biased but inaccurate content unfavorable to Islam is not likely to be corrected.
OK. Another deliberately dense lib.
On the off chance you're genuinely stupid, go read back and then try again.

Forum List

Back