Mysterious elk-shaped structure discovered in Russia

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest

A huge geoglyph in the shape of an elk or deer discovered in Russia may predate Peru's famous Nazca Lines by thousands of years.

The animal-shaped stone structure, located near Lake Zjuratkul in the Ural Mountains, north of Kazakhstan, has an elongated muzzle, four legs and two antlers. A historical Google Earth satellite image from 2007 shows what may be a tail, but this is less clear in more recent imagery.

Excluding the possible tail, the animal stretches for about 900 feet (275 meters) at its farthest points (northwest to southeast), the researchers estimate, equivalent to two American football fields. The figure faces north and would have been visible from a nearby ridge.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49389775/ns/technology_and_science-science/

The Nazca Lines have always fascinated me, very cool!

Look up Dr Robert Schoch

He's got some pretty interesting theories on how old the human civilization is. For instance he proposes that the Spynx is tens of thousands of years older than the pyramids

CaféAuLait;6150760 said:

A huge geoglyph in the shape of an elk or deer discovered in Russia may predate Peru's famous Nazca Lines by thousands of years.

The animal-shaped stone structure, located near Lake Zjuratkul in the Ural Mountains, north of Kazakhstan, has an elongated muzzle, four legs and two antlers. A historical Google Earth satellite image from 2007 shows what may be a tail, but this is less clear in more recent imagery.

Excluding the possible tail, the animal stretches for about 900 feet (275 meters) at its farthest points (northwest to southeast), the researchers estimate, equivalent to two American football fields. The figure faces north and would have been visible from a nearby ridge.

Mysterious elk-shaped structure discovered in Russia - Technology & science - Science - LiveScience | NBC News

The Nazca Lines have always fascinated me, very cool!

nice find thx....

Look up Dr Robert Schoch

He's got some pretty interesting theories on how old the human civilization is. For instance he proposes that the Spynx is tens of thousands of years older than the pyramids

no, I am sorry but thats chariot of the gods bunk...;)

I'm not following???

you never read chariot of the gods? its pretty much bunk, but it has a lot of interesting supposition....

anyway, I don't believe that the moisture issue resolves anything. my reading has led me to believe that it was probably built between 2660 ( Djoser start of reign) and the end of the 3rd dynasty around 2600, perhaps 400 years before the great pyramid was begun, no earlier.

I'm not following???

you never read chariot of the gods? its pretty much bunk, but it has a lot of interesting supposition....

anyway, I don't believe that the moisture issue resolves anything. my reading has led me to believe that it was probably built between 2660 ( Djoser start of reign) and the end of the 3rd dynasty around 2600, perhaps 400 years before the great pyramid was begun, no earlier.

Ahh ok.

I dunno if his ideas are correct or not but i find a lot of his theories interesting. He had a special on tv back in the 90's where he debated his theories with those that mock his ideas. He had a pretty compelling argument.

I'm not following???

Ahh ok.

I dunno if his ideas are correct or not but i find a lot of his theories interesting. He had a special on tv back in the 90's where he debated his theories with those that mock his ideas. He had a pretty compelling argument.

if you like this kind of stuff catch the show on the History Channel called...."Ancient Aliens"....lots of interesting Ancient things....

Look up Dr Robert Schoch

No, I think Schoch's finding has nothing to do with that book. That book was published in 1968. Schoch didn't visit the Spynx until 1990.

He might be wrong about his accessment of the Spynx's pattern of erosion, of course.

But as a geologist he thinks that the the erosion of the Spynx happened because of water.

Conventional archeologists thinks it happened due to wind erosion and that the Spynx is about the same age as the pyrimids.

Forum List

Back