My three electric vehicle questions.

If you reveal your personal data as well.

I make no claim to have published anything more than a few chess games ... but I'll bite ... I live in Roseburg, Oregon ... and I'm the only old man in town with hair down to my ass ... and I flaunt it, God's most perfect example of feminine beauty ... so ask around, Roseburg ain't that big ...

Your turn ...

You could try to prove that claim but you can't because it is not true. I know the gas laws as well as you do.

You don't apply the gas laws then if you think hotter means drier ... warmer surface temperatures means a wetter Earth ... more rain more widely distributed ... but not enough to solve our drinking water problems ... the IPCC prediction of 2ºC over the next 100 years is too little change ... our population may double again by then ... 16 billion souls to feed and clothe ...

And these drinking water problems are going to come to a head far sooner than climate will change ...

need science, name one that has a renewable that can replace coal, natural gas or hydro? Oh yeah, Nuclear. hmmmm the answer has been there for a very long time, and guess who authorizes the development?
Well then, the people should elect those who favor nuclear.

Last edited:
Well then, the people should elect those who favor nuclear.
we did and yet the elites said nope and steal elections. Happens almost every election cycle.

It is funny, or sad, depending on how you wish to see it, that you think middle class people enjoy 8% inflation and doubled gas prices at the pumps.

Last edited:
I make no claim to have published anything more than a few chess games ... but I'll bite ... I live in Roseburg, Oregon ... and I'm the only old man in town with hair down to my ass ... and I flaunt it, God's most perfect example of feminine beauty ... so ask around, Roseburg ain't that big ...

Yeah, I know where Roseburg is.
Your turn ...

Nope. Not interested. You don't have to believe me about my degrees. It simply isn't that important. (And besides I'd have to give up a LOT more than just my general location.)

You don't apply the gas laws then if you think hotter means drier

Increasing global temperatures can result in different weather patterns which can result in a decrease in precipitation in specific areas. Simple enough.

... warmer surface temperatures means a wetter Earth

Perhaps on average but not at every point on the earth. That would be a complete misunderstanding of the relationship between global averages and local climates.

It is funny, or sad, depending on how you wish to see it, that you think middle class people enjoy 8% inflation and doubled gas prices at the pumps.
I'm doing my part; reducing driving, suspending big spending (although I did just buy a used car out of necessity).

we did and yet the elites said nope and steal elections. Happens almost every election cycle.

A successful democracy requires an educated and responsible citizenry. We are sadly lacking in this regard.

Increasing global temperatures can result in different weather patterns which can result in a decrease in precipitation in specific areas. Simple enough.

Show me where the 1ºC temperature increase these past 40 years has change any weather pattern anywhere on Earth ... just one ... otherwise this is bullshit ...

Weather moves east-to-west between 0º and 30º latitude, west-to-east between 30º and 60º, and east-to-west between 60º and the poles ... just keep reading that Wikipedia article on Atmospheric Circulation until you actually understand it ... I'm beginning to have my doubts about your alleged education ... c'mon, this ain't brain surgery, more like rocket science ...

Perhaps on average but not at every point on the earth. That would be a complete misunderstanding of the relationship between global averages and local climates.

Then edify us ... in what case does average global temperature goes up but local climate goes down ... and how are we objectively measuring climate, in order to judge if it's changing or not ...

My claim is that equilibrium predominates the entire climate system ... with both gravity and EM accounted for, you are left with magical forces to drive your imaginary micro-climates ...

Show me where the 1ºC temperature increase these past 40 years has change any weather pattern anywhere on Earth ... just one ... otherwise this is bullshit ...

Weather moves east-to-west between 0º and 30º latitude, west-to-east between 30º and 60º, and east-to-west between 60º and the poles ... just keep reading that Wikipedia article on Atmospheric Circulation until you actually understand it ... I'm beginning to have my doubts about your alleged education ... c'mon, this ain't brain surgery, more like rocket science ...

Then edify us ... in what case does average global temperature goes up but local climate goes down ... and how are we objectively measuring climate, in order to judge if it's changing or not ...

My claim is that equilibrium predominates the entire climate system ... with both gravity and EM accounted for, you are left with magical forces to drive your imaginary micro-climates ...

He has dodged your sensible question has posted for several hours after your post yup he is dodging here.

Went over some of it with him, he doesn't think 58 years long enough when I told him the climate in my region is the same as it was in 1964 when I moved there, he disputes it with babbling nonsense since the entire Northwest climate is the same since 1964 too.

1. What is the impact of mining the materials needed to construct the batteries. Getting rid of fossil fuels to mine for more scarce materials seems conflicting.
2. Disposal of the batteries. I've seen some say recycling, but how would that work?
3. Where does the energy come from to charge the batteries? I've seen some say solar, but that doesn't sound realistic. Wouldn't you need enough solar panels to cover Nevada to power the charging stations?

Since the government is trying to force people to buy them, I'd like some answers. I still have doubts that creating and charging batteries will be a cleaner solution to energy needs.
1. Depends on the battery type. Lithium is a common material, as is phosphorus and iron. Nickel and cobalt are not. Sodium is a very common material, as is sulfur.
2. There are already battery recyclers making a profit recycling batteries.
3. We have huge areas that are perfect for solar panels;
1650001318444.png

Really, care to show me where the government is trying to force you to buy EV's. Right now, almost all the production of EV's in the US is sold out several months ahead of production. Almost every model of Tesla's projected production is sold out through 2022.

Forum List

Back