• OK, as always

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • OK, not as always

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • not too great, as always

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • not too great, not as always

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Was it Thanksgiving? ("just another day")

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Banned
I say Just another day because I am estranged from family

Believe it or not, that is NOT my fault, objectively speaking. It doesn't help that I live hundreds of miles away anyhow.

My day was interesting, though... long story.. but interesting.. something only the Lord understands.. (probably)

Tiring, as I did most of the cooking and cleanup. On the plus side I get to see my kids and grandchildren (and I didn't have to travel).

Why not say "How was your Thanksgiving"?

I tried to remember a Thanksgiving that wasn't great. A few years ago I was sick with the flu over the holiday. Other than that it has always been great.

The reason I check the "great...not as always" box is that we did something very different this year.

I say Just another day because I am estranged from family

Believe it or not, that is NOT my fault, objectively speaking. It doesn't help that I live hundreds of miles away anyhow.

My day was interesting, though... long story.. but interesting.. something only the Lord understands.. (probably)
I worked a quiet, uneventful shift till 3pm and collected the Holiday pay. Had dinner with three beautiful Sri women.

Similar as you, otherwise. My family, what is left of them, all live out of state. Got a few texts. Had some phone calls from my closest friends.

It was awesome actually.
But that is because we finally got to meet our 2nd granddaughter. She was born little over 2 weeks ago, but I finally got over bronchitis and was able to see her.

I miss deer hunting in the morning with my dad, coming home, and sitting down to Thanksgiving Dinner then both of us gradually falling asleep watching football. The best of times.

I was usually ready for everyone to leave after eating because I wanted to fall into a turkey coma in peace.

I tried to remember a Thanksgiving that wasn't great. A few years ago I was sick with the flu over the holiday. Other than that it has always been great.

The reason I check the "great...not as always" box is that we did something very different this year.

What did you do?

And here is our special CIC having his meal with his beloved troops, except for wearing those rubber gloves at the table for fear of getting any yucky germs or cooties from those dirty working slobs who actually go fight his wars in foreign countries!

biden-first-lady-serve-thanksgiving-dinner-to-troops-gUjIGuopiiA.jpg

What did you do?

We took Amtrak to New Orleans and had a fantastic Thanksgiving meal at a local restaurant. Part of the reason for the trip was to try out the two versions of sleeper berths, for future reference during our retirement. We want to take the train trip from Chicago to San Fran, through the mountains and canyons out west. But before we do a 53 hour trip, we wanted to try it out.

We took Amtrak to New Orleans and had a fantastic Thanksgiving meal at a local restaurant. Part of the reason for the trip was to try out the two versions of sleeper berths, for future reference during our retirement. We want to take the train trip from Chicago to San Fran, through the mountains and canyons out west. But before we do a 53 hour trip, we wanted to try it out.

Be sure to take the southern route through Colorado and New Mexico into LA then up the coast to SF, not the northern route that takes you through Wyoming.

your family decided not to bash conservatives ?

I miss deer hunting in the morning with my dad, coming home, and sitting down to Thanksgiving Dinner then both of us gradually falling asleep watching football. The best of times.
you don't hunt with him anymore? (it was your grandfather who.. you know.. in that photo you shared, right?)

you don't hunt with him anymore? (it was your grandfather who.. you know.. in that photo you shared, right?)
My dad died in 2008....I deer hunted till 2016 then just quit. I just figured 50 opening days straight was a very good run.

Weird, my first buck on my first opening day was a eight point and so was my last buck on opening day 50 years later....With the same Marlin 336C .35 rifle....At least I went out on a high note. ;)

DSCN5599_2.jpg

I still put the hurt to squirrels though. ;)

My dad died in 2008....I deer hunted till 2016 then just quit. I just figured 50 opening days straight was a very good run.

Weird, my first buck on my first opening day was a eight point and so was my last buck on opening day 50 years later....With the same Marlin 336C .35 rifle....At least I went out on a high note. ;)

View attachment 731625

I still put the hurt to squirrels though. ;)
don't show that to the vegans !

Forum List

Back