My Scorecard on Tonight's GOP Presidential Debate

1. The moderator did a great job, Jake Tapper. Trying to keep politicians within their allotted time has to be worse than cat herding.

2. Trump won the debate politically tonight, I suspect. Who knows who will go up more in the polls or less, but Trump did not self destruct and he seemed to come out unscathed and he shut down my favorite guy, Rand Paul, right from the start.

3. The best debate performer was Carly Fiorina as she wowed nearly everyone and fended off Trump quite well, giving her more stature and gravitas. She is definitely on my political radar and I loved her defense of unborn babies right to live. I think a whole lot of other people did too.

4. Carson won the most amiable debater tonight. They guy is just so nice....maybe too nice, which could be a problem for him.

5. Rand Paul scored a lot of good points, but he best improved with his body language and demeanor. A shame its probably a case of too little too late. I suspect he is playing for a brokered convention again.

6. Bush and Rubio lost tonight as they needed a knock out punch, being way behind on the cards. They didn't get one.

This nomination may already be done as Trump has totally hijacked the GOP establishments roadmap for a Bush coronation and made it his own..
I agree with most of that but wouldn't say Trump won, unless loud and assertive is your litmus test. Like the autism issue, when Carson disagreed that vaccines were related but agreed too much were given too soon Trump jumped back in and said that's all he meant. Well, no, it wasn't.

And Rubio did very well. Was very up to speed on the middle east and made a lot of sense on the immigration issue. I wouldn't say Bush lost but he was in a defensive position. No one really won or lost anyway, that's just chatter. If you liked someone you still did or maybe more and visa versa.

When Carson was asked about Trump's position on 'vaccination causing Autism' he sounded professional, reasonable- and way too boring.

He should have simply said Trump is an idiot.

Not only would that have been the correct medical response- it would have given Carson headlines tomorrow.

But Carson was waaaay to polite.

Accurate- polite- and missed his opportunity.
That would have been extremely stupid of him. He handled it right. Sorry they didn't get into a fist brawl for you.

I thought Rand Paul was the only one who sounded sane, measured, and mature. The winner.

After him, Chris Christie did very well.

Carl Fiorina didn't stumble, but she talked a lot of shit, especially about her career as CEO.

Losers: Huckaminajad, Walker, Carson, Cruz.

Status Quo: Kasich, Trump, Rubio, Bush
Rand Paul can't get along with anyone.

Trump was the anti-status quo guy.....just ask anyone.

Other than that, I agree.

I think Paul has the highest IQ of anyone on the stage, but the problem is he knows it too and it shows.
He's smart cuz he's a pacifist.
Hard to believe he's from KY.

Truth is, he pisses everyone off. Not a good quality if you want to be president.

I still think Kasich is the GOP's best candidate, but he's just not getting traction. After him, looking at the big picture, it may be Fiorina.

Rubio should be VP in either case.

He sweats too much. It's why his mouth gets dry so often.

Shows a lack of confidence. We need a confident leader. He needs seasoning.

Not sure why you say that. It never kept Carson from being a successful doctor or surgeon.
People don't vote for doctors, dumbass.

A White Supremacist Jew-Hating pedophile could be a great surgeon - it's a learned skill.

Skills are learned.....gifts are not.

Having a gift of being rational and pleasant is sometimes learned but mostly through experience. Being an asshole is easy. Some people have it down pat.

Assholes: Bush, Fiorina, Christie, Paul, and the four guys on the early debate.
All are on the way down in the polls and deservedly so. Fiorina is only there because she has a vagina.

If anyone was to ever ever ever ever google any GOP debate, so help me, you would never know the decade, the era, the changes... I mean, they all start off by paying homage to the great and power wizard of Dumb, ie Ronald Fuckin Reagan.....followed by bs and more bs
Well, obviously you would know it wasn't a decade prior to 1980, dude.

Not sure why you say that. It never kept Carson from being a successful doctor or surgeon.

A White Supremacist Jew-Hating pedophile could be a great surgeon - it's a learned skill.

Having a gift of being rational and pleasant is sometimes learned but mostly through experience. Being an asshole is easy. Some people have it down pat.

All are on the way down in the polls and deservedly so. Fiorina is only there because she has a vagina.

I think you are underestimating Fiorina. She isn't an ass hole so much as she is a woman who has had to succeed in what is still pretty much a mans world, the corporate upper management stratosphere. And, yeah, this is nonPC but I don't care, women have a hard time with how to time comments, how forceful to be and how empathetic to be in that environment BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT MEN.

So the successful female manager types I have known have this learned ability to empathize without appearing weak, to be forceful without being bitchy, etc, but it doesn't come off as natural most of the time. So Fiorina has to avoid looking like she might cry and at the same time not being a bitch and it is hard for women to pull off.

She seems to have done well with it so far, and I give her some credit for that, but it is her grasp of complex subjects that seems the most impressive to me and her ability to speak in decisive tones with concise language that just leaves me feeling like she could be a Margret Thatcher type.

1. The moderator did a great job, Jake Tapper. Trying to keep politicians within their allotted time has to be worse than cat herding.

2. Trump won the debate politically tonight, I suspect. Who knows who will go up more in the polls or less, but Trump did not self destruct and he seemed to come out unscathed and he shut down my favorite guy, Rand Paul, right from the start.

3. The best debate performer was Carly Fiorina as she wowed nearly everyone and fended off Trump quite well, giving her more stature and gravitas. She is definitely on my political radar and I loved her defense of unborn babies right to live. I think a whole lot of other people did too.

4. Carson won the most amiable debater tonight. They guy is just so nice....maybe too nice, which could be a problem for him.

5. Rand Paul scored a lot of good points, but he best improved with his body language and demeanor. A shame its probably a case of too little too late. I suspect he is playing for a brokered convention again.

6. Bush and Rubio lost tonight as they needed a knock out punch, being way behind on the cards. They didn't get one.

This nomination may already be done as Trump has totally hijacked the GOP establishments roadmap for a Bush coronation and made it his own..
I agree with most of that but wouldn't say Trump won, unless loud and assertive is your litmus test. Like the autism issue, when Carson disagreed that vaccines were related but agreed too much were given too soon Trump jumped back in and said that's all he meant. Well, no, it wasn't.

And Rubio did very well. Was very up to speed on the middle east and made a lot of sense on the immigration issue. I wouldn't say Bush lost but he was in a defensive position. No one really won or lost anyway, that's just chatter. If you liked someone you still did or maybe more and visa versa.

Well, by 'win' I mean that they gained ground or held on to their lead status, in Trumps case.

Trump won by avoiding a knock out blow. He did OK, but the man is not a trained debater like most of them, and so what anyway? Are we voting for President or for the Harvard Debate Team Coach?

Trump's competition needed to draw blood and they failed to. Rand Paul was talking like that was his goal, but he backed off after the first exchange. Fiorina came the closest and did zing Trump a couple of times, but I don't think it cost Trump any following, but it likely gained Fiorina the right to be considered top tier along with Trump, Bush, Carson, Rubio, and Walker.

It was interesting and I never dozed off during it, lol.

I still think Kasich is the GOP's best candidate, but he's just not getting traction. After him, looking at the big picture, it may be Fiorina.

Rubio should be VP in either case.

He sweats too much. It's why his mouth gets dry so often.

Shows a lack of confidence. We need a confident leader. He needs seasoning.

Or maybe that he is getting older than he realizes and is badly out of shape?

Did you see who the platform had them just above the windows of a jet liner? That's pretty high up and they were likely in the hottest part of the inside air at the library.

I thought Rand Paul was the only one who sounded sane, measured, and mature. The winner.

After him, Chris Christie did very well.

Carl Fiorina didn't stumble, but she talked a lot of shit, especially about her career as CEO.

Losers: Huckaminajad, Walker, Carson, Cruz.

Status Quo: Kasich, Trump, Rubio, Bush
Rand Paul can't get along with anyone.

Trump was the anti-status quo guy.....just ask anyone.

Other than that, I agree.

I think Paul has the highest IQ of anyone on the stage, but the problem is he knows it too and it shows.
He's smart cuz he's a pacifist.
Hard to believe he's from KY.

Truth is, he pisses everyone off. Not a good quality if you want to be president.
I think Rand Paul is naturally intelligent, but he had to learn a whole lot because he had a domineering father who was also a sharp man and who had a sweeping knowledge of law, history, medicine, politics and science.

Rand Paul had to become as smart as his daddy or he would have evaporated.

But unfortunately for him, he also seems to have inherited his Daddy's 'Truthful Hermit Persecution Complex'. That doesn't look good on anyone.

I think you are underestimating Fiorina. She isn't an ass hole so much as she is a woman who has had to succeed in what is still pretty much a mans world, the corporate upper management stratosphere. And, yeah, this is nonPC but I don't care, women have a hard time with how to time comments, how forceful to be and how empathetic to be in that environment BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT MEN.

So the successful female manager types I have known have this learned ability to empathize without appearing weak, to be forceful without being bitchy, etc, but it doesn't come off as natural most of the time. So Fiorina has to avoid looking like she might cry and at the same time not being a bitch and it is hard for women to pull off.

She seems to have done well with it so far, and I give her some credit for that, but it is her grasp of complex subjects that seems the most impressive to me and her ability to speak in decisive tones with concise language that just leaves me feeling like she could be a Margret Thatcher type.
Best way I know to be treated as an equal is to not demand special treatment. ...and last night she did that. Most women want to be treated like an equal but then turn around and ask for sympathy because they're a woman. A woman becomes your enemy if you are critical in any way of their appearance. It's a learned trait that most women have developed. Men aren't as concerned about their appearance. Any that do are labeled as pretty-boys. Women get bitchy about it. Carli should have just said to move on....and refuse to comment, but she didn't. Instead she milked it for all it was worth.

Wrong answer in my book.

Best way I know to be treated as an equal is to not demand special treatment. ...and last night she did that. Most women want to be treated like an equal but then turn around and ask for sympathy because they're a woman. A woman becomes your enemy if you are critical in any way of their appearance. It's a learned trait that most women have developed. Men aren't as concerned about their appearance. Any that do are labeled as pretty-boys. Women get bitchy about it. Carli should have just said to move on....and refuse to comment, but she didn't. Instead she milked it for all it was worth.

Wrong answer in my book.

I see that as the view of most men, but once a guy starts to openly comment on women's clothing and appearance, he steps into THEIR world with that sort of thing. About two thirds of women it seems don't think that they are attractive enough and see other women as rivals, but guys that comment are seen largely as interlopers who have no clue what women go through to try and look 'their best'.

Me, I prefer women who have enough confidence to not wear make up, dress for comfort, and stand against the world with the face that God gave them.

Wrong answer in my book.
I didn't see her milk it or ask for any special favors. What did you see?

Wrong answer in my book.

I see that as the view of most men, but once a guy starts to openly comment on women's clothing and appearance, he steps into THEIR world with that sort of thing. About two thirds of women it seems don't think that they are attractive enough and see other women as rivals, but guys that comment are seen largely as interlopers who have no clue what women go through to try and look 'their best'.

Me, I prefer women who have enough confidence to not wear make up, dress for comfort, and stand against the world with the face that God gave them.
I think Trump was commenting on her lack of presidential bearing or leadership qualities more than her appearance. The media went lowball and Fiorina took the bait. For the record, most of what is reported Trump says ....he never really says. That bimbo comment wasn't even his own words....it was one of the people following him on Twitter that said it.

Last edited:

Wrong answer in my book.

I think Trump was commenting on her lack of presidential bearing or leadership qualities more than her appearance. The media went lowball and Fiorina took the bait. For the record, most of what is reported Trump says he never says. That bimbo comment wasn't even his own words....it was one of the people following him on Twitter that said it.
Dude, he didn't even deny it. He backtracked and said she was beautiful, It's what he does, he talks smack and when he gets called on it he pretends he said something else.

Wrong answer in my book.

I think Trump was commenting on her lack of presidential bearing or leadership qualities more than her appearance. The media went lowball and Fiorina took the bait. For the record, most of what is reported Trump says he never says. That bimbo comment wasn't even his own words....it was one of the people following him on Twitter that said it.
Dude, he didn't even deny it. He backtracked and said she was beautiful, It's what he does, he talks smack and when he gets called on it he pretends he said something else.
I don't see why being honest is such a problem

She looks like a bitch... .unelectable.

Funny thing is...she acted like one when he was complimentary towards her, so he pretty much brought the real Carli Fiorina out. You must have missed it. She said all women should be offended....total martyr complex syndrome on display. I expected to hear that horseshit from a Democrat. ...not a Republican.

People make fun of Trumps hair every day. Does he act like she did and pout? Nope....he fires back. Usually he gets the best of the exchange.

Last edited:

Wrong answer in my book.

Trumps 'compliment' was a sarcastic insult and meant that way.

Wrong answer in my book.

I don't see why being honest is such a problem

She looks like a bitch... .unelectable.

Funny thing is...she acted like one when he was complimentary towards her, so he pretty much brought the real Carli Fiorina out. You must have missed it. She said all women should be offended....total martyr complex syndrome on display. I expected to hear that horseshit from a Democrat. ...not a Republican.

People make fun of Trumps hair every day. Does he act like she did and pout? Nope....he fires back. Usually he gets the best of the exchange.
All women should be offended, men too. No man's face was an issue, she isn't running for Miss America. Saying she looks like a bitch means you have some pre-conceived notions about her. I don't know her except for the few snippets, the debate and the radio.

Trump fires back and that's good but not Fiorina? That's a double standard.

But if her looks makes her unelectable in your mind what does that say for Hillary?

Forum List

Back