My personal little nightmare scenario is playing out in real time.

Desperately searching for a silver lining for Trump's win in November, I was hoping that the Democratic party's deep nationwide debacle would force it to look inward and realize that its cynical commitment to Identity Politics played a significant role in its demise. Maybe the party would realize that it could do just fine electorally by stopping its obsession on splitting us into little grievance groups as part of their decades-long "divide and conquer" approach.

In short, I was hoping that Trump's shocking win would lead to a Reformation of the Democratic Party.

But I knew - and said here many times - that there was one (1) thing that could stop that from happening, and that would be if Trump screwed up so quickly and so completely and so badly that the Democrats would not have to go through a Reformation, that the Regressives who control the party would be able to just jump right back in the saddle in 2018/2020 and continue on with their crusade.

Well, so far, my little nightmare scenario - Trump screwing up bigly in office and the Regressives licking their chops - is playing out just as I feared.

Maybe I'll take up gardening, huh?

:spinner:
gosh - another trump sucks post.

you hate trump so badly everything he does you hate. if obama did it you'd at a MINIMUM give it a chance but since trump and your hate parade...

not even close.

so it's not whether trump is screwing up or not. in your eyes, he never had a chance so in your eyes, most people simply don't give a shit anymore cause no matter WHAT HE DOES, you'll make "trump sucks" posts so you can feel better about everything.

trump isn't doing everything right to be sure. but lately he is just on FIRE and you can tell by the meltdown CNN is under. this is a very personal war both sides are engaged in and all we can do is pop popcorn but when CNN slams trump it's just like you - business as usual driven by hate.

not a damn thing to do with how well is he or is not doing cause you'll never own up to those things.

see you next "Trump sucks" post and we can keep doing this dance.
Oh calm down.

You guys are incredibly sensitive about him.

Well, the problem for the GOP is if those guys get primaried by Trump supporters, the Trump supporters win, and Trump's numbers stay low - that's all a recipe for Democratic wins.
Then I guess, for a change... The Dems and I, are hoping for the same outcome...
Funny how politics works!

:laugh:
Indeed. The right is suffering the same dilemma as the left when it comes to party leadership. The people are fighting to take back control of their party's. Rather than being able to Lord over their constituents like to royal houses over their serfs; the people are fighting back, and telling the party's which direction to move.
Yeah, the career politicians can't be liking this very much. And of course, social media is a massive driving force behind it all.

I don't wanna get my hopes up, but maybe this could accelerate the creation of another major party or two.
Yeah. It does look like one of two things... The significant evolution of the existing parties, or the rise of some new ones altogether. I think it hinges on whether people can retake control of their parties, or not. If not... Look for both sides to suffer a mass exedous, and the rise of some new parties.
all we need is a middle class viable party and the other sides are in for some very long years. unfortunately they just trot out a pothead who can't even name a single leader of another country.

one of those 2 should have disqualified him from running and i don't give a shit what he smokes.

I do agree with that. The problem you have with that 'stuff' is, it is all meaningless. It is the complaints of whiners and proof you have been duped by the DNC media.

He didn't force a new law down our throats that causes great confusion and tumult...and uses the force of government to make us buy something...as the previous asshole did.
Y'know, I was in that business for nearly 20 years, I'm still involved on the periphery, and I know it inside & out. I'm not "duped" by anything, but I sure as hell see people on both ends of the spectrum who are.

Maybe he's doing better than I think, and that's fine. I'm not party over country. I hope he proves me wrong, I hope he kicks ass. It just doesn't look good to me right now.
He has done nothing that affects most Americans. He has only been in office a few months. He has Congress aligned against him. His own party is mostly against him. The entire elite media is against him. The entire Oligarch and Deep State is against him. This we can agree on.

There is not one policy he has enacted that these whiners point to, as reason to hate him. Not one. Don't you think that ought to be how we evaluate a president?
Since not much has happened yet, there's not much in terms of policy to evaluate.

But one thing that is perfectly reasonable and legitimate to evaluate is the behavior and demeanor of the President of the United States. And this has been like nothing we have ever seen. Not just one thing a few months ago and one thing last week. This has been an ongoing thing.

Again, you might say, "What behavior? I don't see anything unusual! And look at what Clinton did!" - and that's where I just punt.
You need to realize your post merely indicates you have been duped by the elite DNC media.

I am watching the Today Show right now. They are breathless in their condemnations of Trump...all over his speech of yesterday. That speech was a good speech. He said nothing in that speech that a logical person would consider outrageous.

Stop being a dupe for the elites.
Got it, thanks. Luckily I have you to keep me on the straight and narrow, because you could never be duped, plus you have The Truth on your side.
I know you are being facetious and that's okay.

It is clear to me there is an effort afoot to undo Trump, by very wealthy and powerful individuals. I don't much care for these individuals and consider them much more dangerous than Trump. While I find Trump lacking, his detractors are a thousand times worse.

Desperately searching for a silver lining for Trump's win in November, I was hoping that the Democratic party's deep nationwide debacle would force it to look inward and realize that its cynical commitment to Identity Politics played a significant role in its demise. Maybe the party would realize that it could do just fine electorally by stopping its obsession on splitting us into little grievance groups as part of their decades-long "divide and conquer" approach.

In short, I was hoping that Trump's shocking win would lead to a Reformation of the Democratic Party.

But I knew - and said here many times - that there was one (1) thing that could stop that from happening, and that would be if Trump screwed up so quickly and so completely and so badly that the Democrats would not have to go through a Reformation, that the Regressives who control the party would be able to just jump right back in the saddle in 2018/2020 and continue on with their crusade.

Well, so far, my little nightmare scenario - Trump screwing up bigly in office and the Regressives licking their chops - is playing out just as I feared.

you hate trump so badly everything he does you hate. if obama did it you'd at a MINIMUM give it a chance but since trump and your hate parade...

not even close.

so it's not whether trump is screwing up or not. in your eyes, he never had a chance so in your eyes, most people simply don't give a shit anymore cause no matter WHAT HE DOES, you'll make "trump sucks" posts so you can feel better about everything.

trump isn't doing everything right to be sure. but lately he is just on FIRE and you can tell by the meltdown CNN is under. this is a very personal war both sides are engaged in and all we can do is pop popcorn but when CNN slams trump it's just like you - business as usual driven by hate.

not a damn thing to do with how well is he or is not doing cause you'll never own up to those things.

Oh calm down.

oh shut up.

you guys are incredibly blind about him...

how well did that work for you?

and it has nothing to do with trump but the mindset of "wah, gimme what i want wah" that continues to go around. the beating he's taking right now because he said RIGHTFULLY SO both sides need to calm the fuck down is so illustrative of our world today.

we can hate and you can't. neener neener.

and that shit is done. this series of events is going to catapult people over the edge cause YOUR SIDE can't even admit your hate is just as bad as theirs.

Y'know, I was in that business for nearly 20 years, I'm still involved on the periphery, and I know it inside & out. I'm not "duped" by anything, but I sure as hell see people on both ends of the spectrum who are.

Maybe he's doing better than I think, and that's fine. I'm not party over country. I hope he proves me wrong, I hope he kicks ass. It just doesn't look good to me right now.
He has done nothing that affects most Americans. He has only been in office a few months. He has Congress aligned against him. His own party is mostly against him. The entire elite media is against him. The entire Oligarch and Deep State is against him. This we can agree on.

There is not one policy he has enacted that these whiners point to, as reason to hate him. Not one. Don't you think that ought to be how we evaluate a president?
Since not much has happened yet, there's not much in terms of policy to evaluate.

But one thing that is perfectly reasonable and legitimate to evaluate is the behavior and demeanor of the President of the United States. And this has been like nothing we have ever seen. Not just one thing a few months ago and one thing last week. This has been an ongoing thing.

Again, you might say, "What behavior? I don't see anything unusual! And look at what Clinton did!" - and that's where I just punt.
You need to realize your post merely indicates you have been duped by the elite DNC media.

I am watching the Today Show right now. They are breathless in their condemnations of Trump...all over his speech of yesterday. That speech was a good speech. He said nothing in that speech that a logical person would consider outrageous.

Stop being a dupe for the elites.
Got it, thanks. Luckily I have you to keep me on the straight and narrow, because you could never be duped, plus you have The Truth on your side.
I know you are being facetious and that's okay.

It is clear to me there is an effort afoot to undo Trump, by very wealthy and powerful individuals. I don't much care for these individuals and consider them much more dangerous than Trump. While I find Trump lacking, his detractors are a thousand times worse.
trump by nature is not the person i'd choose to lead into battle here. but given the childish mindset of the liberals, maybe a reverse of one of their own is what is needed to put this over the top and force a new direction. if we can at least do that then trump did something very good in his time in office.

You do realize that the criticism of those who already hated him; has as much value today, as it did in November, don't you?

Not really. Irrational hatred never has any value in fact. Look at the reactions here today. Trump could walk outside and say, it's a nice day. People would flood the internet with stories about how awful Trump is for ignoring all these problems and instead focusing on the weather.

Trump condemned the violence, and everyone from the Left rushed out to say he was actually encouraging the violence.

Now, a condidate from Georgia who is hoping to be the Democratic nominee for Governor is demanding that they tear the images of the old Confederates off of Stone Mountain. This insures that she will win the nomination, and will lose in a race that is not even close the Governorship.

May this year, almost 70% of the people oppose the destruction of the Confederate memorials. Now, how do you win with 70% of the people against you? Voters Oppose Removing Confederate Monuments - Rasmussen Reports™

Democrats won't take the Governors mansion, they won't take the house in Georgia, and they won't take the State Senate. Let's look nationally, a good chance that they could be reformed as Moderate instead of radical, is gone. They'll lose in 2018, and probably hand a second term to Trump. Instead of learning, they'll keep doubling down on the insanity after every loss. The problem they keep telling themselves is that we are not pure enough, not pure insanity enough.

Irrationality and insanity reigns in America today, thanks in part to a dishonest media.

Shhhh. Mommy and Daddy are talking.

not even close.

Oh calm down.

oh shut up.

and it has nothing to do with trump but the mindset of "wah, gimme what i want wah" that continues to go around. the beating he's taking right now because he said RIGHTFULLY SO both sides need to calm the fuck down is so illustrative of our world today.

and that shit is done. this series of events is going to catapult people over the edge cause YOUR SIDE can't even admit your hate is just as bad as theirs.
You wanted a bull in the china shop, you didn't care about his behavior, you didn't care about his temperament or his qualifications, you wanted things turned upside down, you got it.

You don't have to go drama queen if someone criticizes him. You should have seen it coming.

Sounds good, because your political acumen is hopeless.
Could be. I don't understand politics. It's like professional wrestling in wingtips for me, there's so much lying & bullshit going on that virtually none of it is credible. It's like it's all a big game and no one told me.
I don't watch news at night anymore because all it does is upset me before I go to bed.

not even close.

Oh calm down.

oh shut up.

CNN bitches about Trump's speech yesterday. They offer three mistakes he made.

1. Speech should have been made on Saturday.
2. He spoke first of the economy.
3. He didn't 'feel' like he should make additional comments.

That is the essence of ignorance, yet millions of Americans are buying into this absurdity.

3 mistakes Trump made in his 2nd Charlottesville speech - CNNPolitics

not even close.

Oh calm down.

oh shut up.

You wanted a bull in the china shop, you didn't care about his behavior, you didn't care about his temperament or his qualifications, you wanted things turned upside down, you got it.

You don't have to go drama queen if someone criticizes him. You should have seen it coming.
you mean there exists a conservative who did NOT see the left whine-parade coming?

we're fucking tired of it. trump pissing you off is like medicine to many. GOOD. the more you whine the happier they will be. he is there because of all the whining.

so keep it up.

Sounds good, because your political acumen is hopeless.
Could be. I don't understand politics. It's like professional wrestling in wingtips for me, there's so much lying & bullshit going on that virtually none of it is credible. It's like it's all a big game and no one told me.
I don't watch news at night anymore because all it does is upset me before I go to bed.
Yeah. The problem is now that politics is everywhere. Best to just read a freakin' book.

not even close.

Oh calm down.

oh shut up.

you mean there exists a conservative who did NOT see the left whine-parade coming?

we're fucking tired of it. trump pissing you off is like medicine to many. GOOD. the more you whine the happier they will be. he is there because of all the whining.

so keep it up.
Okie dokie!

not even close.

Oh calm down.

oh shut up.

CNN bitches about Trump's speech yesterday. They offer three mistakes he made.

1. Speech should have been made on Saturday.
2. He spoke first of the economy.
3. He didn't 'feel' like he should make additional comments.

That is the essence of ignorance, yet millions of Americans are buying into this absurdity.

3 mistakes Trump made in his 2nd Charlottesville speech - CNNPolitics
cause they hate trump so anything that takes him down a peg is wonderful to them.

they don't need honesty, they need to justify how much they hate someone.

kinda the same way for clinton really. just funny to see people flip sides like they do and then run around doing the exact same thing they spent the previous administration mocking the other side for doing.

not even close.

Oh calm down.

oh shut up.

What has Trump turned upside down?

You speak in riddles...be specific.

not even close.

Oh calm down.

oh shut up.

this coming from the drama queen calling other people drama queens. :) he's never going to be specific, just whine w/o mercy and then just say he deserves it cause...well cause.

trump and all.

not even close.

Oh calm down.

oh shut up.

Decorum, dignity, professionalism.

Isn't this what you guys wanted?

I don't know why we're still doing this. You're not going to agree with anything I say.

Forum List

Back