My Nikon D7000 arrived today!

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
Got it about an hour ago, checked to see that it worked and am charging the battery. It looks like new, as there is not a scratch on it! I also checked the shutter count and it's got less than 500 pictures taken with it, making it like new! I shot a few images at 3600 ISO and they are clear and sharp. So far so good. 379.00!

Got it about an hour ago, checked to see that it worked and am charging the battery. It looks like new, as there is not a scratch on it! I also checked the shutter count and it's got less than 500 pictures taken with it, making it like new! I shot a few images at 3600 ISO and they are clear and sharp. So far so good. 379.00!
Who did you buy it from?
I used to buy from B&H in NY but they got crappy all of a sudden. Ordered a lens and it’s packaged so poorly flopping around in there I refused it - twice. And lame excuses each time. Won’t do business with them again.

• Banned
Who did you buy it from?
I used to buy from B&H in NY but they got crappy all of a sudden. Ordered a lens and it’s packaged so poorly flopping around in there I refused it - twice. And lame excuses each time. Won’t do business with them again.
I bought a camera from B&H and it was good, but I called about a question i had and they were total assholes! No more with them.

I got this from keh camera. keh.com. And they are going to buy my old stuff so it will just about pay for this one! I could maybe find a local buyer and get more what it's worth but it's a small town, I'd just as soon trade to them.

I'm selling them my D90 body, a D3300 body and a 50mm prime lens, all well used for around 375.00.

• Banned
I finally am starting to figure it out! It took a while because it is a lot more complex than my D90. I was having trouble figuring out the focus points and I thought there was something wrong with the camera but no, I looked online and found how to set it, and what controls you use. The images are much more clear and detailed than i expected. After setting it, here is one from this morning.

pole.jpg

I need to buy my other half a good digital camera but I need an entire kit with everything And it needs to be professional. She's a producer and does all kinds of stuff plus photography and editing and things. She wants to start doing man on the street interviews and things like that. And I have no idea what I'm doing.

I finally am starting to figure it out! It took a while because it is a lot more complex than my D90. I was having trouble figuring out the focus points and I thought there was something wrong with the camera but no, I looked online and found how to set it, and what controls you use. The images are much more clear and detailed than i expected. After setting it, here is one from this morning.

View attachment 158175
Did you keep your old camera?

• Banned

View attachment 158175
Yes, I have a D90 body and a D3000 body I want to sell. Both take HD video and the D90 has a grip power supply and two batteries.

View attachment 158175
Yes, I have a D90 body and a D3000 body I want to sell. Both take HD video and the D90 has a grip power supply and two batteries.
Keep a second camera. Wife was in Cambodia and a lens wire broke rendering the camera inoperable. Fortunately a friend there had a backup lens for her. For trips we always take 2 cameras now.

• Banned

View attachment 158175
Keep a second camera. Wife was in Cambodia and a lens wire broke rendering the camera inoperable. Fortunately a friend there had a backup lens for her. For trips we always take 2 cameras now.
I'm going to keep the D40. The reason I picked it over the D3300 is they won't give but about 50 dollars for a used D40, and it has a 1/500th of a second flash sync speed. It works great, and while it's only 6 megapixels, it still takes good pictures.

Forum List

Back