Red Sox Shortstop to Padres

Yep. Further proof that there is no point in watching or even paying attention to the Red Sox in the near future. I’m almost interested in watching the Fan Q&A at their “Winter Weekend” event in January. THAT should be interesting to watch.,

Yep. Further proof that there is no point in watching or even paying attention to the Red Sox in the near future. I’m almost interested in watching the Fan Q&A at their “Winter Weekend” event in January. THAT should be interesting to watch.,
Red Sox fan, I take it. I thought maybe Xander was headed to the Dodgers. Looks like the Padres are on the come up.

Red Sox fan, I take it. I thought maybe Xander was headed to the Dodgers. Looks like the Padres are on the come up.
I grew up a Red Sox fan. My 12 year old self cried for two hours after game 6 in 1986. I was devastated in 2003, crushed then ecstatic in 2004 and become more of a “follower” than a fan in recent years with the changes in management and ownership. I think I watched half a dozen games all year in 2022.

If they ever drag their heads out of their collective asses, maybe I’ll pay serious attention again. Until then, they are what they’ve made themselves. Nothing more.

I can watch better and more competitive players wear the colors in Worcester for far less money.,

I grew up a Red Sox fan. My 12 year old self cried for two hours after game 6 in 1986. I was devastated in 2003, crushed then ecstatic in 2004 and become more of a “follower” than a fan in recent years with the changes in management and ownership. I think I watched half a dozen games all year in 2022.

If they ever drag their heads out of their collective asses, maybe I’ll pay serious attention again. Until then, they are what they’ve made themselves. Nothing more.

I can watch better and more competitive players wear the colors in Worcester for far less money.,
Woo Sox. I want to see AAA ball, too. The River Cats (Giants) in Sac and possibly the Fresno Grizzlies single A (Nationals)

Last edited:
1670536234235.png

Ownership has got to stop fucking around with soccer and out of town hockey teams and shit, and get their eye back on the ball.

Woo Sox. I want to see AAA ball, too. The River Cats (Giants) in Sac and possibly the Fresno Grizzlies single A (Nationals)
Minor league baseball and hockey is a great product. It’s often a far superior value to a MLB or NHL experience.

Xander Bogaerts signs 11 year deal with the Padres for $280M

Such a deal.

Horrible deal. On par with Giancarlo Stanton ($29 million/year to hit .255 for the Yankees) or Jacoby Ellsbury (hurt and paid over $40,000,000 over 3 years to NOT play, after 4 years of overpriced mediocrity) as millstone contracts. The Padres are committed to pay $51 million to a 40+ year old SHORTSTOP. If Xander plays well for more than half the contract, I'd be stunned.

Horrible deal. On par with Giancarlo Stanton ($29 million/year to hit .255 for the Yankees) or Jacoby Ellsbury (hurt and paid over $40,000,000 over 3 years to NOT play, after 4 years of overpriced mediocrity) as millstone contracts. The Padres are committed to pay $51 million to a 40+ year old SHORTSTOP. If Xander plays well for more than half the contract, I'd be stunned.
Marquee free agent players are being snatched up. Whether or not they make a difference, the front office writes the checks.
Now it's all about trades.

Forum List

Back