My kind of music

I got my Ibanez ALT30 today- a day earlier than scheduled- but, it's been in Houston since Friday :oops:

It's not what I had hoped for, sound wise, but it does play easier with 10-47 stings and a low action, so I'm not complaining, except that now I have to get an amp and future purchases will have to be made with that in mind.

Those crooners sound like tonedeaf lovesick dying mules.
You look like a complete idiot.

I don't suppose it ever occurred to you that one man's trash is another man's treasure.

Arrogant jerks such as yourself are what's wrong with this world. You think your shit don't stink yet your odor can be detected from 10 miles away.

I got my Ibanez ALT30 today- a day earlier than scheduled- but, it's been in Houston since Friday :oops:

It's not what I had hoped for, sound wise, but it does play easier with 10-47 stings and a low action, so I'm not complaining, except that now I have to get an amp and future purchases will have to be made with that in mind.
I just got an amp too. I got a Roland cube street but I sent it back because those tiny little 6 1/2" speakers just didn't cut it. I'm not after volume but it just didn't sound right. I swapped it for a Boss Katana 50 MK2 which gets rave reviews. The trouble is most of the reviews are from metal heads who like distortion. Fortunately this amp has a clean setting which is more my cup of tea. I do like some effects but I don't dig distortion at all. It also has an acoustic setting for electro acoustic guitars but I don't know if it would suit your tastes. The way gear sounds is a very subjective thing. Good luck finding something you like out there in that sea of distortion and world of metal heads. BTW the cube street had a mic input too so it may be up your alley. They have a model with larger 8" speakers and 50 watts instead of 5 but it was a lot more money.
I mention it just so you know because I remembered that you sing and play. Don't wanna contribute to another case of GAS or anything.

Ouch! 500 bucks is way more than I'm gonna spend.
I've been looking at the Blackstar mini amp (they vary in price from 40 to 80 bucks and the demo's I've heard on you tube they sound like I need to hear one in person- LOL. Not bad mind you, just makes me want to hear one)- the place I'm taking my fender for bridge regluing has them so I hope I can hear one before I buy it.
The reviews are all good and one even said it's perfect for an apt which is what I live in. I don't want to blow out neighbor windows or scare cats and dogs. I just want more directed sound and I can put as mini amp anywhere any direction- it's three watts which seems about right to just let me hear the guitar in a position other than sitting on top of it. My iPhone doesn't pick it up real well since the mic is turned to the side when I use the video mode to record.

I too am looking for *pure* or clean sound. I'm not up to speed on nomenclature of amps, except I know what distortion means- LOL

Ouch! 500 bucks is way more than I'm gonna spend.
I've been looking at the Blackstar mini amp (they vary in price from 40 to 80 bucks and the demo's I've heard on you tube they sound like I need to hear one in person- LOL. Not bad mind you, just makes me want to hear one)- the place I'm taking my fender for bridge regluing has them so I hope I can hear one before I buy it.
The reviews are all good and one even said it's perfect for an apt which is what I live in. I don't want to blow out neighbor windows or scare cats and dogs. I just want more directed sound and I can put as mini amp anywhere any direction- it's three watts which seems about right to just let me hear the guitar in a position other than sitting on top of it. My iPhone doesn't pick it up real well since the mic is turned to the side when I use the video mode to record.

I too am looking for *pure* or clean sound. I'm not up to speed on nomenclature of amps, except I know what distortion means- LOL
Yeah I do too. Distortion sounds like shit to my ears. Just one of the reasons I'm no tube boob and prefer good well designed solid state amps.
Talk about raising hackles in the guitar community. Pissing on their beloved toobs is sacrilege but I'm a retired EE so I know what's what about electronics. Hell I know what tubes are, I cut my teeth on TOOBS and was happy to leave the damned things behind. LOL You not only save money you get to save your ears too.

Ok- looked up boss katana- 229 bucks. I hope I don't have to spend that much.

Well with all the money you were spending on guitars I didn't figure you for cheaping out on an amp. LOL I doesn't matter how good an expensive guitar sounds if the amp makes it sound like shit ya know.
I'm not sure a Katana is right for you anyway. It has a lot of effects n shit and no mic input. The Cube Street thing a ma jigs have both guitar and mic inputs. They're also battery powered so you can go out on the street and earn the money to pay for the damned thing. LOL Yeah they got some efx too. They can make you sound like you're playing in the bottom of a barrel or off in a canyon somewhere.

I liked this when it came out

I like almost every genre of music, except for country and opera.

And this is a perfect example of why I don't like the former.

I tolerate most country and even like a lot of it. I don't care for much opera either but have a friend that sings for the San Franciso Opera as a tenor and my ex wife was a coloratura soprano, a really high pitched screacher. The shit I just can't stand is heavy metal and rap crap.

Well with all the money you were spending on guitars I didn't figure you for cheaping out on an amp
I have 3. 700-800 bucks max, including a bone saddle and brass pins, until I get the bill for the repair for the one I'm taking to be fixed today. Quantity over alleged quality. Alleged being key.
Two acoustic one electric acoustic. They each have their own personality, kind of like people, and pets.
I wouldn't spend a lot on a guitar even if I won the lottery. They're like cars; unless you luck out and get a really rare one, the value starts to decline the minute you take possession of it.

I bought 1 (one) 1911 45 for nearly 700 bucks after the uncle shams got their cut of the price- LOL
I want a Super 38, on a 1911 frame, but the waiting list is long unless you want to spend a lot of money and I don't.

Any future purchases only *may* require an amp, the exception being a Fender Malibu player that I won't buy until I get over my pissedoffidness at Fender. An Alvarez can be bought with or without electronics. But, if I can find a decent sounding amp that costs less than a guitar I *might* buy an Alvarez with electronics.

I found a Behrenger yesterday on reverb.com that I'm looking at now.

Appreciate the chat though!

Edit to add: I belong to an acoustic guitar message board and there is chat about toobs/tubes vs circuit board amps. I don't get it. What I remember about tubes is they're not very reliable (old TV's and radios come to mind) while circuit boards are more reliable and less expensive and since tubes burn out they are higher maintenance. That makes no sense to a utilitarian, which is what I am.
I know 4 things about electricity.
1. It makes lights
2. It makes coffee
3. It can make you dead
4. Call somebody that knows what they're doing- LOL

Last edited:
Well with all the money you were spending on guitars I didn't figure you for cheaping out on an amp
I have 3. 700 bucks total, including a bone saddle and brass pins, until I get the bill for the repair for the one I'm taking to be fixed today.
Two acoustic one electric acoustic. They each have their own personality, kind of like people, and pets.
I wouldn't spend a lot on a guitar even if I won the lottery. They're like cars; unless you luck out and get a really rare one, the value starts to decline the minute you take possession of it.

I bought 1 (one) 1911 45 for nearly 700 bucks after the uncle shams got their cut of the price- LOL
I want a Super 38, on a 1911 frame, but the waiting list is long unless you want to spend a lot of money and I don't.

Any future purchases only *may* require an amp, the exception being a Fender Malibu player that I won't buy until I get over my pissedoffidness at Fender. An Alvarez can be bought with or without electronics. But, if I can find a decent sounding amp that costs less than a guitar I *might* buy an Alvarez with electronics.

I found a Behrenger yesterday on reverb.com that I'm looking at now.

Appreciate the chat though!

You might also try pawn shops and the like. There are a lot of starving musician out there and they'd rather eat than have a lot of extra gear laying around. Especially in tough times like now.

You might also try pawn shops and the like. There are a lot of starving musician out there and they'd rather eat than have a lot of extra gear laying around. Especially in tough times like now.
I have my youngest son looking at facebook market place- and I will look at pawn shops too!

Forum List

Back