My heart goes out to this former Chili's waitress.

JOSweetHeart

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2012
East Tennessee
Go here for the story. To me, the only thing that she did wrong was not get the manager involved sooner. When the people ignored her when she said that the place was minutes away from closing, right then is when she should've gotten her boss. If anything, the person in charge is who should be the person that handles anyone who walks in at the last minute.

God bless you and the girl always!!!

Holly

P.S. Also, when calling the law was decided, it should've been done right after getting the license plate information.

Go here for the story. To me, the only thing that she did wrong was not get the manager involved sooner. When the people ignored her when she said that the place was minutes away from closing, right then is when she should've gotten her boss. If anything, the person in charge is who should be the person that handles anyone who walks in at the last minute.

Holly

P.S. Also, when calling the law was decided, it should've been done right after getting the license plate information.
Some people need to get a life.

Holly

I feel for this young lady but she doesn't realize the power that she has. When you are a server you control the whole evening. One guy I worked with put it best, he stood in front of a party of about 12 and said, this can be the most memorable dinner of your life, good or bad, and it is all in my hands.

If it was me, in this situation, the guests wouldn't have got jackshit. Don't respect me, you get nothing. I would have refused the entree order and sent them on their way. I have had my share of late night stragglers.

It is New Year's eve. My sister is performing live at a local bar and I have been working a monster section at a white tablecloth restaurant since 11 AM, it is approaching midnight and we are about to close. A ten top party sits at my big roundtop. I start taking drink orders. Halfway through the first person that ordered interrupted me and asked where her drink was. I looked at her icily and told her that she would get her drink when everyone else got theirs. Oh she was livid and told me that her frustration would be reflected in my tip. I bent over, but my hands on the table and looked her straight in the face. I told her, "Look, I have been busting my ass for more than 12 hours and I was pretty sure that I had made more money today than she makes in two damn weeks. I told her she could shove that tip right up her ass." It was the right play. Sure, she stiffed me, but the other nine hooked me the hell up.

^^^ I agree that the server controls the whole evening, but with the help of the person in charge when their presence is necessary and because of how inconsiderate them people went out of their way to be, the boss's presence was necessary.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back