My guitar wants to kill your momma

Right now it's an Italian guy named Marco Sfogli, because of his continuity and unique phrasing. His tone always seems perfect and soloing never disappoints. Whether he's playing slow or fast, it's always super-clean and there's always a surprise coming.

First time I heard him was his work on James Labrie's (Dream Theater) first solo album.....here's a clip from that...

With his prog metal band Icefish;

Last edited:
Well, they DO call it an axe, don't they?

My favorite has always been Steve Howe, though. I still get eargasms listening to his guitar work on Gates of Delerium.

He really set the stage for Joe Satriani, Jason Becker and Vinnie Moore & all those guys- all the instrumental performers ....him and Zappa I guess.Blow by blow and Wired ....the live with Jan Hammer one ...isn't he touring with the female bass player still ?

(Or you can go back to Joe Pass, Chet Atkins Django)

Last edited:
Jeff Beck's bass player for awhile---Tal Wilkenfield
1641055665773.png

Last edited:
He really set the stage for Joe Satriani, Jason Becker and Vinnie Moore & all those guys- all the instrumental performers ....him and Zappa I guess.Blow by blow and Wired ....the live with Jan Hammer one ...isn't he touring with the female bass player still ?

(Or you can go back to Joe Pass, Chet Atkins Django)
Tal Wilkenfeld!!! Vinny Colaiuta on drums!!

Forum List

Back