My grass is a foot high in some places

When i mow them down, im going to send you a video of it and ruin your day!
1710534627763.png

Amazing, arn't they?

1710534726203.png

My grass is a foot high​

When you say a foot high , to whom were you referring ?

Had similar problem around the bird feeders where the danged squirrels knocked the bird seed to the ground. Already had to mow it.
View attachment 917555

The sunflower seeds from the bird feed aways sprouts in thse spots.

I get some really nice ones from those seeds. Some of em get around a half dozen large disks. And they get pretty tall, too.

And then the little North American gold finches come in and eat the seeds from em when they're ready.

The sunflower seeds from the bird feed aways sprouts in thse spots.

I get some really nice ones from those seeds. Some of em get around a half dozen large disks. And they get pretty tall, too.

And then the little North American gold finches come in and eat the seeds from em when they're ready.
Good to know a natural optimist.:thup:

You know how in the Spring, some of it grows really tall and in other spots it isn't ready to cut yet?

Well that's how it is.

The places where the dog peed all winter are really tall. I guess from all of the nitrogen.

So it's been in the 70s lately.

I'm gonna have to just go do it.

But then once you do it the first time, then you have to do it every week after that.

At the moment, the excuse I'm floating around is that I might need to change the spark plugs in the mowers. Ha...
US Open rough!

Unusually warm in central MN this year, considering we still had two feet of snow at this time last year. Lakes are officially ice free. Grass still dormant, but I am staring at a dozen Ash trees I need to remove over the next year. Ash Borers got them. Woodpeckers have finished them off. Every Ash tree in the area is dead within one season.

Gonna have to rent a cherry picker and do a lot of burning.

You know how in the Spring, some of it grows really tall and in other spots it isn't ready to cut yet?

Well that's how it is.

The places where the dog peed all winter are really tall. I guess from all of the nitrogen.

So it's been in the 70s lately.

I'm gonna have to just go do it.

But then once you do it the first time, then you have to do it every week after that.

At the moment, the excuse I'm floating around is that I might need to change the spark plugs in the mowers. Ha...
Holy Cow! I had no idea Spring was here already....even south of us.....March is just, so much a Winter month up here! All grey and brown and puddles of mud to avoid sloshing around in or banks of snow....the biggest snow storm Matt and I were ever in was March 31/April Fools where we got more than 4 feet, (that was in Massachusetts and not Maine though)

Matt won't have to have his first mow of the season, until the last week of April or first week of May....and it is just as you say, some areas hardly zip and others a foot tall!

Holy Cow! I had no idea Spring was here already....even south of us.....March is just, so much a Winter month up here! All grey and brown and puddles of mud to avoid sloshing around in or banks of snow....the biggest snow storm Matt and I were ever in was March 31/April Fools where we got more than 4 feet, (that was in Massachusetts and not Maine though)

Matt won't have to have his first mow of the season, until the last week of April or first week of May....and it is just as you say, some areas hardly zip and others a foot tall!

Heh heh. You guys may as well be Canadians. It's been in the 60s and 70s here for a couple of weeks already. Cherry blossoms are in full bloom. Apple and peach trees are starting to pop, too. They smell so good when the breeze catches em. I had some of the windows open to cross-ventilate and the scent came through all day.

Your time will come. Mighty deer whisperer...

Unusually warm in central MN this year, considering we still had two feet of snow at this time last year. Lakes are officially ice free. Grass still dormant, but I am staring at a dozen Ash trees I need to remove over the next year. Ash Borers got them. Woodpeckers have finished them off. Every Ash tree in the area is dead within one season.

Gonna have to rent a cherry picker and do a lot of burning.

Sounds like a lot of work. The quicker you get it done, the more time on the water...

Heh heh. You guys may as well be Canadians. It's been in the 60s and 70s here for a couple of weeks already. Cherry blossoms are in full bloom. Apple and peach trees are starting to pop, too. They smell so good when the breeze catches em. I had some of the windows open to cross-ventilate and the scent came through all day.

Your time will come. Mighty deer whisperer...
Up here, the third week in May, the week of my birthday, the wild plum and wild apple trees are in bloom and the smell is so sweet and just awesome from the blossoms!

Windows are open all summer long from May onward.... Closed only if there is a major heat wave, to turn on the air!

I just got done whispering to my little deer babies who just came by, and I gave them a bunch of apples as a treat! 😁

I had blue bonnets sprout up a few years ago in the front yard; I let them bloom and go to seed, just mow around them. They are slowly increasing. Hopefully they eventually take over the entire front yard and I won't have to mow as much.

I had blue bonnets sprout up a few years ago in the front yard; I let them bloom and go to seed, just mow around them. They are slowly increasing. Hopefully they eventually take over the entire front yard and I won't have to mow as much.
Holy crap! I didn't know blue bonnets were Lupine! We have fields and fields of Lupine up here, a little smaller flower than the bonnets!

I AM IN LOVE WITH THEM!

My husband can't shut me up, when driving around and another turn around a mountain or curved road and another field of lupine of which I scream, look at the lupines and how beautiful they are! He's like, "Alright already, enough!"

They come out in early June up here!

1710545781094.png

1710545597547.png

I had lupin all over the pace a few years ago. Once they went to seed, they would pop like popcorn when the rain hit em or whenever they got sprayed with the hose and the seeds would spread and then they'd sprout new plants.

Over time, though, the birds have thinned the seeds out to the point that they're gone.

I had the purple ones but think they come in pink, too.

I didn't know that blue bonnets were lupin either.

Holy crap! I didn't know blue bonnets were Lupine! We have fields and fields of Lupine up here, a little smaller flower than the bonnets!

I AM IN LOVE WITH THEM!

My husband can't shut me up, when driving around and another turn around a mountain or curved road and another field of lupine of which I scream, look at the lupines and how beautiful they are! He's like, "Alright already, enough!"

They come out in early June up here!

View attachment 917700

View attachment 917694

Mine are blooming now.

Lady Bird Johnson had wildflowers and blue bonnets seeds spread all over Texas on the highway right of ways.

bluebonnet-field-near-cattle-banner.png

The sinister and evul Lady Bird Johnson's filthy hands are all over the highway beautification programs.

I had lupin all over the pace a few years ago. Once they went to seed, they would pop like popcorn when the rain hit em or whenever they got sprayed with the hose and the seeds would spread and then they'd sprout new plants.

Over time, though, the birds have thinned the seeds out to the point that they're gone.

I had the purple ones but think they come in pink, too.

I didn't know that blue bonnets were lupin either.
Mostly purple up here, with an occasional pink, or white!

Mine are blooming now.

Lady Bird Johnson had wildflowers and blue bonnets seeds spread all over Texas on the highway right of ways.

bluebonnet-field-near-cattle-banner.png

The sinister and evul Lady Bird Johnson's filthy hands are all over the highway beautification programs.
She did a great job! 😁

Lupine were brought here by seed as well! They are not natural to Maine, but they sure like it here!

Forum List

Back