My grass is a foot high in some places

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
You know how in the Spring, some of it grows really tall and in other spots it isn't ready to cut yet?

Well that's how it is.

The places where the dog peed all winter are really tall. I guess from all of the nitrogen.

So it's been in the 70s lately.

I'm gonna have to just go do it.

But then once you do it the first time, then you have to do it every week after that.

At the moment, the excuse I'm floating around is that I might need to change the spark plugs in the mowers. Ha...

You know how in the Spring, some of it grows really tall and in other spots it isnlt ready to cut yet?

Well that's how it is.

The places where the dog peed all winter are really tall. I guess from all of the nitrogen.

But then once you do it the first time, then you have to do it every week after that.

At the moment, the excuse I'm floating around is that I might need to change the spark plugs in the mowers. Ha...
just noticed my side yard is about 10" and the rest of the 4 acres is still laying on the ground or just starting to lift,,,,

You know how in the Spring, some of it grows really tall and in other spots it isn't ready to cut yet?

Well that's how it is.

Grass grows. Go figure.

Well that's how it is.

YES!!!
Same here dammit!
Ugh!!

Well that's how it is.

Here, you can use a couple of my husband's excuses:
Flat tire
dead battery
looks like rain
I have a headache

My grass isn't tall yet, but the wild onion clumps are. I've been digging them out.

I tried lawn fertilizer once. Afterwards, I had to run around and use a machete to keep the grass from coming in through the windows, and one of the cats went missing. Never again.

We converted to xeriscape a few years ago. Maintaining grass in Las Vegas is a major pain in the ass.
We are getting there in Austin. I keep the weeds in back cut in spring/summer because in Houston if you let the grass grow to six inches there would be a water moccasin in it...

The only thing sweeter than that would be a cocker spaniel puppy. ❤️
or one of these:
1710531787214.jpeg

Funniest dog I have ever had...

Last edited:

Well that's how it is.

Had similar problem around the bird feeders where the danged squirrels knocked the bird seed to the ground. Already had to mow it.
1710531934383.jpeg

Forum List

Back