My favorite pets were...

...Barney which was a short eared owl, & Neuman( BIG mutt all white goat) plus Pandora an all black Pygmy goat(never penned them up as they just roamed the acreage but slept in the garage on dog beds). Barney had been scatter gunned in his left wing & would have died if I had not apprehended him. I took him to a vet which informed me he could never again fly. I took him home & it took about a week & the little guy was completly @ home with us. I built a simple perch for him which I placed on the mantle which was over the fireplace in the frontroom. I built another perch & put it in on the shelf of the window behind the bar in the basement, & also another perch in the laundry room in the basement.
We'd feed Barney chicken necks & gizzards as well as live mice. We as a family played a LOT of canasta at both the kitchen & dining room tables so one of my sisters constructed a portable perch about table high so Barney could watch the activity. After a while Barney would push off the perch & land on the table a few inches away then cruise from one to the other of us wanting to play with us. We'd play 'touch the talons' with a finger & Barney would do a little dance which we new that meant he wanted his mask stroked. Too much else to list here but I can tell you this, if I had the chance to find another damaged short eared owl I'd have em to the vet & back home in short order & be the happiest man alive!
My white maltese Bernie exhausted from humping Maddie. Bruno watching.View attachment 415917
With an audience.
View attachment 415918
That would make a pretty interesting 'mix'!

View attachment 415731

Davey Crockett- got him as Christmas gift from my youngest son in 2012- we are a perfect pair- he doesn't bother me unless he wants to and I don't bother him unless he wants me too- I gave him an Indian name as they had the tradition of giving a name for actions (other than birth name)- Davey is; Inmywayunderfoot- knot head, knuckle head, shit head, ratchet jaw, damnit Davey, sleepsalot, sugar cat-

We have a nightly routine, after I finish reading in bed when he decides it's time for us to bother each other- he's the only cat I've ever even heard of who knows what "give me some sugar" means- sometimes he does-LOL

My oldest son had a Pit Bull named Paxton who was with us for almost 11 years- he was a better person than most people I've known. We had to have him put down when he got cancer in his shoulder- I laid on the vets floor with him, breathing his breath and him mine as he passed on- I cried like a baby- he was my first grandson- my son built him a casket and buried him on land he is going to inherit from his mom-
I just got a pit bull puppy. I had no idea how charming and intelligent they are. This one has a love affair with homemade food. Yesterday I made enough chicken salad for a week. After making a chicken salad sandwich lunch, I left the kitchen momentarily, heard a swish sound and went to complete clearing the table, and Reddy had jumped up on the table, eaten the three quarts of leftover chicken salad and hopped down without breaking the clear glass bowl in a matter of around 60 seconds. I couldn't believe how he pulled that one off, but the little rascal's tummy was distended when I got there. How could I discipline such a larceny, when it was a good and tasty salad? Lolol!
Well it was all in GOOD TASTE!
Yup. He grew 3 more inches in height and length overnight. He seems to be in some kind of a growth spurt without looking very roly-poly. But he has to eat when he's not patrolling fence on 14.1 acres, playing faux bite boxing with Shorty the 2 year old Chaweenie or annoying Ms. Victoria the bulldog or Ms. Piccolo, her royal catness.
:auiqs.jpg: :lmao::rolleyes-41:

View attachment 415731

Davey Crockett- got him as Christmas gift from my youngest son in 2012- we are a perfect pair- he doesn't bother me unless he wants to and I don't bother him unless he wants me too- I gave him an Indian name as they had the tradition of giving a name for actions (other than birth name)- Davey is; Inmywayunderfoot- knot head, knuckle head, shit head, ratchet jaw, damnit Davey, sleepsalot, sugar cat-

We have a nightly routine, after I finish reading in bed when he decides it's time for us to bother each other- he's the only cat I've ever even heard of who knows what "give me some sugar" means- sometimes he does-LOL

My oldest son had a Pit Bull named Paxton who was with us for almost 11 years- he was a better person than most people I've known. We had to have him put down when he got cancer in his shoulder- I laid on the vets floor with him, breathing his breath and him mine as he passed on- I cried like a baby- he was my first grandson- my son built him a casket and buried him on land he is going to inherit from his mom-
I just got a pit bull puppy. I had no idea how charming and intelligent they are. This one has a love affair with homemade food. Yesterday I made enough chicken salad for a week. After making a chicken salad sandwich lunch, I left the kitchen momentarily, heard a swish sound and went to complete clearing the table, and Reddy had jumped up on the table, eaten the three quarts of leftover chicken salad and hopped down without breaking the clear glass bowl in a matter of around 60 seconds. I couldn't believe how he pulled that one off, but the little rascal's tummy was distended when I got there. How could I discipline such a larceny, when it was a good and tasty salad? Lolol!
Well it was all in GOOD TASTE!
Yup. He grew 3 more inches in height and length overnight. He seems to be in some kind of a growth spurt without looking very roly-poly. But he has to eat when he's not patrolling fence on 14.1 acres, playing faux bite boxing with Shorty the 2 year old Chaweenie or annoying Ms. Victoria the bulldog or Ms. Piccolo, her royal catness.
:auiqs.jpg: :lmao::rolleyes-41:
@ Beautress; I REALLY APPRECIATE your words of wit in BLUE!!!!

Forum List

Back