My dog died. I am heartbroken

For everyone who's had to put a doggie down. This was written by his Dad from his dog's perspective as a way to process his grief. It has been shared hundreds of thousands of times and translated into multiple languages. Have a few tissues handy 💌

The Wife and I are on our third pair of Boxers,we always get em in pairs so they have someone to play with.
And while I still miss the four up on the mantle we cant imagine going without our Boxers.

The only thing that suck and reminds you of the time you have left on earth is Dogs.
Or current two are around 3 years old and the Wife and I are in our mid 50's which means our current 4 legged friends will most likely pass when we're in our 60's,and the thought of raising two Boxer pups at that age is daunting,and then you still have 8 to 10 years of raising them so we'll be in our 70's.
At that point it may be time to go strictly with rescue Boxers.

The only thing that suck and reminds you of the time you have left on earth is Dogs.
Or current two are around 3 years old and the Wife and I are in our mid 50's which means our current 4 legged friends will most likely pass when we're in our 60's,and the thought of raising two Boxer pups at that age is daunting,and then you still have 8 to 10 years of raising them so we'll be in our 70's.
At that point it may be time to go strictly with rescue Boxers.
I have a 20 year old cockatiel who will may outlive me. :)

Lovebears65

cdba2451a7d18719dcf55f33f9e2feec.gif

My Oliver who was only 8 years old had to be put to sleep because the emergency vet I took him to ,told me he was stable. I rushed him to my normal vet . He just was diagnosed with diabetes. In the emergency vet he was there for two days first day he did great. the second day he was still doing ok they told me I could go pick him up. When I got him he could not walk , he was drooling and foaming from the mouth. there was NO way I was taking him back to that emergency vet . when I got him to my regular vet his blood sugar was well over 600 . The emergency vet said it was 188. I am so mad and heartbroken. My reg vet said they could try giving him shots of insulin but she felt he had other issues his liver enzymes where in the thousands, something the emergency vet said nothing about . I looked my regular vet in the face if this was your dog what is his chances if we try the insulin. She said not very good . So we had to make the hard choice to put my best boy down. I brought his ashes home Friday which just made it so much harder. I have had many dogs in the past , but Oliver was special since day one . He was the one who got me through my brother's suicide . He was funny, smart beautiful and NOW GONE .... Thanks for letting me vent Oliver aka Ollie Bear April 6 2013 to Nov 1 2021
So sorry to hear this.......

There are a lot of bad vets out there---it is impossible to avoid them. You did all you could.

Sounds like Oliver knew that he was loved and had a happy life with you.

My Oliver who was only 8 years old had to be put to sleep because the emergency vet I took him to ,told me he was stable. I rushed him to my normal vet . He just was diagnosed with diabetes. In the emergency vet he was there for two days first day he did great. the second day he was still doing ok they told me I could go pick him up. When I got him he could not walk , he was drooling and foaming from the mouth. there was NO way I was taking him back to that emergency vet . when I got him to my regular vet his blood sugar was well over 600 . The emergency vet said it was 188. I am so mad and heartbroken. My reg vet said they could try giving him shots of insulin but she felt he had other issues his liver enzymes where in the thousands, something the emergency vet said nothing about . I looked my regular vet in the face if this was your dog what is his chances if we try the insulin. She said not very good . So we had to make the hard choice to put my best boy down. I brought his ashes home Friday which just made it so much harder. I have had many dogs in the past , but Oliver was special since day one . He was the one who got me through my brother's suicide . He was funny, smart beautiful and NOW GONE .... Thanks for letting me vent Oliver aka Ollie Bear April 6 2013 to Nov 1 2021
So sorry, Lovebears. :huddle:

Forum List

Back