My corvettes!!

maybelooking

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2021
car3.jpg

vette.jpg

2000 twin turbo. 60k miles on it. Condition is amazing. Its an auto car making 550ish RWHP on 7lbs of boost. Theres more in it, but I like dependable cars I can get in anytime and just drive them. I dont like wrenching on them constantly because something broke.

1990 Hard top Vert with 13k miles on it. As stock as it gets. Just a cruiser. Im actually a little more fond of this car than I am the C5.

Future additions are a C6 ZR1 and a C6 427 vert. Those two will make my collection complete!!

View attachment 591500
View attachment 591501
2000 twin turbo. 60k miles on it. Condition is amazing. Its an auto car making 550ish RWHP on 7lbs of boost. Theres more in it, but I like dependable cars I can get in anytime and just drive them. I dont like wrenching on them constantly because something broke.

1990 Hard top Vert with 13k miles on it. As stock as it gets. Just a cruiser. Im actually a little more fond of this car than I am the C5.

Future additions are a C6 ZR1 and a C6 427 vert. Those two will make my collection complete!!
My buddy said, “for years I had a second car. Now that I’m retired I have no interest in a second car. Insurance, changing the oil, etc. I agree. I have a f150. How much would I pay a month to have a sports car? To me it would just be a second pain in the ass.

Im assuming you have so much money it’s nothing for you to have multiple cars?

My buddy said, “for years I had a second car. Now that I’m retired I have no interest in a second car. Insurance, changing the oil, etc. I agree. I have a f150. How much would I pay a month to have a sports car? To me it would just be a second pain in the ass.

Im far from wealthy. My wife and I have just been very good about being wise over the years and not having every thing we wanted! Im 51 and retired. She still works for FedEx.

Keep in mind the cars I have are 22 and 31 years old so we aren't talking about 60K vehicles here......not even 25K vehicles.

Maintenance on them isn't that big a deal when you put less than 2k miles a year on them. I have a 2001 ford ranger and a 2001 Toyota 4Runner for daily drivers. Again....really inexpensive vehicles to own.

If I were posting up pics of my 2019 ZR1 and my 2017 Z06 (cars I would love to own but do not) then you might have a reason to think I have a lot of money.

I have 2 pickup trucks. Kind of old and paid for. It's nice to have a spare to drive if I put one the shop.

I'm not one that enjoys working on autos, even if I know how to perform the repair.

Im far from wealthy. My wife and I have just been very good about being wise over the years and not having every thing we wanted! Im 51 and retired. She still works for FedEx.

Keep in mind the cars I have are 22 and 31 years old so we aren't talking about 60K vehicles here......not even 25K vehicles.

Maintenance on them isn't that big a deal when you put less than 2k miles a year on them. I have a 2001 ford ranger and a 2001 Toyota 4Runner for daily drivers. Again....really inexpensive vehicles to own.

If I were posting up pics of my 2019 ZR1 and my 2017 Z06 (cars I would love to own but do not) then you might have a reason to think I have a lot of money.
My brother has a sweet Jaguar. Gets compliments. I’m not a car guy I Don know the model but it’s a good one. And mint condition. He took it in to sell it back they offered him $12,000. If he said come buy it for $12,000 I might clean out my garage and buy it. And pay the insurance and maintenance on it to have a freakin Jaguar.

But it’s not cheap. What would insurance cost? I know maintenance isn’t cheap on those. So after while I’d get sick of all the bills for as little as I would use it.

If I was younger and went to clubs I’d for sure buy it.

View attachment 591500
View attachment 591501

I always think, i would like to collect some old cars...Then i see this..Makes me not to want to collect cars.. I will stick with collecting weapons...

My brother has a sweet Jaguar. Gets compliments. I’m not a car guy I Don know the model but it’s a good one. And mint condition. He took it in to sell it back they offered him $12,000. If he said come buy it for $12,000 I might clean out my garage and buy it. And pay the insurance and maintenance on it to have a freakin Jaguar.

But it’s not cheap. What would insurance cost? I know maintenance isn’t cheap on those. So after while I’d get sick of all the bills for as little as I would use it.
yeah when you start talking foreign stuff, its a whole other level on expense and costs.

I actually want a Ferrari 360 and I could afford one in the next 5 to 7 years. But I will stick with vettes because while I can afford the actual car, the maintenance on a Ferrari could eat me alive. Theres no Ferrari dealers where I live so Atlanta would be the nearest place for me to have it serviced or worked on. Just too much hassle.

Modern Corvettes (2006-20012 Z06 and ZR1......and the new C8) are really super cars IMO. All capable of 210+ mph......and cheap and easy to maintain and I can get them worked on locally if its something thats out of my wheel house mechanically.

yeah when you start talking foreign stuff, its a whole other level on expense and costs.

I actually want a Ferrari 360 and I could afford one in the next 5 to 7 years. But I will stick with vettes because while I can afford the actual car, the maintenance on a Ferrari could eat me alive. Theres no Ferrari dealers where I live so Atlanta would be the nearest place for me to have it serviced or worked on. Just too much hassle.

Modern Corvettes (2006-20012 Z06 and ZR1......and the new C8) are really super cars IMO. All capable of 210+ mph......and cheap and easy to maintain and I can get them worked on locally if its something thats out of my wheel house mechanically.
Someone brought one into our work. The new vet. Beautiful

Your insurance would be very cheap if you list it as a rarely driven second vehicle.
My truck insurance is very cheap for the same reason but from a different situation. It's a 2016 and I only have 11500 miles on it since I'm retired and I've been going through a bunch of surgeries lately.
But anyway,second vehicles are cheap to insure if they're rarely driven.

Love vettes. I prefer this version.

c12_0612_09z-1967_chevrolet_corvette_sting_ray-rear_side_view.jpg
no doubt. badass cars. absolutely stunning and beautiful.

what makes me not want one is that for the same money I can get one that has all the modern comforts, will blow it away in the power department, and I can get in it and drive it coast to coast in comfort.

If I bought the car pictured I would drive it very sparingly and would be scared to death someone would total it for me!! If my 2000 gets wrecked theres plenty out there to replace it with. The classics.....not so much.

but no doubt thats one of the most beautiful cars ever made!!!

View attachment 591500
View attachment 591501

I saw you post the C4 over on the vette forum last month when you picked it up.

no doubt. badass cars. absolutely stunning and beautiful.

what makes me not want one is that for the same money I can get one that has all the modern comforts, will blow it away in the power department, and I can get in it and drive it coast to coast in comfort.

If I bought the car pictured I would drive it very sparingly and would be scared to death someone would total it for me!! If my 2000 gets wrecked theres plenty out there to replace it with. The classics.....not so much.

but no doubt thats one of the most beautiful cars ever made!!!
All true, but the 1967 Vette with 427 4 speed is a great machine. While it won’t have the comfort or quickness of a modern sports car, it did have some very nice modern features. Fully independent suspension, four wheel disc brakes, AC, Telescopic steering wheel, power windows, leather, etc. It also offers a lot of headroom. Just the sound and look of the thing makes any auto enthusiast drool.

All true, but the 1967 Vette with 427 4 speed is a great machine. While it won’t have the comfort or quickness of a modern sports car, it did have some very nice modern features. Fully independent suspension, four wheel disc brakes, AC, Telescopic steering wheel, power windows, leather, etc. It also offers a lot of headroom. Just the sound and look of the thing makes any auto enthusiast drool.
absolutely no argument from me man.

its the PINNACLE of vettes for many enthusiasts and I wont argue that point either. My wife and I have really debated whether or not we want something from that era.....or something more modern when we finally get that "dream" vette after retirement.

And "if" I own one....it will be a big block car. IMO they shouldn't have even offered a small block.

I saw you post the C4 over on the vette forum last month when you picked it up.
It actually had a few issues I had to take care of. But its all good now. Any 30 year old car, even if it only has really low miles, is going to have some minor things to take care of.

The Bose Gold radio system had to have a few repairs. It works awesomely now and sounds amazing for a 30 year old set up.

The cruise didn't work. I diagnosed that and got it fixed

And the air bag light was on. Common on the 90 model. I researched it and fixed it as well.

Now the car is perfect.

Forum List

Back