My Collection

With all that powder laying around, you don't have a thunder mug?
Nope, no chamber pot in this house........ I have a modern bathroom. Eventually I'll be able to afford a toilet but at least I have the drain hole, that's a plus! :thup:

Here's my latest acquisition, a Pietta 1860 Army in .44 caliber. Got it for under $200.

G7A4c1r8EippYZOvT6Y63dsRghXFaqA9OhfVbJx8ax0GgLkRlFrnjWR7WvIQo_begTI3LuPswteoctihKFxAKMp9b-3_bQXkxBH9cPprnWPsvTNRAP6N90bFME4hTAnzVl_ijOACNk6fkMUIVzzAtzr7Kd1ZApTSIEQXRwZtPrnA8oxR1qPyvSOiutEqgEWwN0JWWnQc2DrS0tB4ZfrApvv9ZX6gC6R364pcZS8JSqncJGHBx9uAdd1sXziD9vzPQvDZVrne_o3P53Yrtiy5o0EBtZqcQ0vI3MKctBRjsczMYYYjAmundd0Pi-LOjmhSyt0gysv7iVcPorffXns3qnDPJQNivLSQcNbTVSCSzg8Xrd0ar_10yJ2dYxCv8uKlkviq1lVOKlH70SdoapukIEHFrZNkyfX6zuRIHxbBycQPbUdy7MkZnjnIAGhJY3MKOxXExq0CNH-Zw1ISpAoCEkDcQ-qs0hIoqWmxCtQuTfW5IEKDeAXBAECNo7q6BUxqNXqQH4j8tMzxefzJ2lUPVivtT4dUAQ_kFzfoRViB92hUnPgxwvBi4giU-a_fxMoBTp_WyCW2GmrxrWx_hn471W0z-SsmiQ_nRo4FVdISdsIUAp8D-JkK3CNKylGA3l_5-AHG7to0ajpNMOpM-2HLtreps4BzU9uf2MQi17bWKJvObIHGAMwiDjeVCpPa=w1246-h934-no

Picked up another super deal, everything for under $600. Indian made reproduction First Model 1724 Long Land Pattern Musket, (Brown Bess) with cartridge box, leather flint wallet, extra flints and a bunch of .78 caliber round ball. A brand new Indian made Brown Bess alone will set you back $700.
It's the beast on top.

BrownBess1.jpg

BrownBess2.jpg

BrownBess3.jpg

BrownBess4.jpg

BB Cartidge Box and Flint Wallet.jpg

My collection so far. Been busy building flinters and have received others as gifts or bought REALLY cheap.
This doesn't include the three kits I still haven't finished, another shooting bag and a three banded southern powder horn that's on the way.
View attachment 421969

View attachment 421971

Any desires to become a mountain man sorta fizzled out after watching "The Revenant."

Injuns and bears be scary.

Picked up another super deal, everything for under $600. Indian made reproduction First Model 1724 Long Land Pattern Musket, (Brown Bess) with cartridge box, leather flint wallet, extra flints and a bunch of .78 caliber round ball. A brand new Indian made Brown Bess alone will set you back $700.
It's the beast on top.

View attachment 446492

View attachment 446493

View attachment 446495

View attachment 446496

View attachment 446497

I actually picked up an authentic British Brown Bess musket at a garage sale five years ago, from some liberals, believe it or not. I asked them if they had any guns and they brought this out of the basement. I got it for $30 and flipped it for $500. It was in pretty bad shape though. The hammer was missing and the forearm had been shortened.

brown%20bess1.jpg

brown%20bess0.jpg

brown%20bess7.jpg

brown%20bess8.jpg

brown%20bess9d.jpg

brown%20bess9f.jpg

brown%20bess9h.jpg

brown%20bess9m.jpg

My collection so far. Been busy building flinters and have received others as gifts or bought REALLY cheap.
This doesn't include the three kits I still haven't finished, another shooting bag and a three banded southern powder horn that's on the way.
View attachment 421969

View attachment 421971

Any desires to become a mountain man sorta fizzled out after watching "The Revenant."

Injuns and bears be scary.
I don't play a mountain man, I do colonial and 1870s though I might toss together an early fur trade persona (not a mountain man). I watched the Revenant once, it wasn't bad but it was Hollywood....... I'm quite familiar with Hugh Glass's story.

Good deal!!! I want a Brown Bess but have to finish my Fusil de Chasse first. :)
I'd love a Model 1728 French Infantry Musket, the St. Etienne musket sometimes confused with the later Charleville.

iu

Loyalist Arms has em for $650. They claim the weight of each is approximately 10 pounds, I'd say they were off by at least 2 pounds......., on the heavy side........

The Bess is a beast, it's big, fairly heavy and almost as tall as I am, (I'm 5'7").

Good deal!!! I want a Brown Bess but have to finish my Fusil de Chasse first. :)
I'd love a Model 1728 French Infantry Musket, the St. Etienne musket sometimes confused with the later Charleville.

iu

Loyalist Arms has em for $650. They claim the weight of each is approximately 10 pounds, I'd say they were off by at least 2 pounds......., on the heavy side........

The Bess is a beast, it's big, fairly heavy and almost as tall as I am, (I'm 5'7").

That's a beautiful musket too, don't blame you. $650 pretty darn hard to pass up too!

Heavy is not a bad thing when all is considered. My M1 Garand is heavy but it's my choice regardless. I'm hot on finishing up the Fusil now. Still moving, take a few months to get a shop back up but I will.

iu

That's a beautiful musket too, don't blame you. $650 pretty darn hard to pass up too!

Heavy is not a bad thing when all is considered. My M1 Garand is heavy but it's my choice regardless. I'm hot on finishing up the Fusil now. Still moving, take a few months to get a shop back up but I will.
BTW, these muskets that Loyalist Arms sells are not kits, they're finished muskets.

It's the beast on top.

View attachment 446492

View attachment 446493

View attachment 446495

View attachment 446496

View attachment 446497

I actually picked up an authentic British Brown Bess musket at a garage sale five years ago, from some liberals, believe it or not. I asked them if they had any guns and they brought this out of the basement. I got it for $30 and flipped it for $500. It was in pretty bad shape though. The hammer was missing and the forearm had been shortened.

brown%20bess1.jpg

brown%20bess0.jpg

brown%20bess7.jpg

brown%20bess8.jpg

brown%20bess9d.jpg

brown%20bess9f.jpg

brown%20bess9h.jpg

brown%20bess9m.jpg
Looks like someone "sporterized" it in the 1800s when half stocks became popular. In the shape it's in it was probably a barn gun.

BTW, these muskets that Loyalist Arms sells are not kits, they're finished muskets.

That's a killer deal.
Maybe so but there's a lot of people who nay say them, even people who don't have a problem buying them claim the locks have to be tuned. That's kinda funny because every lock needs some slight tuning. The metal is all highly polished and due to the wood they use slightly more heavy than the Italian made ones. One of the things in their favor is their guns are direct copies of the originals down to the last screw. Sometimes I wonder if the Curry gun detractors just don't like the idea they come from India.

That's a killer deal.
Maybe so but there's a lot of people who nay say them, even people who don't have a problem buying them claim the locks have to be tuned. That's kinda funny because every lock needs some slight tuning. The metal is all highly polished and due to the wood they use slightly more heavy than the Italian made ones. One of the things in their favor is their guns are direct copies of the originals down to the last screw. Sometimes I wonder if the Curry gun detractors just don't like the idea they come from India.

India BP's have had an unfair rep. BTW watched an awesome movie on prime. "The Forgotten Army" was about the INA Indian National Army in ww2.

That's a killer deal.

India BP's have had an unfair rep. BTW watched an awesome movie on prime. "The Forgotten Army" was about the INA Indian National Army in ww2.
Yeah, saw that movie, excellent production.

BTW I found something to help with your front bolt through the ramrod hold problem that will let you keep the front bolt as it is. If you haven't inserted a threaded piece and cut the bolt already.
Ram rod extenders that are made specifically to address the front bolt issue that is all too common.

Callahan Bagmolds - Products Page 1

I'm on a traditional muzzleloader site jam packed with a huge number of highly knowledgeable people.

Interesting. I considered an extension too. Got a feeling the screw is not far into the channel. Still moving but then I get to work on it:)

Forum List

Back