My Cat Is Dying

That look tells me everything.

What a sweet baby!!!

All you can do is give tons of hugs, mega tons of love, and a universe of time.

1673656420463.jpeg

That's very sad to hear. I have four little graves in the back yard, marked with stones: Zada, Sabrina, Talulah, and Windy. My wife had Zada, Sabrina, and Talulah when we got married. Windy was just a kitten when I found her way up in a tree. I climbed up there and got her, and we took her in.

They seem to live for 10-12 years they succumb to feline diabetes. We currently have four cats: Rusty, who just showed up one day out of nowhere, Mattie, who was a little feral and we had to catch her in a live trap on the porch, Bodie, who a friend gave to us, and Max. I saw Max trying to cross an intersection by a Walmart before we got him. I tried to catch him but couldn't. A couple weeks later he was rescued and we adopted him. Rusty is the oldest and he's starting to show signs of diabetes.

Oh no , sorry to hear this. It's a tough one. Lost my Voodoo Cat to cat lukemia when she was only 4 yrs..
It's a natural instinct for them to hide their pain and injuries as well, so you have to watch the signs closely, as others here have mentioned... enjoy your time with her! you obviously have given her a great life!

So sorry to hear about your kitties guys, I was gone all weekend over at my fiancée's so that's why I'm just being able to log on now,.. but it seems like that there was a misunderstanding. We talked to the vet over the phone and the packet was really trying to say that the tumor could be cancerous or it might not be since it's rather difficult to tell the difference because both tumors look the same. So some things to look for are signs of lack of appetite and vomiting. Otherwise, she's on medication now to help the itching and to shrink the tumor. :)

So sorry to hear about your kitties guys, I was gone all weekend over at my fiancée's so that's why I'm just being able to log on now,.. but it seems like that there was a misunderstanding. We talked to the vet over the phone and the packet was really trying to say that the tumor could be cancerous or it might not be since it's rather difficult to tell the difference because both tumors look the same. So some things to look for are signs of lack of appetite and vomiting. Otherwise, she's on medication now to help the itching and to shrink the tumor. :)

well thats some hopeful news! good to hear.
However.... it does sound like you may have to choose between us or your fiancee? how long can you lead this secret life?

well thats some hopeful news! good to hear.
However.... it does sound like you may have to choose between us or your fiancee? how long can you lead this secret life?

Sorry, I had my phone and tablet but when I have an awful lot to write about I prefer my laptop lol I'm currently in the process of getting all caught up with threads though. :)

I just thought that I would start a new thread about this instead of trying to decide where to post this update since I've created a few threads about her, but we just heard from the vet that the cancer she has is irreversible as it's spread too far to do any surgery and chemotherapy would just make her extremely sick.

Right now she doesn't seem to be in pain though and is continuing enjoying living her life and she can eat, drink, and use the litterbox alright, but when the cancer gets too bad then she'll eventually wind up being euthanized. I currently don't know how long she's got, but I'm going to enjoy every minute that I have left with her. strollingbones, Coyote, you both have been keeping up with my updates about her the most, so I figured that I would tag you both so you would be aware about this.

View attachment 747125
Sincere condolences. Watching the decline of a long time pet is always difficult, because they truly are family.

Enjoy and cherish as much time as you can with her.

Sincere condolences. Watching the decline of a long time pet is always difficult. Enjoy and cherish as much time as you can with her.

Thanks, but I already updated this thread and the news isn't as scary as we once thought. :)

Forum List

Back