My cat got away

I did put a lot of cat food outside and water but there are others cats in the neighborhood so i don't know if she did eat and drink and i told my Neighbors about the fact that she is gone and to told me if they see her.

I'm so sorry. Is this the first time in 8 yrs that she has got outside?
Yes, she always stay Inside the house put this morning she run to the door i did not see her coming after that she was outside running away, i look for her and i was scare it's horrible.
Here in France it is 1.00 a.m but i will go put the liter box outside, thank you for your help, i hope she will come back, i miss her so much.
Hopefully she'll find her way back. Good Luck.

Bonsoir, my cat got to the door and got away and did not come back i look everywhere for her .
I put some foods and water at the door outside. but Nothing.
I am so sad...:crybaby:

Seems unusual for a cat to go away for too long. How long have you had the cat?
8 years,
my Pomponette a Norwegian.

100_0463-jpg.92129

Bonsoir, my cat got to the door and got away and did not come back i look everywhere for her .

8 years,

100_0463-jpg.92129

Walk about calling her name out in all the neighborhoods. She could be hiding in a bush somewhere.

8 years,

100_0463-jpg.92129

Walk about calling her name out in all the neighborhoods. She could be hiding in a bush somewhere.
Thank you, i did that all day but Nothing..i hope she will come home soon.

Dalia you must go outside and walk in ever increasing circles calling for your cat. He/she will hear and recognize your voice and come running to you.

The cat is surely lost by now and cannot find it's way back home. That's why you will need to go look. Unfortunately it is now after midnight in France and it will be dangerous for you and annoying to the neighbors if you go now.

So early in the morning just at dawn you should do so. The cat will be hungry then and more likely to come to your voice.

My cat is an indoor/outdoor cat. He sleeps indoors, but I take him for walks in the late evening. He knows his way back home now, so I also let him go out alone after the traffic and the dog-walkers have gone to bed.

Sometimes he is gone a long time, and that's when I go after him. I start by first making a circle around the building and call to him. Then I go to his favorite haunts. Then I make larger and larger circles. Eventually he hears me and comes running and follows me back home.

That's what you also need to do.

Be careful about being out alone at night. Night is a dangerous place for a woman or an unarmed man. I am always armed so I need not worry. But you should be careful.

8 years,

100_0463-jpg.92129
She's gorgeous! Calicos are the best cats ever! Is she spayed? Is she out looking for love? Cats are pretty smart. She'll come back if she's able.

How long has she been gone?
Since this morning.
. She'll be back or I hope she will.. Ours stayed gone a week more than once and came back. She might have found another food source.

Yes we had one gone for a week... Don't worry too much Dalia if she doesn't come right back home, she will..

Go out and call her throughout the day.

Last edited:
We moved from New York City to suburban New Jersey with our male cat, Mickey, whose only outdoor exposure was on an apartment terrace. For the first few weeks he would go out in the afternoon, hang out mainly in the back yard and come in before dark.

One day he didn't come back. We waited and worried but gave up ever seeing him again after several weeks. He finally came home one night but didn't look too good. After two weeks of progressively worsening condition he was diagnosed with FLV (Feline Leukemia Virus), which is a highly contagious, incurable cat killer disease.[/i]

Unfortunately we were never made aware of the need to have all outdoor cats inoculated against FLV. The vet told us our Mickey had responded to the call of the wild, which some cats are inclined to do even if they've been "fixed."

All cats who go outside should be vaccinated and should wear a flea collar or some other chemical protection against fleas and ticks.

How long has she been gone?
Since this morning.
. She'll be back or I hope she will.. Ours stayed gone a week more than once and came back. She might have found another food source.

Yes we had one gone for a week... Don't worry too much Dalia if she doesn't come right back home, she will..

Go out and call her throughout the day.

I agree for the most part.

Make sure you check in every nook and cranny around surrounding your home. They can hide in the weirdest places. Our cat Shadow has gotten out a few times but never wandered further than the bushes around the house. I hope she comes back soon, I know how it is when they do this. Putting the litter box out is a great idea. Hopefully the litter box has used litter in it. Good luck!

Your cat will be fine in the morning. She's just out being an alley cat. If she gets hungry she'll come home and appreciate being fed. She won't do it again for a long time. Cats like to hunt.

Course if she's not fixed......she may be looking to hook up.....and she'll be gone a few days.

Last edited:
Your cat will be fine in the morning. She's just out being an alley cat. If she gets hungry she'll come home and appreciate being fed. She won't do it again for a long time.

They don't always come home. Eric the Cat ran away when he was 12 and I never saw him again.

Your cat will be fine in the morning. She's just out being an alley cat. If she gets hungry she'll come home and appreciate being fed. She won't do it again for a long time.

They don't always come home. Eric the Cat ran away when he was 12 and I never saw him again.
This is why I never let my cats out. They can get run over.

not cats, you incarcerate. running over, you need not fear.

You must be wasted.

You must be wasted.
nope. i tried to emanate wisdom.

do not have a cat, if you cannot give it space.

You must be wasted.
nope. i tried to emanate wisdom.

do not have a cat, if you cannot give it space.
You're an idiot. Turning loose a cat is like signing it's death warrant.

Forum List

Back