My cat got away

It could be that your cat Dalia did not like the food or the apartment or being confined and so she left on her own and does not plan to come back.

You never know.

Cat's only come back if they are happy there.

My kitty is very happy but he needs some freedom too.

He has 2 feral girlfriends and he also likes to chase birds and field mice.
My pomponette was rotten spoiled, she had a paté a day and cat treats, she had two cat trees. And much love going from my part, she was happy.
Well then she should come back home.

If she is nursing kittens right now she can't come back.

She needs to care for the kittens.

Getting her spayed/neutered would be a good thing too.

All pets that are not going to be bred should be spayed/neutered.

It protects them from unwanted pregnancy.

Yes, your cat is obedient and used to go outside to get back to you at night, I find it nice and touching :). I did not intend to let her go outside. Why some people leave their cat Free outdoors and others prefer their cat inside?:dunno:
And it is said that indoor cats live older, is this true?
It all depends when you let the cat go outside.

I always go with my cat when it is early in the evening, at dusk.

And I don't let the cat out on his own until after 10 pm when most people are no longer walking their dogs and when most traffic is gone.

Then he always stays out for a while, plays with the feral cats including his 2 girlfriends, then comes back home after 2 to 4 hours. He is bigger and better fed than the feral cats are. So he is the alpha cat in the neighborhood.

It's funny how he always wakes me when he comes back around 2 a.m. to tell me he is back. Then I close the patio sliding screen door so he can't get out again later.

Daytime is when it is dangerous for cats. That's when monsters like dogs and juvenile boys and cars are all about.

Nighttime is fairly safe for cats. This is when they rule the roost.

If you keep a cat indoors all the time he/she will probably live longer but it would be a life of imprisonment for the cat.

It could be that your cat Dalia did not like the food or the apartment or being confined and so she left on her own and does not plan to come back.

You never know.

My pomponette was rotten spoiled, she had a paté a day and cat treats, she had two cat trees. And much love going from my part, she was happy.
All the more reason for her to return once she grows tired. My cats are spoiled rotten and stay on the property when we let them outside (only during the day - they have a 5 p.m. curfew). They usually lay around the patio. They also like walking around a waterfall I have out there that is in front of a rock garden / fish pond. They have their favorite trees by the patio. They don't venture very far. I have a wall of growing ivy vines that cover little clay caves they can go to if they feel like sitting incognito. It's a cat's paradise here.
You have a very nice property for your cat, my house is very beautiful also i guess I have a large space with plants and flowers no fish pond, fountains and patio for 20 people but unfortunately my cat never know about this environment before.
View attachment 137913
That is a beautiful garden you have there, Dalia! When your cat returns look into these little screened in cat rooms that can be easily constructed on your lawn. That would give her the outdoors without the risk of running away. They also have cat leashes that you could train her to walk around out there and relax. I knew of a woman who had trained her cat to use a cat leash and the cat was fine with it.
Thanks for the compliment, when my pomponette was small I tried to put her a collar and a leash to go outside she hated it , she did not want to be tied up.
Your garden is so lovely! You did a great job! I love it!

:(
She is very frightened, my neighbor saw her and he wanted to go take her to bring her home but she fled when he approached her, and after we never saw her again.:(
My cat would have run too.

The neighbor is an idiot. He/she should have come and got you right away instead.
Yes, it is true because since she fled, she was afraid of him. A friend of mine told me that her cat ran away also he left for two weeks and he came back she knew he was fighting with all the other cats in the neighborhood. He returned angry and not afraid of other animals. My pomponette is just the opposite.:(

You never know.

Well then she should come back home.

If she is nursing kittens right now she can't come back.

She needs to care for the kittens.

Getting her spayed/neutered would be a good thing too.

All pets that are not going to be bred should be spayed/neutered.

It protects them from unwanted pregnancy.
She was spayes/neutered when she was 6 months.

Yes, your cat is obedient and used to go outside to get back to you at night, I find it nice and touching :). I did not intend to let her go outside. Why some people leave their cat Free outdoors and others prefer their cat inside?:dunno:
And it is said that indoor cats live older, is this true?
It all depends when you let the cat go outside.

I always go with my cat when it is early in the evening, at dusk.

And I don't let the cat out on his own until after 10 pm when most people are no longer walking their dogs and when most traffic is gone.

Then he always stays out for a while, plays with the feral cats including his 2 girlfriends, then comes back home after 2 to 4 hours. He is bigger and better fed than the feral cats are. So he is the alpha cat in the neighborhood.

It's funny how he always wakes me when he comes back around 2 a.m. to tell me he is back. Then I close the patio sliding screen door so he can't get out again later.

Daytime is when it is dangerous for cats. That's when monsters like dogs and juvenile boys and cars are all about.

Nighttime is fairly safe for cats. This is when they rule the roost.

If you keep a cat indoors all the time he/she will probably live longer but it would be a life of imprisonment for the cat.
Your cat has two girlfriends. A casonava cat Lol ,yes cats live at night. She played much during the night and slept much during the day.
How hard it is unreal sometimes to no longer see her, it is like a mourning but not really mourning I always do after the death of my brother.

I just found this. Have a look! Scent is key in finding their way home! YOUR scent. Get anything with your scent on it and put it around the outside of your home, Dalia.
Can Cats Find Their Way Home?
Thank you so much i will leave outside some of my clothes. i hope she scent it and come back to me.
Make sure you use dirty laundry not clean.

Your undershirt ala camesol would be ideal because your underarms sweat the most.

The wind will carry this scent and if the wind is blowing towards your lost cat the cat can then smell its way back home.

Ok good !!

Then kittens cannot be a problem.

That means she is probably lost and searching for you.

I would keep looking then.

And since your cat looks so unique I would hang up fliers with a picture of her too.

Ok good !!

And since your cat looks so unique I would hang up fliers with a picture of her too.
Today i went look for her , In the rain, thunderstorms and no sign of her. i already did put flier around from the beginning maybe someone keeping her at there home ?
I know she is unique, she is very beautiful all the people found it beautiful it is even more beautiful than the picture she has a beautiful fur, she is round and very soft.

Ok good !!

Today i went look for her , In the rain, thunderstorms and no sign of her. i already did put flier around from the beginning maybe someone keeping her at there home ?
I know she is unique, she is very beautiful all the people found it beautiful it is even more beautiful than the picture she has a beautiful fur, she is round and very soft.
Being such a beautiful cat, and kinda unique as cats go ( I'm a calico lover myself...); I wouldn't be surprised if someone took her into their home. If so you should get pictures to your local vets, and tell them to be on the look out. I wish you had chipped her. Then... The first time she was taken to a vet; you'd be notified.

Don't give up! She may yet come home.

Ok good !!

Being such a beautiful cat, and kinda unique as cats go ( I'm a calico lover myself...); I wouldn't be surprised if someone took her into their home. If so you should get pictures to your local vets, and tell them to be on the look out. I wish you had chipped her. Then... The first time she was taken to a vet; you'd be notified.

Thank you you are really nice, but I went everywhere I was told that an old lady who lives near me (about 1 kilometer) feeds the lost cats this old lady owns a vineyard in France, i went there pomponette she is not there I'm resigned to the worst now, she will not come home anymore it's already almost 2 months, my heart is broken:(

There are 4 feral cats in my neighborhood:

- a long haired black male

- a long haired brown tabby male

- two long haired calico females.

Sadly I noticed the brown tabby lying beside the road this morning. So I went back for him with a shovel and plastic bag.

Here is my story of what happened next, taken from my draft manuscript storybook for children about cats:

The Sad Story of the Brown Tabby

Whenever you describe a cat anywhere in the world, you first give the continent, then you mention the hair length, the eye color, the nose color, the coat color and design, and finally the gender.

This story is about an American long haired, yellow eyed, brown nosed, brown tabby male cat. He was a feral cat who lived around the farmer’s vegetable field across the street from my housing community and not far from the main road north and south in this part of the east end of town.

My cat had met the brown tabby in that big field at night when the brown tabby came out to look for food. My cat like all or most cats sleeps during the daytime and likes to prowl around the neighborhood and the farmer’s field at night. The brown tabby was male and about 5 years old, but not as large as my cat since my cat is one-quarter Maine Coon and thus outweighs most other cats by 25%.

Because my cat is abnormally large the brown tabby and other cats would always run away from him, which gave rise to one of his favorite games: “chase the kitty!” My cat would chase the brown tabby all through the farmer’s field for hours at a time. This was great exercise for both of them, although the poor brown tabby was probably frightened to death of my cat who was in every respect just as capable as him and could give him a very hard run for his money, so to speak.

I would see the brown tabby sometimes at night when it was very late and I would go to look for my cat with my powerful high beam flashlight which lights up all the eyes of all the animals in the farmer’s field. My cat is the only one with red eyes, although raccoons also have red eyes, however there were no raccoons here in this farmer’s field. I would then call out to him and he would come running to me and follow me home.

The brown tabby would watch us in this way and probably wonder what was going on? Cats have intellects in many respects as well as do humans and so cats are curious about new and unusual things too. And my cat is truly an unusual cat. The brown tabby would have noticed this. The brown tabby would likely never have seen a cat walking with a human side by side like my cat does with me.

The brown tabby lived all alone as a feral cat in the field with the other feral cats there – the long haired black male and the two long haired calico females. The brown tabby probably sparred with the black male since they were both fertile males and thus competitive with each other. And he probably had a crush on the calico females too since they were also fertile.

The brown tabby had survived four to five brutally cold winters way below freezing in the deep snow. But with his long haired coat he was perfectly equipped to stay warm in the cold. The rigors of the coldest mountain winters which could easily kill a human was no match for the brown tabby.

One day however, the brown tabby met his match unfortunately. It was a car.

Late one morning in the midsummer with commuters on their way to work, I was driving back home from an errand on my day off, and as I got ready to turn off the main road to get to my home I saw the brown tabby lying as a clump beside the road. I felt the sharp pang of grief sting my heart as I drove by. Then I resolved to get my shovel and some big plastic bag in order to give the brown tabby a more dignified end to his hard life.

I returned with the shovel and the plastic bags and parked in one of the lots bordering on the busy road, then I went over to survey the death scene. The brown tabby lay crushed along the shoulder of the pavement, which suggested that he was not in the road when he was hit, he was off to the side of it. It may have been that a motorist simply did not see him there, or else was afraid to brake their vehicle, or else most frightening of all they were gunning for the poor cat.

At any rate I had to wait for traffic to pass in fits and spurts for me to shovel what was left of the body of the dead brown tabby off the road. This required several trips out into the road and back. Once I got everything off to the side of the road, I was able to use the two plastic bags to pick up the body of the brown tabby, which was mostly intact but which now gave the impression of a long coat of fine leather with ears obvious at one end and a long bushy tail at the other end and everything in between sadly smooshed. I also collected teeth and jaws and ribs and other bones from the road. And of course all his insides needed to be scooped up separately with the shovel.

When I had put everything inside the big plastic bag, using the second plastic bag as a big glove to keep from getting all bloody, I then put the bags into my vehicle, with the shovel, and then I drove over to the city animal control agency office and asked the female officer at the desk there if there was anyplace here where I could put the body of the dead brown tabby. She said yes, and she asked me about the cat and where I had found him and she wrote these data down. Then she told me to drive up to the side of the facility.

I gave her the big plastic bag. She seemed as sad about it as I felt too. She could tell I cared about kitties. She could see that I was like a big guardian angel for them, feeding them, raising them, finding them homes with other people, and now in this case giving them a more dignified repose than just out on the road where some careless, heartless motorist had killed the brown tabby.

There are lessons to be learned by people too from this sad story of the brown tabby, especially for boys and girls everywhere.

Traffic is very dangerous. People must be very careful around traffic when they are walking because cars and trucks are made out of steel and weight many tons. Children should not play near traffic. This is one of the most important lesson that all children must learn. There is danger everywhere on the Earth, however there is special danger around streets and roadways. Children should stay away from these places at all times, never going near alone without an adult to watch over and protect them.

Last edited:
How sad it is but the reality of its cats who are outdoors that's why I kept my cat inside people tell me ha do not worry cats are doing very well, they are wild By nature it's not like dogs that they need their master.
Pomponette needs me and I need her it is such a strong attachment even stronger than some people I know.
I love animals, they are magnificent creatures comparing to us.

Ok good !!

I have to say when at first when i have her she was so tinny my pomponette then she became round
100_0072.jpg

100_0460.jpg

I miss her so much :(

Ok good !!

I have to say when at first when i have her she was so tinny my pomponette then she became round
View attachment 139756
View attachment 139757
I miss her so much :(
Time to get a new kitty Dalia

Forum List

Back