My Brother is a Cop and It's Getting Bad

Bad time to be a cop

They have lost the trust and goodwill of the public. Much of it is undeserved but the public has reached an “enough is enough” point.

It will take a while to patch things up.

It's the media that created this narrative and hysteria
BOOOOOOM!!! that is the MAIN problem..the MSM DOES need to be taken out !! I've said this many times......they lie and create myths

We were supposed to have dinner at my brother's house yesterday, but he called me up when he got home from his shift and cancelled. He wanted to just chill after the shift he worked yesterday. He patrols a higher crime neighborhood, which is mostly blacks, and he said the past couple of weeks have gotten really bad. People aren't respectful at all. They're rude and belligerent towards him. He's been called names, taunted, it's been constant chaos. He stopped a car yesterday because the guy came up with a warrant in the system. Immediately, when he had the guy step out of his car he started screaming something about George Floyd and then became nasty and resistant. My brother and his partner, who arrived shortly after, had to tackle the guy to the ground in order to get him restrained. While this was going on he said a dozen or so blacks came running up on them, whipping out their phones recording, calling them names, taunting them. He said it was super nerve racking because in the middle of the skirmish he had no idea if any of these other people, who had no business being up that close to them, were going to run up and attack them from behind. He said it was like being in the middle of a zoo. He is starting to consider leaving the department at this point because it's become incredibly dangerous for them.

And my brother is Asian and the officer who responded to back him up is Hispanic, so this wasn't even a white cop thing; it's just an anyone in uniform thing. We're told we should be judging people by their character and not their skin color, but apparently these same people think it's fine to judge anyone in a uniform as evil.
Sorry to hear that. I hope he stays safe.

Everyone's screaming, no one is listening. It's been like that for a long time, but this is an all new level.

His job is even more dangerous now.

Why would he run the plates? Did the guy do something wrong? How did he know who was in the car?

If there are no active calls they'll run plates at random. Sometimes they'll do it if the driver is driving suspiciously.
"driving suspiciously"???
what does that even mean???

thats a reason right there to not trust cops,,,

Timothy McVeigh was caught because a sharp eyed trooper noticed he was driving suspiciously .

Ignoramus

Here's a start. I think this is part of the problem. Not the biggest problem, but part of it. It's a little out-dated, but you get the idea.

Why don't police departments look like the communities that they serve? I thnk it gives a perception of "us vs them" instead of the community looking after itself. If you're trying to rebuild damaged trust relations, I think this is a good place to start.

1592588062397.png

I'm not surprised by this story. I saw it coming even before George Floyd. There's a huge issue in the black community that only they can resolve. Politicians can help with policies, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter unless the black community takes responsibility. Don't be the race that commits over 50% of the robberies and violence when being only 13% of the population. Don't resist arrest when you're caught. BLM is a farce. They are pushing a narrative that doesn't exist. The Left isn't helping with their "defund police" rants. The Left isn't helping by allowing destruction in their communities. The Left certainly isn't helping by pushing all this black lives matter crap on us now while using racists terms like "white privilege". If the OP thinks this isn't related to his brothers situation, think again. It most certainly is. A modern witch hunt is happening and people are kowtowing to the mob based on false information and MSM spun narratives.

Bad time to be a cop

They have lost the trust and goodwill of the public. Much of it is undeserved but the public has reached an “enough is enough” point.

BOOOOOOM!!! that is the MAIN problem..the MSM DOES need to be taken out !! I've said this many times......they lie and create myths

In the good ole days, Cops had a ready excuse...
He resisted arrest
He fell
I felt threatened

Now, everything shows up on videos. there is no hiding. Good police work comes out as good police work. Bad cops come off as bad cops.

Don’t blame the media

Bad time to be a cop

The public are reacting to the bad 1% cop, in mostly leftist run cities, where most of the riots takes place.

Why would he run the plates? Did the guy do something wrong? How did he know who was in the car?

If there are no active calls they'll run plates at random. Sometimes they'll do it if the driver is driving suspiciously.

Timothy McVeigh was caught because a sharp eyed trooper noticed he was driving suspiciously .

Ignoramus
Wikipedia says he was caught because he was driving without plates.

I read last night that you can be pulled over for having a air freshener in your mirror. Let’s just drop the pretense and say that cops need no excuse to pull you over.

Here's a start. I think this is part of the problem. Not the biggest problem, but part of it. It's a little out-dated, but you get the idea.

Why don't police departments look like the communities that they serve? I thnk it gives a perception of "us vs them" instead of the community looking after itself. If you're trying to rebuild damaged trust relations, I think this is a good place to start.

View attachment 352244

It's because a fair amount of blacks and Hispanics already have a criminal record and don't qualify, dummy.

if the driver is driving suspiciously
If the driver is drunk or under the influence of marijuana or street drugs, or if there's an actual traffic infraction, that's one thing, but otherwise it's time for the cop to move right along with the flow of traffic and look for trouble somewhere else.

Your argumentation is silly, this is standard police practice when they are on the road, it is part of their job to do law enforcement every day. There is nothing improper or illegal to run a check on plates at any time.

Bad time to be a cop

The public are reacting to the bad 1% cop, in mostly leftist run cities, where most of the riots takes place.
Very true.....The honest, caring cops are paying a price for the rotten apples in their midst.

But the Blue Wall of Silence has also protected these bad apples for too long. Honest cops can see what impact bad cops have on their ability to do their job.

Bad time to be a cop

He resisted arrest
He fell
I felt threatened

Now, everything shows up on videos. there is no hiding. Good police work comes out as good police work. Bad cops come off as bad cops.

Don’t blame the media
the media fans any flames that are there......they can turn a minor incident into a major incident.....

Ignoramus

He stopped him because the car he was driving didn't have a license. Interesting enough, even though he was doing something illegal he told the officer he had a loaded handgun and didn't get killed unlike Philandro Castillo who had done nothing wrong.

You know what he was implying. Everything you said, no matter how logical, doesn't dent a a rabid American hating overly privileged hypocrite like him.

You don't know this by now?

Bad time to be a cop

He resisted arrest
He fell
I felt threatened

Don’t blame the media
..the guy DID resist arrest

You know, the fire department doesn't prowl around neighborhoods looking for smoke. They don't look up previous fires and go check on those addresses at random times, just to make sure nothing is going on. They don't ask people they encounter to let them conduct inspections to see if the place has any fire code violations with a vaguely threatening demeanor. They run into burning buildings instead of hanging back for "officer safety".
They stay at their station and mind their own business until someone specifically calls them.

Most people don't hate the damn fire department either. No one ever wrote a song called "Fuck da Fire Department", did they?

Maybe the cops should consider a different way of doing business.

Ignoramus

He stopped him because the car he was driving didn't have a license. Interesting enough, even though he was doing something illegal he told the officer he had a loaded handgun and didn't get killed unlike Philandro Castillo who had done nothing wrong.
For some strange reason the racist white liberal propagandists in the media minimize the officer's name from the HYPED news.

Jeronimo Yanez is the name.

Guess why that name isn't repeated over and over and over and over again.

You know what? Don't. Please go tell some Africans how bad it is for you in America.

View attachment 352244
Atlanta pd over 60 percent black and thier mayor has a karen haircut and a d in front of her waste of life name

We were supposed to have dinner at my brother's house yesterday, but he called me up when he got home from his shift and cancelled. He wanted to just chill after the shift he worked yesterday. He patrols a higher crime neighborhood, which is mostly blacks, and he said the past couple of weeks have gotten really bad. People aren't respectful at all. They're rude and belligerent towards him. He's been called names, taunted, it's been constant chaos. He stopped a car yesterday because the guy came up with a warrant in the system. Immediately, when he had the guy step out of his car he started screaming something about George Floyd and then became nasty and resistant. My brother and his partner, who arrived shortly after, had to tackle the guy to the ground in order to get him restrained. While this was going on he said a dozen or so blacks came running up on them, whipping out their phones recording, calling them names, taunting them. He said it was super nerve racking because in the middle of the skirmish he had no idea if any of these other people, who had no business being up that close to them, were going to run up and attack them from behind. He said it was like being in the middle of a zoo. He is starting to consider leaving the department at this point because it's become incredibly dangerous for them.

And my brother is Asian and the officer who responded to back him up is Hispanic, so this wasn't even a white cop thing; it's just an anyone in uniform thing. We're told we should be judging people by their character and not their skin color, but apparently these same people think it's fine to judge anyone in a uniform as evil.

..they run plates all the time.....I was driving my daughter to her friend's house with our just bought used car.....he pulled us over right in front of her friend's house---[ hahahahah ] we did NOTHING wrong....we had our old plates on the ''new car''--perfectly legal
..I'm WHITE
.....another time I had new stickers for the plates in the glove compartment ..I forgot to put them on.......the very day they expired, a ticket was on the car
..ANOTHER time: they use street cleaners once a month....they have city members outside on the day they clean the streets--if your car isn't moved = ticket
..I moved out of there long ago
My ticket story: Not long ago, I had just purchased a brand new car and my custom license plates had just come in and I immediately drove my new car with great plates to the place of business where my BFF worked, also where I worked. I couldn't wait to show her my new "package" and I intended to only stay a few minutes so parked in the only available space on the street knowingly in a yellow zone. I stayed longer than anticipated because she was with a customer, and after leaving our store where the car was parked right in front of, I noticed a glaring ticket on the windshield. :eek-52:

That parking ticket which I deserved, cost me $40.00 dollars. :crybaby:

Forum List

Back