My Brother is a Cop and It's Getting Bad

For generations the behavior of the cops. Even the “good ones” has been at the minimum toeing the line.

When I was a boy there was a song. Attitude Adjustment by Hank Williams Jr. He smacks his wife around. A little attitude adjustment. He whomps his Brother in Law. Same thing. Then the police show up and give him an attitude adjustment.

Funny in the song. Amusing in fiction. A real problem in real life. Because it is tough to tell who really needs the attitude adjustment isn’t it?

For generations these attitude adjustments have been given various names and terms. Tune him up is a popular one with police. When the guy runs and they chase at the end they are not satisfied with just cuffing him and taking him to jail. They want to teach him a lesson. Give him the attitude adjustment. So they tune him up before they take him in.

And for generations this has been going on. Older cops teach younger cops. This is what we do. And you don’t mention it.

In another thread I mentioned a lesson from my Dad. If you have to lie about it, you already know you did the wrong thing.

And it isn’t just the Democrat run cities. It happens in small towns and bedroom communities.

Now. Your brother and the cops of today are paying for that generational practice. One that still goes on today. It is curious though. The same people who explain that Blacks should be happy being targeted because so many are criminals object to any cops being so much as sneered at because all of them are not criminal.

For generations the police have managed the situation as us versus them. Now that them have the us outnumbered, it suddenly is a bad thing.

Now. I am going to speak honestly. I have explained how we got here. Part of how we got here anyway. Now I am going to say I really am sorry that your Brother and others are enduring this. It is going to get worse before it gets better. And the first way it can start down that path is avoiding the euphemisms about resisting and all that.

Behave in public the same professional way they behave in court when trying to put forth the image of professional competence to the jury.

Bust the cops who do the things that have contributed to the mess we are in. Reform the cops. Don’t accept less than proper behavior.

Change the outlook. Stop seeing the communities as “Them” and they will eventually respond the same.
If you run and the cops have to chase you down, you need an attitude adjustment.

He said it was like being in the middle of a zoo.
A zoo is way more tame than black neighborhoods.
this weekend in Chitown, 30 shootings several dead, and the news goes, crime down in chicago over the weekend. Can you fking believe that, it was only 30 shootings rather than 45 shootings so no issues here. the kkkers having fun for sure.

For generations the behavior of the cops. Even the “good ones” has been at the minimum toeing the line.

When I was a boy there was a song. Attitude Adjustment by Hank Williams Jr. He smacks his wife around. A little attitude adjustment. He whomps his Brother in Law. Same thing. Then the police show up and give him an attitude adjustment.

Funny in the song. Amusing in fiction. A real problem in real life. Because it is tough to tell who really needs the attitude adjustment isn’t it?

For generations these attitude adjustments have been given various names and terms. Tune him up is a popular one with police. When the guy runs and they chase at the end they are not satisfied with just cuffing him and taking him to jail. They want to teach him a lesson. Give him the attitude adjustment. So they tune him up before they take him in.

And for generations this has been going on. Older cops teach younger cops. This is what we do. And you don’t mention it.

In another thread I mentioned a lesson from my Dad. If you have to lie about it, you already know you did the wrong thing.

And it isn’t just the Democrat run cities. It happens in small towns and bedroom communities.

Now. Your brother and the cops of today are paying for that generational practice. One that still goes on today. It is curious though. The same people who explain that Blacks should be happy being targeted because so many are criminals object to any cops being so much as sneered at because all of them are not criminal.

For generations the police have managed the situation as us versus them. Now that them have the us outnumbered, it suddenly is a bad thing.

Now. I am going to speak honestly. I have explained how we got here. Part of how we got here anyway. Now I am going to say I really am sorry that your Brother and others are enduring this. It is going to get worse before it gets better. And the first way it can start down that path is avoiding the euphemisms about resisting and all that.

Behave in public the same professional way they behave in court when trying to put forth the image of professional competence to the jury.

Bust the cops who do the things that have contributed to the mess we are in. Reform the cops. Don’t accept less than proper behavior.

Change the outlook. Stop seeing the communities as “Them” and they will eventually respond the same.
If you run and the cops have to chase you down, you need an attitude adjustment.

Then if this is so, why do the cops lie about it? Back to my Dad’s lesson. If you have to lie you know you’ve done the wrong thing.

Mayor's office in Chitown telling cops reconsidering chases. So now, if you did do something bad, run your fking asses off. hahahahahahahahahaha the stupid that is a demofk organization. hahahaahhahahahhahahahaaha,

Then if this is so, why do the cops lie about it? Back to my Dad’s lesson. If you have to lie you know you’ve done the wrong thing.
when did they lie? they wear body cameras now. it's mandatory.

Do you even watch the news?
yep, I see 13 year old boys out at 2:30 in the morning who get shot after running with a gun in his hand. Caught on camera, and the news outlets faking it. yep, I see it. I see you love magic.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

yep, I see 13 year old boys out at 2:30 in the morning who get shot after running with a gun in his hand. Caught on camera, and the news outlets faking it. yep, I see it. I see you love magic.

You may want to expand your news sources.

The term I think is most accurate is "educational beatdown".

When appropriate it's the only thing that works; when not appropriate, it will make everything worse.
And it is almost never appropriate for cops to give one. Walk away and let someone else do it? Maybe, depends on the situation, but for them to do it?
Almost never okay.

one out of three videos showed a lie. hmmmmmmmm. One out of millions upon millions of daily scenarios, you found one out of three. congrats. so you've proved there is a cop that lied. Doesn't mean all cops nor the majority of cops. you need to have more data to move beyond what you posted. And I appreciate you avoiding my scenario. You haven't any guts to challenge me. BTW, I'm not convinced the one the judge threw out was indeed a lie. Then the prosecutor lied with the officer. Did they appeal it?

one out of three videos showed a lie. hmmmmmmmm. One out of millions upon millions of daily scenarios, you found one out of three. congrats. so you've proved there is a cop that lied. Doesn't mean all cops nor the majority of cops. you need to have more data to move beyond what you posted. And I appreciate you avoiding my scenario. You haven't any guts to challenge me. BTW, I'm not convinced the one the judge threw out was indeed a lie. Then the prosecutor lied with the officer. Did they appeal it?

Right. You’ll have to prove the cops are innocent. The same standards you use for Blacks.

I just realized this thread started last year at the height of the tensions.

How are things going for your brother now, Dont Taz Me Bro ?

Not sure. We haven't spoken since January. Had a falling out over something dumb, but he can be a petty person, so it is what it is. I give up.

I was on a sheriffs dept after I got out of the army decades ago. I didn't last very long before I moved onto something else and looking back now, I made the right choice. I wouldn't want to be a cop right now.

Although where I live now it wouldn't be so bad. I live in a middle class area with no poor areas, no ghetto, it's almost all white. It's a nice area that's safe. Aside from the normal dumbass doing dumbass stuff we don't have many problems and all the cops around here and usually they are all friendly and nice.

That's no longer true though------------to do the right thing now is often treated as a crime...sometimes it is now correct to lie. If I had to shoot an intruder in my home especially if he wasn't white--I'd likely drag the body off to an alligator pit for disposal instead of calling a cop because the world has gone crazy.

We were supposed to have dinner at my brother's house yesterday, but he called me up when he got home from his shift and cancelled. He wanted to just chill after the shift he worked yesterday. He patrols a higher crime neighborhood, which is mostly blacks, and he said the past couple of weeks have gotten really bad. People aren't respectful at all. They're rude and belligerent towards him. He's been called names, taunted, it's been constant chaos. He stopped a car yesterday because the guy came up with a warrant in the system. Immediately, when he had the guy step out of his car he started screaming something about George Floyd and then became nasty and resistant. My brother and his partner, who arrived shortly after, had to tackle the guy to the ground in order to get him restrained. While this was going on he said a dozen or so blacks came running up on them, whipping out their phones recording, calling them names, taunting them. He said it was super nerve racking because in the middle of the skirmish he had no idea if any of these other people, who had no business being up that close to them, were going to run up and attack them from behind. He said it was like being in the middle of a zoo. He is starting to consider leaving the department at this point because it's become incredibly dangerous for them.

And my brother is Asian and the officer who responded to back him up is Hispanic, so this wasn't even a white cop thing; it's just an anyone in uniform thing. We're told we should be judging people by their character and not their skin color, but apparently these same people think it's fine to judge anyone in a uniform as evil.
I’m so sorry. Most of us cowards wouldn’t have the balls to put ourselves in danger.
Most cowards don't have balls.

Forum List

Back