My Bad Experience With Obamacare (Feel free to add yours)

Yes, I know your employer won't give you a pay raise if he cuts off your insurance. Again, that's part of the dependency problem. Ironically, many of the people resentful of the extended coverage provided by the PPACA (again, not you specifically) have been getting a free or low-cost ride themselves.

And 100K is not "lower middle class" in 90% of America.

Again, have your taxes gone up because of the PPACA?

Not sure what you mean by "those who do nothing." The real lower middle class hard-working people are those who are benefiting from expanded access to health insurance without any cost to you except your willingness to listen to what the right-wing pundits are telling you.
actually I went as far down as 60k looking for a subsidy, nothing. And again, the health insurance is part of what you negotiate when you interview for a position, its part of your income. Its why it will be getting taxed as such by 2018 (as required in the obamacare law) So that really is not a free ride, or something for nothing. If it had not been there, I would have negotiated a higher salary in the first place.

And you have the luxury of renegotiating. Not every American does. As I said upthread, corporations have been ditching employer-provided health insurance for decades. It's a minor form of downsizing. You need a job; they don't need you. They see you as a replacement part, and if they can outsource or redesignate you as an "independent contractor," they'll do it in a heartbeat.

Hardly a surprise that you live on welfare, bub.

People on welfare gets Medicaid. The PPACA is not Medicaid. You really don't know much about anything, do you? Oh, except trolling. You're really good at that...

Hardly a surprise that you live on welfare, bub.

People on welfare gets Medicaid. The PPACA is not Medicaid. You really don't know much about anything, do you? Oh, except trolling. You're really good at that...

I'll defer to your extensive experience with welfare and Medicaid. I've never personally used either.

As for trolling, you're a pathetic knee-jerk Prog Moonbat who posts nothing amusing. How sad for you.

I'll defer to your extensive experience with welfare and Medicaid. I've never personally used either.

Knowledge of, not experience. But you wouldn't be expected to understand the difference.

As for trolling, you're a pathetic knee-jerk Prog Moonbat who posts nothing amusing. How sad for you.

You assume I'm here to amuse you. How sad for you.

$500 a month for health insurance?

My own experience is two refunds last year, lower cost for scrips, no more co-pay and premiums were lowered and excellent coverage - so yeah, I feel your pain.

:rolleyes:
Tells me that you are a liar, or you are one of the worthless welfare sucking scum that depend on others to pay your way.
Which one is it?

Tells me you don't know what you're talking about and you're just another flamer.

No personal horror stories to share? C'mon, make something up.
How can I have a personal horror story, now when I go to the Maryland exchange and put in my county and income, it comes back and tells me there are NO choices for coverage.
Guess I would just have to go uninsured if I lost what I have now.
But the worthless rioting scum in baltimore sucking welfare dollars is able to get free coverage.

Then stop driving on the roads, you haven't paid enough in taxes your entire life to pave even 1/4 of a mile of any road you use. You are just sucking welfare from everyone else expecting them to pay for your roads.

Park your car and start walking until you pay for your own roads.

I do have a kid at home, but she will be out of the house soon enough.
and Im actually below average in the town I live in when it comes to pay.

You do live in an expensive part of the country, and it's not always easy to appreciate the plight of others in other circumstances. But, again, the impact of the PPACA on the economy is bringing the deficit down, lowering hospital costs overall (many that were in danger of closing are now able to balance the books) and, long-term, having a healthier population is better for all of us.

It's refreshing to find an opponent of the PPACA who can have a reasonable conversation about it. Thank you!
I dont dislike it just because I dislike obama, I dislike it because it is going to hurt a whole bunch of people.
lets say I lose my insurance tomorrow.
what do I do? I have no options. Now, I will be one of the uninsured.
Do I still get the IRS fine for not having insurance when no options are available?
and I did look so I would not be spewing numbers out my butt. The average for the town I live in is 141,000 a year per household.
Im basically poor.

If you are making 100k a year and claiming to be poor you have no idea about real life. At all. There are people making 0k. Yet YOU are bitching?

My own experience is two refunds last year, lower cost for scrips, no more co-pay and premiums were lowered and excellent coverage - so yeah, I feel your pain.

Tells me that you are a liar, or you are one of the worthless welfare sucking scum that depend on others to pay your way.
Which one is it?

Tells me you don't know what you're talking about and you're just another flamer.

How can I have a personal horror story, now when I go to the Maryland exchange and put in my county and income, it comes back and tells me there are NO choices for coverage.
But the worthless rioting scum in baltimore sucking welfare dollars is able to get free coverage.

Then stop driving on the roads, you haven't paid enough in taxes your entire life to pave even 1/4 of a mile of any road you use. You are just sucking welfare from everyone else expecting them to pay for your roads.

roads are considered infrastructure, that is a function of government. Between my payroll taxes and fuel taxes/ registration fees etc... I pay enough.
Now, as far as not paving even a quarter mile of any road I use? Wrong, I paved my driveway. Next foolish assumption?

Which one is it?

roads are considered infrastructure, that is a function of government. Between my payroll taxes and fuel taxes/ registration fees etc... I pay enough.
Now, as far as not paving even a quarter mile of any road I use? Wrong, I paved my driveway. Next foolish assumption?

Maryland Patriot said:
roads are considered infrastructure, that is a function of government.

Infrastructure paid for by your parents during the Eisenhower administration.

Maryland Patriot said:

and now we build the occasional road and pay to maintain.
not to mention how we all get stuck paying for public transportation even if we don't use it.
I have little problem contributing to schools, police, fire, military and roads, those are all things that we require to live, and we all (those that pay tax) contribute.
but things that allow people to become lazy and complacent like welfare, universal health care, free phones, free food, free transportation, free utilities,
The way I see it, those that refuse to work to support themselves are a drain on society, when trying to cut back on even a household expense what is the first thing you look for? something you have to pay for that is of no value to you. I cut my land line phone because I use cell most of the time. the land line did nothing for me but was a monthly expense.
same as the chronic welfare crowd, they do nothing for society, yet are a constant drain. Get rid of them. Let Darwin do his thing.

Maryland Patriot said:

? Where the hell do you live where roads haven't been built or maintained since Eisenhower? Not in the US....
In all fairness, you only have to drive through Maryland one time and you will see that there are not only a few roads, but an entire state of roads that have not seen a maintenance crew since Jesus rode his ass in on them.

Maryland Patriot said:

? Where the hell do you live where roads haven't been built or maintained since Eisenhower? Not in the US....

Not what I said.

So now y'all have run out of "horror stories" about the PPACA and this thread is about interstate highways? Okay...

Maryland Patriot said:

Not what I said.

So now y'all have run out of "horror stories" about the PPACA and this thread is about interstate highways? Okay...
I only had the one example. Unless you want to hear about what my rates would have been when they first started the exchange in Maryland. Wait, you all are right, no coverage and just paying the fine every year will save me money.

I only had the one example. Unless you want to hear about what my rates would have been when they first started the exchange in Maryland. Wait, you all are right, no coverage and just paying the fine every year will save me money.

It doesn't even apply to you because, as you've mentioned, your employer provides coverage. You're just bitching for the sake of bitching. You're getting free or low-cost insurance and resenting the fact that others who aren't at your "poverty-level" of 100K a year are getting access as well.

It doesn't even apply to you because, as you've mentioned, your employer provides coverage. You're just bitching for the sake of bitching. You're getting free or low-cost insurance and resenting the fact that others who aren't at your "poverty-level" of 100K a year are getting access as well.
You really don't see the difference between working for your coverage (or a portion of) and paying the rest, and just having someone else buy it for you because you refuse to work?
It does apply to me, Im the one that has watched his premiums go up, his taxes go up and for what? so someone else can get for free what I have to work for.

Maryland Patriot said:

Not what I said.

There's a big account out there for roads that was created 50 years ago?

Don't tell Obama!

Not. What. I. Said. Previous generations paid for the roads. You're riding on them, i.e., getting something for nothing. And, P.S., the "Right to Drive" is not in the Constitution or the amendments. But you resent people getting an essential like access to healthcare because Obama.

You really don't see the difference between working for your coverage (or a portion of) and paying the rest, and just having someone else buy it for you because you refuse to work?
It does apply to me, Im the one that has watched his premiums go up, his taxes go up and for what? so someone else can get for free what I have to work for.

Do I see the difference between you getting something for nothing (as you've pointed out, your employer would not give you a raise if he decided to cut off your health insurance) and WORKING PEOPLE getting health insurance for reduced rates?

Yes, I do. Because I'm not a FOXnews zombie.

People who are unemployed or unemployable, for reasons beyond your ken, are not on the PPACA. They are on Medicaid.

If you people would just learn some basic facts, you might be worth arguing with.

What I'm doing in this forum is showing people who are not yet clear: "See, here's the side with facts, and here's the side with HYSTERIA!!!!!"

You're being very helpful.

Not. What. I. Said. Previous generations paid for the roads. You're riding on them, i.e., getting something for nothing. And, P.S., the "Right to Drive" is not in the Constitution or the amendments. But you resent people getting an essential like access to healthcare because Obama.
actually, most roads were built with municipal bonds, guess who is paying those off now.
Health care is not a right or a function of government. roads are part of the infrastructure, public transportation is not.
learn the difference before you jump on people that are tired of paying for the non producers to live.

Forum List

Back