My Bad Experience With Obamacare (Feel free to add yours)

$500 a month for health insurance?

My own experience is two refunds last year, lower cost for scrips, no more co-pay and premiums were lowered and excellent coverage - so yeah, I feel your pain.

:rolleyes:
Tells me that you are a liar, or you are one of the worthless welfare sucking scum that depend on others to pay your way.
Which one is it?

My own experience is two refunds last year, lower cost for scrips, no more co-pay and premiums were lowered and excellent coverage - so yeah, I feel your pain.

Tells me that you are a liar, or you are one of the worthless welfare sucking scum that depend on others to pay your way.
Which one is it?

Tells me you don't know what you're talking about and you're just another flamer.

No personal horror stories to share? C'mon, make something up.

Which one is it?

Tells me you don't know what you're talking about and you're just another flamer.

No personal horror stories to share? C'mon, make something up.
How can I have a personal horror story, now when I go to the Maryland exchange and put in my county and income, it comes back and tells me there are NO choices for coverage.
Guess I would just have to go uninsured if I lost what I have now.
But the worthless rioting scum in baltimore sucking welfare dollars is able to get free coverage.

How can I have a personal horror story, now when I go to the Maryland exchange and put in my county and income, it comes back and tells me there are NO choices for coverage.

Well, you're either wealthy or you're doing it wrong. Or you're just a garden troll.

Well, you're either wealthy or you're doing it wrong. Or you're just a garden troll.
not wealthy
go to the Maryland exchange, pick Anne Arundel County, use 100,000 for household income, first person 57 years old, second is 55.
you will see that it says there are no options.

not wealthy
go to the Maryland exchange, pick Anne Arundel County, use 100,000 for household income, first person 57 years old, second is 55.

You're well above the median per-household income for your county (and with no kids at home, you have a lot more expendable income), but you're crying poor-mouth. Okay, at least you're honest.

not wealthy

You're well above the median per-household income for your county (and with no kids at home, you have a lot more expendable income), but you're crying poor-mouth. Okay, at least you're honest.
I do have a kid at home, but she will be out of the house soon enough.
and Im actually below average in the town I live in when it comes to pay.

besides, I though this was to make it so everyone would have coverage, exactly how does that work if only those below a certain income, or in certain areas have options.

Last edited:

You do live in an expensive part of the country, and it's not always easy to appreciate the plight of others in other circumstances. But, again, the impact of the PPACA on the economy is bringing the deficit down, lowering hospital costs overall (many that were in danger of closing are now able to balance the books) and, long-term, having a healthier population is better for all of us.

It's refreshing to find an opponent of the PPACA who can have a reasonable conversation about it. Thank you!

You do live in an expensive part of the country, and it's not always easy to appreciate the plight of others in other circumstances. But, again, the impact of the PPACA on the economy is bringing the deficit down, lowering hospital costs overall (many that were in danger of closing are now able to balance the books) and, long-term, having a healthier population is better for all of us.

It's refreshing to find an opponent of the PPACA who can have a reasonable conversation about it. Thank you!
I dont dislike it just because I dislike obama, I dislike it because it is going to hurt a whole bunch of people.
lets say I lose my insurance tomorrow.
what do I do? I have no options. Now, I will be one of the uninsured.
Do I still get the IRS fine for not having insurance when no options are available?

I dont dislike it just because I dislike obama, I dislike it because it is going to hurt a whole bunch of people.
Do I still get the IRS fine for not having insurance when no options are available?

Under what circumstances might you lose your insurance?

and I did look so I would not be spewing numbers out my butt. The average for the town I live in is 141,000 a year per household.
Im basically poor.

What if I lose my job

What if I lose my job
what if my job stops providing insurance

Okay, median income for you county is 86K. I didn't know your town was more expensive.

If you lose your job, there's COBRA until you find another job. And, while I'm no expert on insurance state by state, but since you're one of the lucky ones whose state actually has its own exchange, you can probably get some sort of counseling and or temporary insurance there.

As for your job providing insurance...well, that's part of the problem. Employer-provided insurance was a dodge post-WWII so they wouldn't have to provide pay increases. Too many Americans have become dependent on employer-provided insurance, which has been eroding since the 1970s.

Not saying this is you specifically, but an awful lot of people complaining about "people getting something for nothing" have in fact been getting just that - or much lower group policies - from their employers.

Finally, the PPACA doesn't provide "something for nothing." Those who are insured *do* pay premiums. Yes, sometimes they're subsidized but, again, this is not adding to the deficit or your tax burden.

Okay, median income for you county is 86K. I didn't know your town was more expensive.

If you lose your job, there's COBRA until you find another job. And, while I'm no expert on insurance state by state, but since you're one of the lucky ones whose state actually has its own exchange, you can probably get some sort of counseling and or temporary insurance there.

As for your job providing insurance...well, that's part of the problem. Employer-provided insurance was a dodge post-WWII so they wouldn't have to provide pay increases. Too many Americans have become dependent on employer-provided insurance, which has been eroding since the 1970s.

Not saying this is you specifically, but an awful lot of people complaining about "people getting something for nothing" have in fact been getting just that - or much lower group policies - from their employers.

Finally, the PPACA doesn't provide "something for nothing." Those who are insured *do* pay premiums. Yes, sometimes they're subsidized but, again, this is not adding to the deficit or your tax burden.
Insurance costs paid by employers is factored in to the salary. Its part of what you work for.
on the other hand, if the employer stops covering insurance, or even their part of it, they will not be giving a pay raise to offset that savings on their part.
and yes, those that do nothing, are getting for free.
But the real issue here is simple to see, at least with the Maryland example. It is the lower middle class that will be paying for the coverage of those that do nothing.
although, my premiums have gone up substantially to cover the cost of obamacare, so I am still paying for it even though there are no state options available to me.
Dont actually see that as fair.
Cobra is off the charts expensive too, with much less coverage than I have right now. as a matter of fact, the best plan offered by Maryland is much less coverage than I currently have. I pay nowhere close to 10% of the cost of care.

Yes, I know your employer won't give you a pay raise if he cuts off your insurance. Again, that's part of the dependency problem. Ironically, many of the people resentful of the extended coverage provided by the PPACA (again, not you specifically) have been getting a free or low-cost ride themselves.

And 100K is not "lower middle class" in 90% of America.

Again, have your taxes gone up because of the PPACA?

Not sure what you mean by "those who do nothing." The real lower middle class hard-working people are those who are benefiting from expanded access to health insurance without any cost to you except your willingness to listen to what the right-wing pundits are telling you.

Yes, I know your employer won't give you a pay raise if he cuts off your insurance. Again, that's part of the dependency problem. Ironically, many of the people resentful of the extended coverage provided by the PPACA (again, not you specifically) have been getting a free or low-cost ride themselves.

And 100K is not "lower middle class" in 90% of America.

Again, have your taxes gone up because of the PPACA?

Not sure what you mean by "those who do nothing." The real lower middle class hard-working people are those who are benefiting from expanded access to health insurance without any cost to you except your willingness to listen to what the right-wing pundits are telling you.
actually I went as far down as 60k looking for a subsidy, nothing. And again, the health insurance is part of what you negotiate when you interview for a position, its part of your income. Its why it will be getting taxed as such by 2018 (as required in the obamacare law) So that really is not a free ride, or something for nothing. If it had not been there, I would have negotiated a higher salary in the first place.

Hardly a surprise that you live on welfare, bub.

Forum List

Back