My Bad Experience With Obamacare (Feel free to add yours)

There's a big account out there for roads that was created 50 years ago?

Not. What. I. Said. Previous generations paid for the roads. You're riding on them, i.e., getting something for nothing. And, P.S., the "Right to Drive" is not in the Constitution or the amendments. But you resent people getting an essential like access to healthcare because Obama.
Except we also pay for them, and have been paying for them all along.

And I could care less if the state maintains the roads.

You really don't see the difference between working for your coverage (or a portion of) and paying the rest, and just having someone else buy it for you because you refuse to work?
It does apply to me, Im the one that has watched his premiums go up, his taxes go up and for what? so someone else can get for free what I have to work for.

Do I see the difference between you getting something for nothing (as you've pointed out, your employer would not give you a raise if he decided to cut off your health insurance) and WORKING PEOPLE getting health insurance for reduced rates?

Yes, I do. Because I'm not a FOXnews zombie.

People who are unemployed or unemployable, for reasons beyond your ken, are not on the PPACA. They are on Medicaid.

If you people would just learn some basic facts, you might be worth arguing with.

What I'm doing in this forum is showing people who are not yet clear: "See, here's the side with facts, and here's the side with HYSTERIA!!!!!"

You're being very helpful.
yes, you do suffer hysteria, nobody was without basic health care before obamacare. Medicaid has been been around for years.
so why the sudden push to triple the cost for those with enough sense to care for themselves.
Where would the money come from if we all decided to stop working and live off of handouts?

Health care is not a right or a function of government.

Show me where in the Constitution there's a "Right to Roads."

Oh, please, please, please say it's the part about "promote the general welfare"!
promoting the general welfare had to do with creating an environment that would allow people to work and care for themselves. It did not mean that select people could live off of others their entire life.

yes, you do suffer hysteria, nobody was without basic health care before obamacare.

No, I don't suffer from your hysteria. I smile at it.

Medicaid has been been around for years.

Because Medicaid is for people who are below the poverty line. (I mean the *actual* poverty line, not your 100K definition)?

The PPACA is for WORKING PEOPLE who don't have your double good fortune of making 100K a year AND sucking on their employer's tit for health insurance.

so why the sudden push to triple the cost for those with enough sense to care for themselves.

Which people are those? Got links?

promoting the general welfare had to do with creating an environment that would allow people to work and care for themselves.

Exactly. And people who can see to their own healthcare needs are able to work and care for themselves, which is what the PPACA is designed to do.

Now, when you can figure out the difference between the PPACA and Medicaid, get back to me.

yes, you do suffer hysteria, nobody was without basic health care before obamacare.

No, I don't suffer from your hysteria. I smile at it.

Medicaid has been been around for years.

Because Medicaid is for people who are below the poverty line. (I mean the *actual* poverty line, not your 100K definition)?

The PPACA is for WORKING PEOPLE who don't have your double good fortune of making 100K a year AND sucking on their employer's tit for health insurance.

Which people are those? Got links?
Actually, Medicaid (which IS Obamacare now) is for people who are up to 300 percent of the poverty line. Maybe even higher now. Not that they want it, or can afford to pay the exorbitant premiums they are charged.

Carry on, moron.

$500 a month for health insurance?

My own experience is two refunds last year, lower cost for scrips, no more co-pay and premiums were lowered and excellent coverage - so yeah, I feel your pain.

:rolleyes:
Tells me that you are a liar, or you are one of the worthless welfare sucking scum that depend on others to pay your way.
Which one is it?

Tells me you don't know what you're talking about and you're just another flamer.

No personal horror stories to share? C'mon, make something up.
How can I have a personal horror story, now when I go to the Maryland exchange and put in my county and income, it comes back and tells me there are NO choices for coverage.
Guess I would just have to go uninsured if I lost what I have now.
But the worthless rioting scum in baltimore sucking welfare dollars is able to get free coverage.

Then stop driving on the roads, you haven't paid enough in taxes your entire life to pave even 1/4 of a mile of any road you use. You are just sucking welfare from everyone else expecting them to pay for your roads.

Park your car and start walking until you pay for your own roads.
roads are considered infrastructure, that is a function of government. Between my payroll taxes and fuel taxes/ registration fees etc... I pay enough.
Now, as far as not paving even a quarter mile of any road I use? Wrong, I paved my driveway. Next foolish assumption?

You have an excuse for everything. You paved your driveway? Good, use that. You didn't pay for the roads, you rely on the money of others to pave the roads you use, its your welfare. You take it and aren't ashamed to take it. Stop demanding others be ashamed for help from the government. You get it every single day of your life and you lap it up like an ally cat with a pail of cream.

not wealthy
go to the Maryland exchange, pick Anne Arundel County, use 100,000 for household income, first person 57 years old, second is 55.
you will see that it says there are no options.

No, it doesn't say that. It actually says there are 49 options available to you in the marketplace.

2ylabcx.png

not wealthy
go to the Maryland exchange, pick Anne Arundel County, use 100,000 for household income, first person 57 years old, second is 55.

No, it doesn't say that. It actually says there are 49 options available to you in the marketplace.

2ylabcx.png
thats for 2015, what happens in 2016 when the new laws and taxes kick in.
but then lets look at this bullshit they are trying to sell.
8000+ a year premium, 12000.00 deductable 30% of visits and ER. No dental, no eye.
I pay less than 8k a year now, 0 deductable, no copay for ER 10.00 for doctor visits, I have eye and dental along with the prescription plan.
20k for basically no coverage is fairly steep dont you think
This crap is going to have people dying at their work place as they have heart attacks that could have been prevented if not for the fact they had to work to support the worthless non contributing members of society.

not wealthy

2ylabcx.png
8000+ a year premium, 12000.00 deductable 30% of visits and ER. No dental, no eye.
I pay less than 8k a year now, 0 deductable, no copay for ER 10.00 for doctor visits, I have eye and dental along with the prescription plan.
20k for basically no coverage is fairly steep dont you think
This crap is going to have people dying at their work place as they have heart attacks that could have been prevented if not for the fact they had to work to support the worthless non contributing members of society.

Where are you getting this "information" from, Miss Cleo? Got links?

I'm not following. You made up that no plans are available in your county because you're under the impression it will be true when unspecified "new laws and taxes kick in"? Decisions on whether to offer coverage in the 2016 open enrollment, which starts in a few weeks, were made many months ago. There hasn't been some mass exodus from Maryland's marketplace.

You're in an employer-based plan. That means the "less than 8K" you pay now is only a fraction of the actual premium. On average, the employee pays for about 28% of the premium. So take whatever you pay and divide that by 0.28. Unless you have the actual numbers on your employer's share, that will give you the best estimate of what your plan's premium is.

It's going to be significantly more than $8K.

^Gotta love it. The ones shrieking the loudest about "people getting something for nothing" are almost invariably the ones who've been sucking Daddy Corporation's teat all their working lives.

Forum List

Back