My Bad Experience With Obamacare (Feel free to add yours)

In order to give subsidies to all the shitheads that are too sorry to pay their own bills Obamacare runs up the cost of premiums, co payments, deductibles and even taxes for everybody. That is not even counting the hundreds of billions stolen from the Medicare fund.

As Jonathan Gruber said it is a program based upon lies that only the most stupid Americans will believe.

The sad thing is that the nation's health insurance is so screwed up now it forces people like the OP to go to the exchanges, which are terrible plans with outrageous cost.

It is going to get worse next year when the government subsidies to the insurance companies come to an end.

Thanks Obama for fucking up the best health care system in the world so that your welfare queens can get insurance instead of having to go to free clinics.

Obama doesn't set the rates. The insurance companies do.

My sister's policy went up over $150 a month from the prior year. It is definitely not lowering costs. But hey......any families of four save $2500 a year like Obama promised. :lol:

Rates have increased 23% year over year. Not what was promised....at all. Key quote:

"According to official government data, the average premium paid by those signing up through the federal Healthcare.gov site this year was $101 a month, after factoring in the subsidies.

Last year, however, the average premium, net of subsidies, was $82.

That's a 23% increase."

ObamaCare Premiums Jumped 23 This Year -- After Subsidies - Investors.com

Last edited:
11148502_10152791504770927_7996556256743569803_n.jpg

So far, the two stories of negative Obamacare experiences are total bullshit.

At least I have 2 Republicans in my extended family that have admitted that their new plans cover more things and are less expensive than before. They hate to admit it though. There's another family in my extended family that likes to whine about Obamacare, but they're saving money too because one of them had a pre-existing condition before and they used to have to haggle with their insurance provider. Those days are gone. The least they could do is give Obama credit for the peace of mind they now have by not having to fight a corporation, and the extra dollars they get to keep, but no, they still do that thing where they blame Obama for "forcing them" to buy something (which in the end has given them better coverage at a cheaper cost).

I only know of two people who have real issues with Obamacare. The issue is that they're quite well-off and their cadillac plans now cost a modest sum more than before because the rich were asked to sacrifice a little in order to help everyone else out. Guess what? They're still fucking rich and 16 million new people have healthcare today.

The OP's story is bullshit. It leaves so many variables out. If an individual has lost their job, they would then qualify for Medicaid or other free to low-cost programs.

Some more details:

She did get signed up for it, but the Obamacare people said that because we had no proof of how much we made after her getting laid off, they cancelled the subsidy. She had to cancel the policy because we couldn't afford $500 every month, especially with her being unemployed. But they said that it would take at least a month to cancel. So they're still trying to bill us for something she never used.

i helped a couple of people get obamacare

they only needed to send in pay stub or copy of their w-2

to someplace in Kansas City

to verify stated incomes

At least I have 2 Republicans in my extended family that have admitted that their new plans cover more things and are less expensive than before. They hate to admit it though. There's another family in my extended family that likes to whine about Obamacare, but they're saving money too because one of them had a pre-existing condition before and they used to have to haggle with their insurance provider. Those days are gone. The least they could do is give Obama credit for the peace of mind they now have by not having to fight a corporation, and the extra dollars they get to keep, but no, they still do that thing where they blame Obama for "forcing them" to buy something (which in the end has given them better coverage at a cheaper cost).

I only know of two people who have real issues with Obamacare. The issue is that they're quite well-off and their cadillac plans now cost a modest sum more than before because the rich were asked to sacrifice a little in order to help everyone else out. Guess what? They're still fucking rich and 16 million new people have healthcare today.

The OP's story is bullshit. It leaves so many variables out. If an individual has lost their job, they would then qualify for Medicaid or other free to low-cost programs.

2 Republicans in my extended family that have admitted that their new plans cover more things and are less expensive than before.

the wife's has more expensive premiums and has a higher deductible she is a liberal btw if that matters --LOL

My sister's policy went up over $150 a month from the prior year. It is definitely not lowering costs. But hey......any families of four save $2500 a year like Obama promised. :lol:

Rates have increased 23% year over year. Not what was promised....at all. Key quote:

"According to official government data, the average premium paid by those signing up through the federal Healthcare.gov site this year was $101 a month, after factoring in the subsidies.

Last year, however, the average premium, net of subsidies, was $82.

That's a 23% increase."

ObamaCare Premiums Jumped 23 This Year -- After Subsidies - Investors.com

When was the last time insurance rates didn't go up at least 19 dollars a year?

aca has been good to me...paying for cancer treatments and paying for hubbys bilateral total knee replacements.....the high deduct is a killer but it beats no insurance....which is what diabetes get...no insurance or its so expensive its too high to afford....this will get better with time..the aca

$500 a month for health insurance?

My own experience is two refunds last year, lower cost for scrips, no more co-pay and premiums were lowered and excellent coverage - so yeah, I feel your pain.

:rolleyes:
Bull shit try again don't believe one word of that nonsense.

People have been lying about their "Obamacare" experiences for 5 years.

...and the Obama Administration lied about Obamacare. Jonathan Gruber said only the stupid Americans would believe the lies. Obama got up in front of the American people and blatantly lied about Obamacare. Most families are waiting for the $2500 less a year Obama told them they are going to pay for healthcare but instead their premiums, co payments and deductibles skyrocket. On top of that taxes were increased and Medicare was raided.

Obamacare was always a very bad idea. Force Americans to purchase expensive health insurance they did want so that a pool could be established to give subsidies to the welfare queens. Despicable!

My only experience was my son had finished school and got a job with no benefits. I was able to put him on my policy until he was 26

Amazing to me that RWs want families to be penalized for sticking together and taking care of each other.
Or in your case never teach them how to live on there own,26 is long past time to leave the nest.Its people like yourself that have taught our youth not to be independent..

[

Obama doesn't set the rates. The insurance companies do.

Based upon the outrageous requirements that the government imposed on all health care policies and the way it is administered.

My Primary Care physician was running a nice low cost one man, receptionist and nurse operation. Because of the onerous requirements of Obamacare he had to get with some conglomerate and that increased his staff, record keeping and infrastructure requirements. He told me he is giving less service for more cost now.

Throw in the welfare factor of the subsidies for the welfare queens and people being forced to pay for things they don't need or want then you have the disastrous plan.

The American people have been screwed by Obamacare and Jonathan Gruber was right in saying that only the stupid Americans believed the lies of Obamacare.

Last edited:

...and the Obama Administration lied about Obamacare. Jonathan Gruber said only the stupid Americans would believe the lies. Obama got up in front of the American people and blatantly lied about Obamacare. Most families are waiting for the $2500 less a year Obama told them they are going to pay for healthcare but instead their premiums, co payments and deductibles skyrocket. On top of that taxes were increased and Medicare was raided.

Obamacare was always a very bad idea. Force Americans to purchase expensive health insurance they did want so that a pool could be established to give subsidies to the welfare queens. Despicable!

Blah blah.......Gruber......blah blah......skyrocket....blah blah....

Talking points.....get some new material.

My only experience was my son had finished school and got a job with no benefits. I was able to put him on my policy until he was 26

Amazing to me that RWs want families to be penalized for sticking together and taking care of each other.
Or in your case never teach them how to live on there own,26 is long past time to leave the nest.Its people like yourself that have taught our youth not to be independent..

And, you know for a fact that all parents are paying their kids' insurance premiums. You know for a fact that no adult children are paying their parents' premiums.

aca has been good to me...paying for cancer treatments and paying for hubbys bilateral total knee replacements.....the high deduct is a killer but it beats no insurance....which is what diabetes get...no insurance or its so expensive its too high to afford....this will get better with time..the aca

There are literally millions of stories like yours. Millions of people who would be without health care because they could not afford the insurance.

Personally, I hate and despise insurance of any and all kinds. But, I'm damn glad to have it when I need it.

You left-wing sons and daughters of Stalin should pay more attention to what's happening in your country. I have seen first-hand the ravages that the Affordable Care Act has had on this country's medical industry.

During the last two or three years, I've seen small rural clinics close because they couldn't afford to be complaint with the ACA. I"ve seen employers being forced to put their employees on part-time because they couldn't afford the extra coverage the ACA deemed necessary.

I've seen clinics in town quit taking Medicare patients because the reimbursement rates have declined significantly, thanks to the ACA. All the while, those doctors and nurses are having to put in nearly 80 hours per week trying to get all of their assigned work done .

I've seen health insurance companies saying they can no longer insure people, thereby forcing them into Medicare. I've also seen scores of people's premiums skyrockets, thanks to this aberration known as "Obamacare".

The truth is, Obama lied to you. The Democrats lied to you. They've been lying for decades. It's no small wonder that the official "Lie of the Year" was the phrase "If you like you health insurance, you can keep your doctor".

Fuck Obama. He can die from ass cancer for all I care.

Nope. Wrong again.

Small clinics and rural hospitals have been closing and/or going bankrupt since the 70s.

Health insurance compainies do not force people into Medicare.

You need to do some work on your lies. Research a little.

EDUCATE yourself.

I have a family member, very right wing tee potty type, who was very vocally against ACA. They had a huge illness in the family and thanks to ObamaCare, they were able to get treatment. At the time, they thought they would lose their home and be forced into bankruptcy. They now refuse to talk about how ObamaCare literally saved a life and their home.

There used to be a far right wing poster here (named Roo, I think) who worked in health insurance. He had nothing but bad things to say about ObamaCare UNTIL he saw that it was helping people. To his credit, he openly changed his opinion and posted about it here.

About your last paragraph - if the OP lives in a state that is refusing to let their poor get health care, he may not be able to get Medicaid. But yes, his story just doesn't ring true.

Generally you can't ignore bills. You had to SIGN UP to get the coverage and in it your agree to pay the bill.
If your wife wasn't making any money just tell them she wasn't making any money.

This is one of those where the OP is leaving something important out of the story. It doesn't add up.
If she didn't have a job anymore how can she predict what her wages would be next year?

They would be whatever she had earned up to that point. After that she would either use her projected unemployment earnings or state zero if she isn't getting unemployment. There is an exemption for hardship. The whole thing is, you ARE required to get it figured out and take action. You can't just ignore it.

Obamacare Exemptions Who is Exempt From the Affordable Care Act
That's the problem with Obamacare.

It forces you to buy a shitty product you can't afford. It covers you for sexual reassignment surgery but doesn't cover treatment for various orthopedic treatments and others as well.

At the same time, everyone who was involved in drafting, voting on, putting it into law, and keeping it a law are exempt from it. Never mind the fact that there are reports that Obamacare isn't insurance for the Middle-class but instead just a tax due to the extremely high deductibles.

Last edited:

Blah blah.......Gruber......blah blah......skyrocket....blah blah....

Talking points.....get some new material.
You remind me of madd (mother's against drinking and driving)

When us kids at that time kept arguing it was ok to vote at 18, join the military at 18 , get married at 18, but couldn't drink a fucking beer till 21.

Fuck you.

Forum List

Back