Mueller team disputes BuzzFeed report claiming Trump told Cohen to lie

So I recorded a couple of MSNBC shows to find out how this would play last night. Rachel Maddow ignored it at the jump and after about 10 minutes I'd had enough of her. Deleted. Lawrence O'Donnell led with the story but took great pains to point out how he said "IF TRUE".....hahahahahahaha too late too late

:th_spinspin:

I used to watch Blinky Maddow and Butthurt O'Donnell for laughs, but my recommendation is to NOT watch fake news. They are stage 4 TDS or pretending to be. Either way they are mentally ill. Stick with the truth. Watch Tucker and Hannity and listen to Rush. They cover (((almost))) every aspect of the insanity attacking our democracy and Western freedom and liberty Whitey invented.

Friday on NBC’s “Today Show,” NBC and MSNBC host Chuck Todd boasted about the significance of a Buzzfeed story reporting President Donald Trump directed his then-legal counsel Michael Cohen to lie about a real estate project in Russia.

Todd told NBC’s Savannah Guthrie that one couldn’t “overstate” the significance of the report.

“In the Trump era we have a hard time sometimes under-calibrating — and everybody is like, ‘Oh my God, oh my God — this is it, this is it,'” Todd said. “You can’t overstate how_y significant this development is, with the caveat of if true. I mean, a lot of this is the ‘if true.’”

Read more at breitbart.com ...

Sleepy Chuck Todd is a ridiculous uneducated, stupid MSM/democrat stooge. Let the shit go.

OK, we rolled snake eyes here again, but you just wait for the Mueller report. Part 89,035,679

I used to watch Blinky Maddow and Butthurt O'Donnell for laughs, but my recommendation is to NOT watch fake news. They are stage 4 TDS or pretending to be. Either way they are mentally ill. Stick with the truth. Watch Tucker and Hannity and listen to Rush. They cover (((almost))) every aspect of the insanity attacking our democracy and Western freedom and liberty Whitey invented.

I love Tucker Carlson. Hannity grates on my last nerve and has for years. I like Rush sometimes but rarely can catch him. And I do think it's important to read and watch around, if nothing else, to continually understand the thinking ("thinking"?) of our opponents.

Friday on NBC’s “Today Show,” NBC and MSNBC host Chuck Todd boasted about the significance of a Buzzfeed story reporting President Donald Trump directed his then-legal counsel Michael Cohen to lie about a real estate project in Russia.

Todd told NBC’s Savannah Guthrie that one couldn’t “overstate” the significance of the report.

“In the Trump era we have a hard time sometimes under-calibrating — and everybody is like, ‘Oh my God, oh my God — this is it, this is it,'” Todd said. “You can’t overstate how_y significant this development is, with the caveat of if true. I mean, a lot of this is the ‘if true.’”

Read more at breitbart.com ...

Live look at the MSM after this BuzzFeed story

images

That's all very funny.

So, according to the Trumpletons, Robert "Witch Hunt" Mueller is now the epitome, the very decider of truthfulness.

Seemingly, Carr's rebuttal only tangentially affects the BuzzFeed article:

“BuzzFeed’s description of specific statements to the Special Counsel’s Office, and characterization of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen’s Congressional testimony are not accurate,” Carr said.​

Now, let's look at the BuzzFeed article, keeping in mind that Carr isn't disputing the "specific statements" occurred, and neither that Mueller has obtained "documents and testimony" on the matter:

President Donald Trump directed his longtime attorney Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about negotiations to build a Trump Tower in Moscow, according to two federal law enforcement officials involved in an investigation of the matter. [...]

The special counsel’s office learned about Trump’s directive for Cohen to lie to Congress through interviews with multiple witnesses from the Trump Organization and internal company emails, text messages, and a cache of other documents. Cohen then acknowledged those instructions during his interviews with that office.​

Now, what about the above may have been mis-described or mis-characterized? Did Mafia Don actually direct Cohen "to lie"? Or did he rather say, "It'd be rather unfortunate if Congress-critters were to get away with the impression that our Russia deal was still in the making while primaries were going on," or something to that effect. Still, Cohen, useful underling he used to be, knew exactly what he had to do, and he lied to Congress on behalf of the Mafia Don. Also of note, that very same Mafia Don - following his invincible aversion to all half-truths, untruths, or misleading statements - didn't see fit to correct his underling, and to set the record straight with Congress, say, that Cohen's testimony to the effect that negotiations ended in January was erroneous.

So, yes, Cohen was lying to Congress on the Mafia Don's behalf, and the Mafia Don let it stand; BuzzFeed probably should not have said the Mafia Don explicitly directed Cohen to lie. Because that's what Mafia Dons do not do.

That's all very funny.

So, according to the Trumpletons, Robert "Witch Hunt" Mueller is now the epitome, the very decider of truthfulness.

“BuzzFeed’s description of specific statements to the Special Counsel’s Office, and characterization of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen’s Congressional testimony are not accurate,” Carr said.​

Now, let's look at the BuzzFeed article, keeping in mind that Carr isn't disputing the "specific statements" occurred, and neither that Mueller has obtained "documents and testimony" on the matter:

President Donald Trump directed his longtime attorney Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about negotiations to build a Trump Tower in Moscow, according to two federal law enforcement officials involved in an investigation of the matter. [...]

The special counsel’s office learned about Trump’s directive for Cohen to lie to Congress through interviews with multiple witnesses from the Trump Organization and internal company emails, text messages, and a cache of other documents. Cohen then acknowledged those instructions during his interviews with that office.​

Now, what about the above may have been mis-described or mis-characterized? Did Mafia Don actually direct Cohen "to lie"? Or did he rather say, "It'd be rather unfortunate if Congress-critters were to get away with the impression that our Russia deal was still in the making while primaries were going on," or something to that effect. Still, Cohen, useful underling he used to be, knew exactly what he had to do, and he lied to Congress on behalf of the Mafia Don. Also of note, that very same Mafia Don - following his invincible aversion to all half-truths, untruths, or misleading statements - didn't see fit to correct his underling, and to set the record straight with Congress, say, that Cohen's testimony to the effect that negotiations ended in January was erroneous.

So, yes, Cohen was lying to Congress on the Mafia Don's behalf, and the Mafia Don let it stand; BuzzFeed probably should not have said the Mafia Don explicitly directed Cohen to lie. Because that's what Mafia Dons do not do.

The Buzzfeed article described suborning of perjury, aka obstruction. The Mueller clarification says that there was no direct suborning or obstruction, I think Mueller had to clarify that there is no slam dunk for impeachment.

The comic high point of this whole sad situation is watching the wingers on both ends go full-on drama queen over every little leak and internet rumor.

As usual.

Hmmm. You’re not a winger, so please tell us if you think the statement from Mueller exonerates the president and renders the Buzzfeed reporting totally false. In other words, do you believe that the Buzzfeed reporters faked the news.

Clearly stating your opinion on that matter won’t make you a drama queen, right?

That's all very funny.

The Buzzfeed article described suborning of perjury, aka obstruction. The Mueller clarification says that there was no direct suborning or obstruction, I think Mueller had to clarify that there is no slam dunk for impeachment.

The Mueller clarification said no such thing.

Yep, my conclusion also was that Carr's statement was a carefully crafted warning to Congress not to go overboard with the BuzzFeed article.

On the other hand, were there any report anywhere on the internet that Hillary directed an underling to lie to Congress, you'd be running with that story for decades to come, any and all warnings to the contrary notwithstanding.

Forum List

Back