MU journalism faculty voting to reconsider Click's courtesy appointment

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Missouri professor who asked for muscle to remove journalist is now being considered for dismissal as well she should be. Her actions are unprofessional and completely inappropriate for a faculty member.

Click was seen at the end of the video asking for assistance and for "muscle" to remove Mark Schierbecker, who filmed the interaction and uploaded his footage to YouTube.

Kurpius and Esther Thorson, the journalism school's associate dean for graduate studies, characterized Click's actions as a clear violation of First Amendment rights. Kurpius said taking actions that might escalate a peaceful protest was "unwarranted."

UPDATE: MU journalism faculty voting to reconsider Click's courtesy appointment

Public property. They should be fired and arrested.

I notice no cops showed up. Good. Fuck em.

f83e13fc005394433a6a76a793f11042.jpg

All these liberals want is their "safe space". They actually say it in the U of M video.

Sing it folks......."In my saaaafe space....."

Missouri professor who asked for muscle to remove journalist is now being considered for dismissal as well she should be. Her actions are unprofessional and completely inappropriate for a faculty member.

Click was seen at the end of the video asking for assistance and for "muscle" to remove Mark Schierbecker, who filmed the interaction and uploaded his footage to YouTube.

Kurpius and Esther Thorson, the journalism school's associate dean for graduate studies, characterized Click's actions as a clear violation of First Amendment rights. Kurpius said taking actions that might escalate a peaceful protest was "unwarranted."

UPDATE: MU journalism faculty voting to reconsider Click's courtesy appointment
Don't know the full story but she seems like a jerk. Next...

"Melissa Click, a communications professor at the University of Missouri who has been under fire this week for starting an altercation with journalists on campus, released a statement Tuesday apologizing for her behavior.

Click said she he realized her actions inappropriate after reviewing a video that shows her attempting to lead students to block reporters from accessing an area where activists were stationed. The incident happened during a day "full of emotion and confusion," she said.

"I have reached out to the journalists involved to offer my sincere apologies and to express regret over my actions," Click said in the statement provided to The Huffington Post. "I regret the language and strategies I used, and sincerely apologize to the MU campus community, and journalists at large, for my behavior, and also for the way my actions have shifted attention away from the students’ campaign for justice. My actions were shaped by exasperation with a few spirited reporters."
Melissa Click Issues Apology For Confrontation With Reporters

And there you go, she thought she was a jerk as well...

She will be, and should be, convicted.

She took the law into her hands.

Forum List

Back