MSM Glosses Over Irony Of Global Warming Scientists Trapped In Antarctic Ice

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
If AGW is "settled science," then why is the Lamestream Media always trying so hard to cover up any evidence that contradicts their pet cause de jour?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnHEXYnv9Yk&feature=youtu.be]MSM Glosses Over Irony Of Global Warming Scientists Trapped In Antarctic Ice - YouTube[/ame]

Somewhere far, far to the south where it is summer, a group of global warming scientists are trapped in the Antarctic ice. If you missed the irony of that situation, it is because much of the mainstream media has glossed over that rather inconvenient bit of hilarity. As an example here is an Associated Press story that avoids mentioning the real mission of the scientists aboard the icebound Russian ship:

The Snow Dragon icebreaker came within 7 miles (11 kilometers) of the Russian ship MV Akademik Shokalskiy, which has been stuck since Christmas Eve, but had to retreat after the ice became too thick, said expedition spokesman Alvin Stone.

The Akademik Shokalskiy, which has been on a research expedition to Antarctica, got stuck Tuesday after a blizzard's whipping winds pushed the sea ice around the ship, freezing it in place. The ship wasn't in danger of sinking, and there are weeks' worth of supplies for the 74 scientists, tourists and crew on board, but the vessel cannot move.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been in the news for days. I've seen the story from various news resources. They all mention the fact that global warming scientist are conducting tests. Some of these articles are four days old!
BBC News - China icebreaker fails to reach stuck Antarctic ship
Chinese icebreaker stalled en route to stranded ship - CNN.com
Antarctic expedition scientists trapped in ice | World news | The Guardian
http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit.../travel/news/...trapped...antarctica/4219215/
Ever think to check out Google before you drop a piece like your OP just to make sure it's accurate?

It's been in the news for days. I've seen the story from various news resources. They all mention the fact that global warming scientist are conducting tests. Some of these articles are four days old!
http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit.../travel/news/...trapped...antarctica/4219215/
Ever think to check out Google before you drop a piece like your OP just to make sure it's accurate?

rhetorical right? Damn the media for covering this up!

Only one of your articles mentions anything about the AGW research purpose of the trip.

Eventually it'll be spun into something like this...

"Experts have now determined that global warming caused extreme evaporation of the worlds oceans between the Tropics of Capricorn and Cancer. The resultant effect caused Antarctica to shift further into the shadow from the sun, thereby causing further ice buildup and trapping the ill-fated Chinese icebreaker..."

- New York Times

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox

Only one of your articles mentions anything about the AGW research purpose of the trip.

Let's see, the BBC article states; "Although trapped for the moment, the scientists are continuing their experiments. They have been measuring temperature and salinity through cracks in the surrounding ice."
The CNN article; "The vessel is fine, it's safe and everyone on board is very well," expedition leader Chris Turney, a professor of climate change at University of New South Wales in Australia told CNN. "Morale is really high."
The Guardian included; "When the ship is free from the ice, expected by the weekend, this modern incarnation of the AAE will continue on to the Southern Ocean and will return to Bluff via a stop on Macquarie Island to carry out a short programme of wildlife, oceanography and climate research."

They were called 'scientists' in one article, 'climate change scientists' in another and 'climate scientists in another. No mention of 'global warming scientists' so you lied!
Ever think about telling the truth?

They will now claim fossil fuels are leading to global cooling like they did in the 70s....

Actually, nobody said that in the 1970's.

While there was a minor school of thought that suspected that the glaciers might start advancing again soon (which is to say, within thousands of years), most people were concerned with global warming back then.

Eventually it'll be spun into something like this...

"Experts have now determined that global warming caused extreme evaporation of the worlds oceans between the Tropics of Capricorn and Cancer. The resultant effect caused Antarctica to shift further into the shadow from the sun, thereby causing further ice buildup and trapping the ill-fated Chinese icebreaker..."

- New York Times

LOL

exactly

They will now claim fossil fuels are leading to global cooling like they did in the 70s....

yep. anthropogenic global warming will change into anthropogenic global cooling, but the constant of the lie are always fossil fuels :D

They were called 'scientists' in one article, 'climate change scientists' in another and 'climate scientists in another. No mention of 'global warming scientists' so you lied!
Ever think about telling the truth?

I included quotes from the articles with post #6, just to make it easy for some of you folks.
Too tall, I always strive to be truthful. As a non-partisan/moderate, I don't use talking points as facts because I don't go anyplace or listen to anything that would the source of partisan talking points.
My quotes back what I posted. Anyone with reading comprehension skills can easily see. that.

Can we just get back to how ironic this is ?

I mean, isn't this hysterical ? Not that it proves anything...it's just funny.

Can we just get back to how ironic this is ?

I mean, isn't this hysterical ? Not that it proves anything...it's just funny.

I guess if you think conversationists being eaten by lions is funny, yeah, that's hilarious.

You probably consider "Grizzly Man" to be a comedy.
Conversationists being eaten by lions? It does sound like a joke actually.:lol:

Forum List

Back