Mrs. Clinton's legacy, Russia, ISIS, and the ME in flames

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Maybe the reset button wasn't a reset button at all but a detonator set to turn the middle east into an inferno. If so she was successful. Is so maybe this if the accomplishment she can claim.

My Way News - Russia confounds US with Syria military moves

NEW YORK (AP) — Now, 1,506 days since the Obama administration first declared that Syrian President Bashar Assad's "days are numbered," he's still there, and a convergence of Western trepidation and Russian resolve could strengthen his position further. But it also could set the stage for a long-sought political transition leading to the end of the Assad family's 45-year rule.

In either case, Assad's Russian and Iranian backers could arguably claim victory.

But there's also a painful third possibility. Russia's decision to intervene with airstrikes this week could just prolong and exacerbate an already brutal conflict that has spawned the largest refugee crisis since World War II and helped the rise of the radical Islamic State group that, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov says, aims to establish a caliphate from "Portugal to Pakistan."

The Obama administration has been criticized, first for a hesitating response to the civil war over the past four years and now for its hesitance to take a firm position on Russia's moves.

Last edited:
The GOP is lucky Bush and the GOP had nothing to do with all that mess.

GOP working hard trying to not own their shit in ME....

YOU STARTED A WAR BY LYING

People got killed & trillions were wasted but now you want to blame Democrats.

Assholes who never own up.

GOP working hard trying to not own their shit in ME....

YOU STARTED A WAR BY LYING

People got killed & trillions were wasted but now you want to blame Democrats.

Assholes who never own up.

I would have personnally not voted for war in Iraq is asked, not like the democrat front runner did.

Even with colitions deaths after combat operations the casualty rate was much less then what the surrender monkeys on the left predicted.

Iraq's government still stands and although they could be more effective their army has held off ISIS and still controls the country.

Women still vote in Iraq.

The Kurds still love GWB for saving them from WMD.

Every account i have read ISIS formed out of Syria not Iraq because to the power vacuum OBAMA help create by leading from the rear.

The surrender monkeys on the left have the problem realizing that Obama's policy war by drone has did exactly what they said Bush was doing, a recruitment drive for our enemies.

So although I am no longer a Republican being conservative on the right I will take responsibility for freeing Iraq. But that was well over 10 years ago an well before the crap we are seeing today which was helped along by a vacillating foreign policy.

The people of the ME (Iraq, Syria, Yemen, etc.) don't view the destruction of their lives through the prism of the American political system. To them it is not pubs or dems, it's Americans that are perpetuating the chaos. Your government is doing this in your name regardless of your political affiliation. You've been divided and now you are being played and millions are suffering due to our inability to see thru the bullshit and hold our government responsible in any meaningful way.

Maybe the reset button wasn't a reset button at all but a detonator set to turn the middle east into an inferno. If so she was successful. Is so maybe this if the accomplishment she can claim.
Yes, I am one who believes the reset button was actually a detonator, that what is playing out in the ME was not entirely unintended.

If Person A doesn't drive the car into the lake, Person B doesn't have a massive mess to clean up.

If we hadn't invaded and occupied Iraq and taken out Saddam, Obama would be dealing with an entirely different playing field.

And that doesn't even take into account thousands of young American lives, thousands more young American limbs and minds, and a trillion or two that we still have to pay back.

If Person A doesn't drive the car into the lake, Person B doesn't have a massive mess to clean up.

If we hadn't invaded and occupied Iraq and taken out Saddam, Obama would be dealing with an entirely different playing field.

And that doesn't even take into account thousands of young American lives, thousands more young American limbs and minds, and a trillion or two that we still have to pay back.
I wouldn't characterize destroying Libya and exacerbating tensions in Syria as "cleaning up".

I wouldn't characterize destroying Libya and exacerbating tensions in Syria as "cleaning up".
It may turn out that Obama screws up. But either way, he had to deal with a massive mess from Day One that he didn't cause, and in fact voted against.

It may turn out that Obama screws up. But either way, he had to deal with a massive mess from Day One that he didn't cause, and in fact voted against.
When Obama took office he had a choice to continue running the neo-con strategy or abandon it and act like the person the people voted for. He made the wrong choice.

When Obama took office he had a choice to continue running the neo-con strategy or abandon it and act like the person the people voted for. He made the wrong choice.
It may be that's true.

But again, he didn't cause the mess in the first place.

Libya? You mean the country that killed American civilians?

It may be that's true.

But again, he didn't cause the mess in the first place.
The majority of Americans were unable to see thru Bush's bullshit but we had a vote and it was voted for by America. In Libya we got no vote. We got a say on Syria and we rejected involvement, yet our involvement has continued " covertly". I put that in parentheses because it should be obvious to every American what is being done. Willful ignorance does not provide moral cover.

Libya? You mean the country that killed American civilians?
I understand, you are a cheerleader for team democrat. Yay, go team.

Forum List

Back