Movies that are widely popular that you just don't like.

oh, hell, skipping school isn't THAT bad...I did it (more often than you would think), still got my homework in on time, never studied, and still graduated a semester early with a A-/B+ average (depends on the grade curve used) on the work program.

hell, I still play hookie from work every so often.

Ummm, you wouldn't want to know my high school attendance rate. :shocked1: Trust me, you couldn't have come close. In retrospect, I blame it on claustrophobia, there were over 1400 kids in my graduating class, more in my brother's class the year behind mine. The school was built for capacity of 1600. We had 8 'shifts' during the day.

Teachers could not hold students accountable for homework, only tests and quizzes counted, (I think they wanted kids to leave). I managed to get by with mostly B's, a few A's, and some C's. All I can say is that I was lucky to be a voracious reader, since I did manage to get through all thre required material plus some. (I'm pretty sure I missed some important things in the classroom. ;) )

so-called popular movies i cannot stand:

*Pulp Fiction (who cares what they call Mcd's food in Europe?)
*Kill Bill 1&2 ('nuff said)
*The Matrix (anyone who says they didn't leave the theater confused is a LIAR)
*The Fast & The Furious (aka Point Break but with stupid looking cars instead of surfboards, I also call this movie "The Gay & the Bi-Curious")
*Saving Private Ryan
*Star Wars Episodes 1 & 2 (first two sucked, so i never saw #3, don't care to)

i know there's more, but i can't think of them right now...

Im so glad you said Star Wars, I wasn't brave enough to add that to my list.. I figured all the men would pelt me with rocks, for some reason men LOVE those movies. The effects were okay but the storylines and characters seem so juvenile and much more suited for little boys not grown men.

Im so glad you said Star Wars, I wasn't brave enough to add that to my list.. I figured all the men would pelt me with rocks, for some reason men LOVE those movies. The effects were okay but the storylines and characters seem so juvenile and much more suited for little boys not grown men.

:chains: :shocked1: :flameth: :gross2: :funnyface

any movie with barbara steisand in it

any slasher flick

any michael moore film

any "art" film

anything with subtitles

oh and titanic sucked....the little fooker didn't drown soon enough....kate should have pushed him under

For those who don't like Pulp Fiction or the Kill Bill's, just say you don't like Tarrantino movies.

Then we'll know you summarily lack taste :gang1:

And fuzzy, what's wrong with being confused when you leave a movie?

That's what made fight club so great; the 2nd time you watched it was an entirely different experience.

any movie with barbara steisand in it

any slasher flick

any michael moore film

any "art" film

anything with subtitles

oh and titanic sucked....the little fooker didn't drown soon enough....kate should have pushed him under

Then again he could have used Kate as a flotation device:thup:

I can't believe people were confused by the Matirx. If you want a movie that will seriously confuse you go watch Donnie Darko. If you don't say "what the hell just happend?" at the end of that movie you weren't watching Donnie Darko

I can't believe people were confused by the Matirx. If you want a movie that will seriously confuse you go watch Donnie Darko. If you don't say "what the hell just happend?" at the end of that movie you weren't watching Donnie Darko
I'm with you. Perhaps she was confused 'cuz she walked out of it early...

Yeah, I've watched Donnie Darko five times, and still don't understand it all that much.

As for the Matrix, the first one wasn't confusing at all, and it was a perfect standalone movie. However, since the Wachowskis had their trilogy "planned all along" (BS!), they had to make the story more convoluted in the second one. The second one confused me to the point that I didn't care about the third one at all.

Any grown man that likes Star Wars only likes it because they loved it when they were kids. No matter what the nerds say, they're kids movies.

so-called popular movies i cannot stand:

*Pulp Fiction (who cares what they call Mcd's food in Europe?)

But, that's not what the scene was about. It was about two hitmen going on a job and talking about the same random crap that any other person doing a random job would talk about. He was humanizing otherwise inhuman characters, the same way they used to do in the '30s crime noir films that he was homaging.

*Kill Bill 1&2 ('nuff said)

This and Pulp Fiction are two of my favorite films of all time. Was it just the violence that got you? Because compared to the average Asian action movie, Kill Bill was VERY tame.

*The Matrix (anyone who says they didn't leave the theater confused is a LIAR)

Here's how I rate the Matrixes (Matrices?).

First one: A
Second one: F
Third one: D+

*The Fast & The Furious (aka Point Break but with stupid looking cars instead of surfboards, I also call this movie "The Gay & the Bi-Curious")

I agree with you here. I guess I wouldn't consider that a movie I "hate" per se, if only because there are so many movies like that, it's not worth the energy to hate them all.

*Saving Private Ryan

Really? I think this is the best war movie of all time.

*Star Wars Episodes 1 & 2 (first two sucked, so i never saw #3, don't care to)

Never saw the first one. Saw the third one in theaters. Yeah, Lucas owes me $8.

Three words: Jar Jar Binks.

Also, the Ewoks, C-3PO and R2-D2, the pod race.....

On a more focused level, the Harry Potter movies exist in a dark world where people really die and the heroes really are fighting for their lives. The Star Wars movies are set up in such a manner that you know Luke and Han can never die because they're the heroes and it's a movie. Episode III is the only thing that didn't seem geared toward 8 year olds, and that was geared toward 12 year olds.

Three words: Jar Jar Binks.

Also, the Ewoks, C-3PO and R2-D2, the pod race.....

On a more focused level, the Harry Potter movies exist in a dark world where people really die and the heroes really are fighting for their lives. The Star Wars movies are set up in such a manner that you know Luke and Han can never die because they're the heroes and it's a movie. Episode III is the only thing that didn't seem geared toward 8 year olds, and that was geared toward 12 year olds.
Sorry should have specified. I don't really consider the recent three star wars movies as star wars movies. They're something else.

So the key ingredient to a kids movie is knowing the hero won't die? Isn't it pretty safe to say Harry Potter isn't going to die?

Forum List

Back