Movie scenes that make you shake your head "Dante's Peak" 1997

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
The characters portrayed by Pierce Broslain and Linda Hamilton are escaping an active volcano in a pickup truck and opt to drive across a live lava flow. They get stuck and still get through it. Talk about "go around don't drown", my guess is that the tires would immediately erupt in flame along with the rest of the vehicle.

This is the thriving metropolis of Wallace, Idaho, where Dante's Peak was filmed:

wallace15.jpg

I was there in '13 and then again this past April. Nice little town with a really good brewery...

beer01.jpg

Highly recommend stopping if you find yourself on I-90...

It looks like they used a lot of Mt. St. Helen's old vids but there wasn't any lava in that eruption.

This is the thriving metropolis of Wallace, Idaho, where Dante's Peak was filmed:

View attachment 532877

I was there in '13 and then again this past April. Nice little town with a really good brewery...

View attachment 532882

Highly recommend stopping if you find yourself on I-90...
I used to live in Burke..so I know Wallace and the Silver valley area well.
That is good beer..but don't drink the water..the whole area is a Super-fund cleanup site.

I used to live in Burke..so I know Wallace and the Silver valley area well.
That is good beer..but don't drink the water..the whole area is a Super-fund cleanup site.
I love that movie; I've seen it at least four times. I mean, hey, Pierce Brosnan in his prime, you know? Huh, maybe I'll watch it again soon. :)

Forum List

Back