Most Haunted Places On Earth...

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
I stumbled upon this website earlier this evening. It lists what are considered (by someone, anyway) to be the 30 most haunted places on the planet:

World's Most Haunted Places

Of the ones on this list, I've been to the following:

• The Queen Mary in Long Beach, California - no paranormal experiences
  • Casa Loma in Toronto - no paranormal experiences
  • Fairmont Banff Springs in Banff, Alberta - no paranormal experiences
  • St. Augustine Lighthouse in St. Augustine, Florida - several paranormal experiences
  • Edinburg Castle in Edinburgh, Scotland - no paranormal experiences
  • Kehoe House in Savannah, Georgia - one paranormal experience
  • Gettysburg Batgtlefield in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania - two paranormal experiences

The one place listed that's on my bucket list is Poveglia in Venice, Italy. It's illegal to go there, but there are those people who'll take you there for the right amount of money. Mind you, they drop you off and leave, and then come back and get you, but they'll still take you there...

When I was a kid/teen I was a ghost hunter. I lurked graveyards, old houses, accident scenes and anyplace else that had a creepy factor. Never saw anything ghostly. No such thing as ghosts. You die and it all goes dark.

When I was a kid/teen I was a ghost hunter. I lurked graveyards, old houses, accident scenes and anyplace else that had a creepy factor.

The house I grew up in on Long Island was built in 1787. There was weird shit that happened there from time to time. The one ghost I absolutely know was in that house was the ghost of Kim, one of our Great Danes. The old, wooden stair made a very distinctive sound when Kim would go up or down those stairs; different than the other dogs or any person. Kim died in 1973, and I heard those steps creak under her until I left that house and joined the Navy in 1981.

There was an old church a few hundred yards down the road from our house. The steeple still has holes in it, alledgedly, from the Revolutionary War. The graveyard dates back to the mid-1700's, and many of Long Island's founding families are laid to rest there. It's spooky as fuck but, oddly, I never once had any sort of experience there...

Never saw anything ghostly. No such thing as ghosts. You die and it all goes dark.

I do believe in ghosts. I've just experienced a little too much weirdness in my 60 years to believe they don't...

The house I grew up in on Long Island was built in 1787. There was weird shit that happened there from time to time. The one ghost I absolutely know was in that house was the ghost of Kim, one of our Great Danes. The old, wooden stair made a very distinctive sound when Kim would go up or down those stairs; different than the other dogs or any person. Kim died in 1973, and I heard those steps creak under her until I left that house and joined the Navy in 1981.

There was an old church a few hundred yards down the road from our house. The steeple still has holes in it, alledgedly, from the Revolutionary War. The graveyard dates back to the mid-1700's, and many of Long Island's founding families are laid to rest there. It's spooky as fuck but, oddly, I never once had any sort of experience there...

I do believe in ghosts. I've just experienced a little too much weirdness in my 60 years to believe they don't...
I've experienced things I cannot explain as well but they are mostly weird coincidences rather than anything that seems overtly supernatural. The former owner died in the house I live in now just a few months before I moved in. He was a mean and ornery cuss that killed neighborhood pets that wondered into the yard and abused his wife and kids in these very rooms. The stories all say people like that become earthbound ghosts but I haven't seen him around.

I stumbled upon this website earlier this evening. It lists what are considered (by someone, anyway) to be the 30 most haunted places on the planet:

• St. Augustine Lighthouse in St. Augustine, Florida - several paranormal experiences
  • Gettysburg Batgtlefield in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania - two paranormal experiences

The one place listed that's on my bucket list is Poveglia in Venice, Italy. It's illegal to go there, but there are those people who'll take you there for the right amount of money. Mind you, they drop you off and leave, and then come back and get you, but they'll still take you there...

Here's the grandpappy of all haunted houses....
Transylvania, Dracula's Castle:
1658633207553.png

Here's the grandpappy of all haunted houses....
Transylvania, Dracula's Castle:
View attachment 673926

There's nothing at the link which talks about anything paranormal. I'm familiar with the castle, and the legend, but like the article states Vlad The Impaler never stepped foot in the castle. His only association with it is tenuous, at best, through the writings of Bram Stoker and his use of Vlad as the basis for his villain.

Of course, with all that said, it is a 14th century castle, so there's gotta' be some sketchy shit goin' on...

I've experienced things I cannot explain as well but they are mostly weird coincidences rather than anything that seems overtly supernatural. The former owner died in the house I live in now just a few months before I moved in. He was a mean and ornery cuss that killed neighborhood pets that wondered into the yard and abused his wife and kids in these very rooms. The stories all say people like that become earthbound ghosts but I haven't seen him around.

A key problem in the hunt for supernatural experience is the catch 22 of seeking such things on your own and in a group. If visiting such places as you describe all alone, any paranormal experience could be chalked up to the psychological trauma of threatening locations or negative physiological manifestations due to any toxic dust or mold. The same possible explanations hold for ghost hunting in groups with the additional possibility of mass hysteria or group member influence in claimed sightings of an apparition.

I often tell the story of my sole (possible) ghost sighting which happened while I was serving in the US Army. I was part of an OPFOR "werewolf" unit stationed at Fort Irwin, CA tasked with hunting and "killing" other Army units in training rotations through NTC or the National Training Center.

One night we were deep out in the Mojave Desert bivouacked between two mountains which stood several hundred yards apart. Myself and another guy were on guard duty. We decided to climb up one of the mountains for a better vantage point beneath a crazy bright full moon. The mountain we chose to climb was sort of stepped—like it had several rock shelfs or levels ascending up its side. After reaching a shelf near the summit we started fooling around with an infrared scope mounted to a rifle. We smelled smoke and saw what appeared to be a large bonfire way high up on the side of the opposite mountain. No military unit, visiting the area for training or otherwise, would have built a fire because everyone participating in the training cycle was trying to avoid detection; light discipline and all that.

Through the binoculars I could clearly see the bonfire and lots of dancing shadows from the flames.

Here's where it gets really interesting.

When we took turns looking at the bonfire through the infrared scope we thought we saw several people garbed in head to toe robes dancing around it. When I say, "Thought we saw," well, to this day I am pretty damn sure, but you know how memories fade and change over the years. This happened back in 1993.

Anyway, we saw the bonfire go out eventually and the moon went behind clouds and our guard duty shift ended and we we bedded down on the desert floor—a bit terrified. The next day we rationalized the whole thing as likely having been some kind of psychological operation or trick pulled to scare the shit out of visiting Army units who'd never been to the desert or base before. Of course, that particular explanation still failed to explain the visibility of people dressed in robes dancing around a fire in infrared who were invisible to the naked eye.

It's something I'll never forget but . . . it was whatever it was. A trick of fire and moonlight and shadow. The product of two young, overtired minds. Who knows.

Washington DC is haunted...

By Lenin and Stalin.

Very creepy too!o_O
Creepier yet is Speaker Pelosi who took Hillary's lies in the Steel Dossier and impeached Trump for things he never did, things they couldn't pull up a shred of physical evidence that he broke any laws in a House investigation, a Senate investigation, a year-long Mueller investigation that found no collusion with Russia that Hillary's paid for dossier made 100% false allegations that could not be backed up using the FBI, CIA, Special Services, and the Military's several branches. It was a lie, a farce, and a false narrative, 100%. Also creepy is Senate Leader Schumer who threatened two Supreme Court Justices with destruction so swift Schumer said "You'll never know what hit you." Schumer and Pelosi ought to be in jail for lying, improper impeachment, madcow spending to damage a sitting President's reputation and that of his staff, who were stalked by a Pelosi associate, California Rep. Maxine Waters and her minions she was recorded coaching on them stalking Trump staff, business associates, family members, and others, for which I hope they are tried and convicted of treason against President Trump who was found not guilty by so much as an overdue parking ticket. What a creepy bunch of fruitcakes that makes all Congressmen and Congresswomen, alive and well Senators look like they're creepy too. That really not right. There has never been worse backstabbing in America's history, which the Democrats want to destroy as well. We need to get the deep state liars out of public office for abuse of power.

There's nothing at the link which talks about anything paranormal. I'm familiar with the castle, and the legend, but like the article states Vlad The Impaler never stepped foot in the castle. His only association with it is tenuous, at best, through the writings of Bram Stoker and his use of Vlad as the basis for his villain.

Of course, with all that said, it is a 14th century castle, so there's gotta' be some sketchy shit goin' on...
Sorry, I read words that claimed the Transylvanian home of count Dracula was the world's most haunted house. There were more than one pages at my link that elaborated on paranormal activity.

I scrolled down, and there are a number of different links on the main page: Dracula's Castle - Discovering the Story Behind the Myth -

Creepier yet is Speaker Pelosi who took Hillary's lies in the Steel Dossier and impeached Trump for things he never did, things they couldn't pull up a shred of physical evidence that he broke any laws in a House investigation, a Senate investigation, a year-long Mueller investigation that found no collusion with Russia that Hillary's paid for dossier made 100% false allegations that could not be backed up using the FBI, CIA, Special Services, and the Military's several branches. It was a lie, a farce, and a false narrative, 100%. Also creepy is Senate Leader Schumer who threatened two Supreme Court Justices with destruction so swift Schumer said "You'll never know what hit you." Schumer and Pelosi ought to be in jail for lying, improper impeachment, madcow spending to damage a sitting President's reputation and that of his staff, who were stalked by a Pelosi associate, California Rep. Maxine Waters and her minions she was recorded coaching on them stalking Trump staff, business associates, family members, and others, for which I hope they are tried and convicted of treason against President Trump who was found not guilty by so much as an overdue parking ticket. What a creepy bunch of fruitcakes that makes all Congressmen and Congresswomen, alive and well Senators look like they're creepy too. That really not right. There has never been worse backstabbing in America's history, which the Democrats want to destroy as well. We need to get the deep state liars out of public office for abuse of power.
:rolleyes:

Of course, that particular explanation still failed to explain the visibility of people dressed in robes dancing around a fire in infrared who were invisible to the naked eye.

This is a photo I took on June 2, 2010. The location is the El Campo Cemetery in the Old Town section of San Diego. I have no idea what it is:

4667544079_33ceeb4610_o.jpg

I took the photo with a Canon G10. It was late, and only my friend and I were in the cemetery. Being it was a Wednesday, there weren't too many people out. There were no cars which passed while I was taking the photo, and there were no street lights which would've caused this (on the bottom right you can see the shadows made by the street lights).

My buddy was a good 40 feet off to my left. The camera was placed on a cement pillar for the 15 second exposure, as there was no way I would hold it steady for that long.

I was about 15 feet from the wrought iron fencing shown in the image.

This original file of this image has been examined by the San Diego Paranormal Research Society, West Coast Paranormal, the photography department at the San Diego field office of the FBI (a friend is an agent there) and even James Randi, who was a noted paranormal skeptic (he passed away two years ago).

None of them found any evidence of tampering. While none of them could definitively say what it was, they also could not definitively state that the image wasn't genuine (which, I assure you, it is).

To this day I don't know what the Hell it is. Many have suggested it's the ghost of Anna Whaley, who was a local resident in San Diego and who lived just a short way up the road.

I just present it as it is and let others decide for themselves.

It's amazing what our electronic gadgets will see that we cannot...

Thank you for this information!

Forum List

Back