More too little too late

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
Trump Declassifies FBIā€™s Russia Conspiracy-theory Investigation

Mere hours before the end of his presidency, President Trump ordered the declassification of important documents about the Federal Bureau of Investigationā€™s Crossfire Hurricane ā€œinvestigationā€ ā€” a phony probe into baseless conspiracy theories peddled by Deep State Democrats and Obama officials claiming alleged ā€œcollusionā€ between Russia and the Trump campaign. The disclosures made so far about ā€œRussiagateā€ and ā€œObamagateā€ provide more damning evidence about the out-of-control corruption within the Obama FBI and the Department of Justice. More is expected in the months ahead.

Still, the news was a major disappointment to Trump supporters, who pleaded with the president to declassify everything about the probe and other issues, with the exception of critical national-security information that could potentially harm the United States. Grassroots Trump supporters were hoping the president would also declassify documents exposing the CIA, the Deep State, additional evidence of election fraud, federal support for terror groups during previous administrations, unconstitutional spying on Americans, more details on the murder of JFK, and much more.

I wonder who (follow the money see the agenda) doesn't want the JFK files declassified?

• Banned
Federal Censorship Protects Leviathanā€™s Crimes

Ever since the 9/11 attacks, Republicans and Democrats have conspired to keep Americans increasingly ignorant of what the federal government does. The number of secret federal documents skyrocketed, and any information that was classified supposedly cannot be exposed without dooming the nation.

Politicians and federal agencies recognize that ā€œwhat people donā€™t know wonā€™t hurt the government.ā€ James Madison, the father of the Constitution, declared in 1798 that ā€œthe right of freely examining public characters and measures, and of free communication among the people thereon ā€¦ has ever been justly deemed, the only effectual guardian of every other right.ā€ But this right has faded badly in recent decades. During the 2020 Senate impeachment trial of Donald Trump, Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer warned that if the Senate did not vote to hear witnesses, ā€œthis country is headed towards the greatest cover-up since Watergate.ā€

Actually, ā€œconventional wisdomā€ in the nationā€™s capital is often the result of cover-ups, ignorance, and servility. Daniel Ellsberg, who risked life in prison to leak the Pentagon Papers, observed in 2002, ā€œIt is a commonplace that ā€˜you canā€™t keep secrets in Washingtonā€™ or ā€˜in a democracy.ā€™ ā€¦ These truisms are flatly falseā€¦. The overwhelming majority of secrets do not leak to the American public.ā€

Since the 1990s, the number of documents classified annually by federal agencies increased more than tenfold. In 2004, Rep. Chris Shays (R-Conn.) derided the federal classification system as ā€œincomprehensibly complexā€ and ā€œso bloated it often does not distinguish between the critically important and the comically irrelevant.ā€ The New York Times reported in 2005 that federal agencies were ā€œclassifying documents at the rate of 125 a minute as they create new categories of semi-secrets bearing vague labels like ā€˜sensitive security information.ā€™ā€

The more information the government withholds, the easier it becomes to stampede people with deceptive disclosures. As a federal appeals court warned in 2002, ā€œWhen government begins closing doors, it selectively controls information rightfully belonging to the people. Selective information is misinformation.ā€ The current classification system combines the worst aspects of cover-ups and arbitrary power.

Classification can be a political flag of convenience that politicians exploit to dominate the media. New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd observed in 2006 that ā€œthe entire Iraq war was paved by [Bush administration] leaks. Cheney & Co. were so busy trying to prove a mushroom cloud was emanating from Saddamā€™s direction, they could not leak their cherry-picked stories fast enough.ā€ Bush administration disclosures of sensitive information were often handed on a silver platter to pliant journalists. Newsweekā€™s Richard Wolffe explained the Bush White House method: ā€œThey declassify when they feel like it. Iā€™ve been with senior administration officials who have just decided to declassify something in front of me because itā€™s bolstering their argument.ā€

Under Obama

I posted this article yesterday and nary a soul read it- imagine that. Everyone knows all there is to know about everything there is to know anything about- and have the audacity to believe they're informed- SMH

• Banned
Declassify the post-9/11 torture program

As Joe Biden settles into his presidency, in addition to facing a pandemic and economic crisis, he will hear demands for accountability. If President Biden is going to help restore a robust commitment to the rule of law, he will need to reach further back than Donald Trump and the mob that stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6. He will also need to address the abuses that followed the 9/11 attacks ā€” specifically, the CIA-run torture program.

When President Obama took office, he immediately acted to end the torture program and close the secret CIA detention facilities. But he pledged to ā€œlook forward, as opposed to looking backward,ā€ a folksy remark that signaled a widespread policy. Not only has almost no one been held to account for detainee abuse, the torture program itself remains classified.

snip

After the 9/11 attacks, the CIA created a program of ā€œrendition, detention and interrogationā€ that included authorizations for ā€” and the actual commission of ā€” multiple criminal acts including kidnaping, torture, assault, sexual assault and other offenses. In 2012, the Senate Intelligence Committee completed a sweeping, 6,000-plus page report on the program. The executive summary, more than 500 pages released in 2014, was declassified in part, leaving a network of redactions that shielded those responsible from accountability and kept the program itself classified.

Of all of our darling alphabet agencies, The eff bee eye is the worst. Even at the beginning of their poisonous reign, they were awful. No working their way up the ladder to corruption for them... they jumped all in before the floor wax was dry.

I don't guess this is on topic, but I got triggered.

:4_13_65:

• Banned
Did you read them yet?
It's still not enough- I'll go with Madison's statement-

Politicians and federal agencies recognize that ā€œwhat people donā€™t know wonā€™t hurt the government.ā€ James Madison, the father of the Constitution, declared in 1798 that ā€œthe right of freely examining public characters and measures, and of free communication among the people thereon ā€¦ has ever been justly deemed, the only effectual guardian of every other right.ā€

They still haven't released ALL the JFK transcripts, nor all the 9/11 transcripts- nor all the Epstein transcripts- to name a few- I prefer non-redacted evidence- these ass clowns work for us, allegedly- they don't have the authority, morally or legitimately, to hide shit to cover their shit- they act under the color of law, which is not adhering to the rule of law- and they do it legally by twisting, spinning, castigating and out right lying

I don't buy "official" anything, especially redacted bullshit-

Edited to add: Assange.

• Banned
Actually, ā€œconventional wisdomā€ in the nationā€™s capital is often the result of cover-ups, ignorance, and servility. Daniel Ellsberg, who risked life in prison to leak the Pentagon Papers, observed in 2002, ā€œIt is a commonplace that ā€˜you canā€™t keep secrets in Washingtonā€™ or ā€˜in a democracy.ā€™ ā€¦ These truisms are flatly falseā€¦. The overwhelming majority of secrets do not leak to the American public.ā€
Let me point out the above as well- and let's talk about Hillary's emails and servers- the list could grow to a book- and I stand by my assertion- not enough.

Forum List

Back