More than 3000 dead American servicemen..

You are right about one thing though, Islam is the problem, and I believe that until it is destroyed the west will never be safe from attack.

You surely mean radical Islam?
Or else do you plan on wiping out 1.7 billion of the world's population?

turn the world against us.....you mean when the blew up the WTC the first time....blew up the cole....attacked our embassies....and draged our peackeepers through the streets of somalia ....and the world cheered these events all yall were for us?

how is life in england since the bombed your undergorund....all the world in support of all yall?

We are in exactly the same boat as you pal.I suggest we get hated by the world for fucking these bastards up, not trying to win hearts and minds, they are brainwashed and primitive, we will never be able to comprehend their mindset and we can never change it, they should be subjected to the same terror they want us to feel.As it is we are sitting ducks for every muslim cowardly murderer out there and we have very little mandate to redress the balance.

You surely mean radical Islam?
Or else do you plan on wiping out 1.7 billion of the world's population?

As long as there is Islam there will be radical Islam, maybe if Islam was held accountable for Radical Islam things may change.

As long as there is Islam there will be radical Islam, maybe if Islam was held accountable for Radical Islam things may change.

I agree to your view that "As long as there is Islam there will be radical Islam" but in what way can the religion be accountable for hardcore lunatic Wahhabists like Bin Laden and Co. ?

I agree to your view that "As long as there is Islam there will be radical Islam" but in what way can the religion be accountable for hardcore lunatic Wahhabists like Bin Laden and Co. ?

They should take all necessary steps to eradicate radical extremists from there religion, they all know who they are, until then they will all be tarred with the same brush and must suffer the consequences.We are a civilised and forgiving society here in the west but we won't be fucked over forever, there will come a time and the sooner the nation of Islam realises that the better it will be for them, radicals and all.

They should take all necessary steps to eradicate radical extremists from there religion, they all know who they are, until then they will all be tarred with the same brush and must suffer the consequences.We are a civilised and forgiving society here in the west but we won't be fucked over forever, there will come a time and the sooner the nation of Islam realises that the better it will be for them, radicals and all.

We are sure on the same page on this one roomy.

You are spot on.:clap2:

We are sure on the same page on this one roomy.

You are spot on.:clap2:

Well I'd agree if it looked like others were reaching the end of their ropes, but alas, no. They talk about 'Islamic food in public schools, separate swimming areas for Muslim women, and hajibs.' Meanwhile the Muslims are having 4, 5, 6 kids while Europe's indigenous rates are below replacement.

Originally posted by Kathianne
Well I'd agree if it looked like others were reaching the end of their ropes, but alas, no. They talk about 'Islamic food in public schools, separate swimming areas for Muslim women, and hajibs.' Meanwhile the Muslims are having 4, 5, 6 kids while Europe's indigenous rates are below replacement.

Kathianne, I could write a post saying that you are lumping all arabs/asians/muslims together, forgetting the fact that most of Europe’s muslim population have a pretty secular mindset and many don’t even have any faith describing themselves as muslims based only in family tradition.

But this is not what really matters here.

Kathianne, listen (read) to these words of wisdom:

500 years from now, the validity of evolution will not even be open for discussion anymore and people who try to discredit it will probably be regarded as harmless, mildly insane fools just like we regard the members of “The Flat Earth Society” today or people who still support the geocentric theory of the solar system.

500 years from now, the solar system will be entirely explored and colonised with thousands of humans living in Mars and interstellar travel will be old news with several space probes already landed on the surface of neighbouring solar systems and maybe humans traveling to create colonies on these extrasolar systems.

500 years from now computers won’t even exist anymore as individual machines and humans will be permanently connected to some form of Spacenet linking all human colonies in the solar system. The descendants of the modern microchips will be found everywhere, from your clothes to the walls of your house, keeping you connected to the Spacenet 24/7.

Can you seriously imagine a human being, born on Mars, surrounded by a technology so advanced we can’t even imagine, raising his ass to the sky in praise of Allah?

I don’t want to sound rude but how can a human being be so blind about the future of our species, specially when they are using the Internet?

The irony of you predicting the victory of religious fundamentalism through the Internet is cruel.

Religious fundamentalists’ ideal world is a world where the only source of information for the younger generations is their own sacred texts.

Any kind of absolutist religious ideology abhors scientific/technological advances like the Internet and its democratic spread of knowledge and information (read = apostasy).

Fundamentalists consider the free flow of information and knowledge represented by 500 cable channels and the world of knowledge brought by the Internet as their most dangerous foe.

So you are predicting the triumph of religious fundamentalism using one of the human creations that will eventually be responsible for the final demise of religious fundamentalism.

As I said, the irony is cruel.

I will try to explain why you think the way you do, Kathianne.

If I’m wrong feel free to correct me.

The problem with people that are so obsessed with dayly news like you is that they run the risk of developping tunnel vision, or rather, they start thinking about the long term development of human society through the lens provided to them by the news.

Stop being so obsessed with the news of the day and try to widen your perspective a bit, Kathianne.

Your prediction about the future of our species as being dominated by religious fundamentalism is totally at odds with the dramatic, exponential development of human science and technology.

Your prediction is so off the mark that it even reminds me of a drug induced hallucination.

Religions are destined to the dustbin of History, Kathianne.

Sooner or later, they will all be abandoned and the only thing that will survive is the belief in God, reflecting the eternal human quest for a meaning to the Universe.

José;522544 said:
I will try to explain why you think the way you do, Kathianne.

If I’m wrong feel free to correct me.

The problem with people that are being so obsessed with dayly news like you is that they run the risk of developping tunnel vision, or rather, they start thinking about the long term development of human society through the lens provided to them by the news.

Stop being so obsessed with the news of the day and try to widen your perspective a bit, Kathianne.

Your prediction about the future of our species as being dominated by religious fundamentalism is totally at odds with the dramatic, exponential development of human science and technology.

Your prediction is so off the mark that it even reminds me of a drug induced hallucination.

Religions are destined to the dustbin of History, Kathianne.

Sooner or later, they will all be abandoned and the only thing that will survive is the belief in God, reflecting the eternal human quest for a meaning to the Universe.

José, why don't you go pray and leave me alone? Thanks in advance. BTW, if I didn't answer you it would not mean I agree with you. Feel quite free to leave me in silence. :eusa_whistle:

José;522543 said:
Kathianne, I could write a post saying that you are lumping all arabs/asians/muslims together, forgetting the fact that most of Europe’s muslim population have a pretty secular mindset and many don’t even have any faith describing themselves as muslims based only in family tradition.

But this is not what really matters here.

Kathianne, listen (read) to these words of wisdom:

500 years from now, the validity of evolution will not even be open for discussion anymore and people who try to discredit it will probably be regarded as harmless, mildly insane fools just like we regard the members of “The Flat Earth Society” today or people who still support the geocentric theory of the solar system.

500 years from now, the solar system will be entirely explored and colonised with thousands of humans living in Mars and interstellar travel will be old news with several space probes already landed on the surface of neighbouring solar systems and maybe humans traveling to create colonies on these extrasolar systems.

500 years from now computers won’t even exist anymore as individual machines and humans will be permanently connected to some form of Spacenet linking all human colonies in the solar system. The descendants of the modern microchips will be found everywhere, from your clothes to the walls of your house, keeping you connected to the Spacenet 24/7.

Can you seriously imagine a human being, born on Mars, surrounded by a technology so advanced we can’t even imagine, raising his ass to the sky in praise of Allah?

I don’t want to sound rude but how can a human being be so blind about the future of our species, specially when they are using the Internet?

The irony of you predicting the victory of religious fundamentalism through the Internet is cruel.

Religious fundamentalists’ ideal world is a world where the only source of information for the younger generations is their own sacred texts.

Any kind of absolutist religious ideology abhors scientific/technological advances like the Internet and its democratic spread of knowledge and information (read = apostasy).

Fundamentalists consider the free flow of information and knowledge represented by 500 cable channels and the world of knowledge brought by the Internet as their most dangerous foe.

So you are predicting the triumph of religious fundamentalism using one of the human creations that will eventually be responsible for the final demise of religious fundamentalism.

As I said, the irony is cruel.

I am an athiest but even I know that religion in one form or another has been around since the dawn of mankind, christianity is more than 2000 years old, so your predictions for 500 years time are as spurious as any that anyone else could make, except this one, all of us posting on this site will be dead within the next 100 years, thats a fact.

Originally posted by roomy
I am an athiest but even I know that religion in one form or another has been around since the dawn of mankind, christianity is more than 2000 years old, so your predictions for 500 years time are as spurious as any that anyone else could make, except this one, all of us posting on this site will be dead within the next 100 years, thats a fact.

If you take the time to read my thread entitled “On the future of nationalism” posted on the Current events forum about a month ago, you will see I’m always the most severe critics of my own predictions and the first one to denounce any prediction as potential veiled projections into the future of one’s values and aspirations.

I am guilty of not having expressed the same feelings here. I just didn’t want to repeat myself.

Anyway, this is such a fascinating subject I could easily turn this post into a book and bore everybody to death so I’m gonna try to be brief.

I think humans will eventually discard all forms of organised religion.

No more prophets, saviours, messiahs to kill and die for, no more salvation schemes that exclude the unbelievers, only the belief that there is some form of inteligence behind our physical universe.

We still have a long way to go before we see the definitive end of organised religions (probably much more than 500 years).

But the end of militant Islam will come much sooner.

At first, one would think communist China and Al Quaeda have nothing in common but they do.

They both censor (or would like to censor) the Internet.

From communism to religious fundamentalism, all kinds of totalitarian ideologies see the free flow of communication as a existential threat.

So one of the ways to help accelerate the defeat of militant Islam is to flood the Middle East with computers, DVD players, satelite communication etc, etc...

The images of 9/11 are so similar to japanese kamikaze attacks during the end of WWII for a good reason.

They were/are the last desperate attempts of a dictatorial government and a totalitarian ideology to survive.

They have to resort to these paroxisms of primal brutality because they know that not only Europe will not be islamised, as Kathianne states, but the Middle East will be eventually secularised.

They witness the daily encroachment of Western values upon their cultures and terrorist attacks are their last desperate attempts to delay the innevitable.

So I don’t really have to “predict” the final defeat of religious fundamentalism = militant islam.

The actions of Islamists speak for themselves.

José;522618 said:
The images of 9/11 are so similar to japanese kamikaze attacks during the end of WWII for a good reason.

They were/are the last desperate attempts of a dictatorial government and a totalitarian ideology to survive.

They have to resort to these paroxisms of primal brutality because they know that not only Europe will not be islamised, as Kathianne states, but the Middle East will be eventually secularised.

They witness the daily encroachment of Western values upon their cultures and terrorist attacks are their last desperate attempts to delay the innevitable.

So I don’t really have to “predict” the final defeat of religious fundamentalism = militant islam.

The actions of Islamists speak for themselves.

the only problum with this theroy is the fact that 911 was an inside job
to be used as a pretex for war

Originally posted by Kathianne
I think a love match is in the air...José and eots?

What else can I say, Kathianne?

Eots thinks 9/11 was planned and executed by the american secret service.

But if you seriously believe the extremely advanced technological society that will exist 300 years in the future will be ruled by religious superstition, then you are even more clueless than him.

Forum List

Back