More shootings in Britain....one victim? 14 years old.....

Eliminate left wing states and the blue regions of red states, i.e. black and latino majority regions, and the murder rate in the U.S. is pretty small, around 1.1-2 per 100,000, about like New Hampshire's and Verrmont's. !1,000 'murders' out of some 17,000 total involve firearms, and of course further granularity ends up with white people out in the Burbs being more likely to get struck by lightning than getting shot, and a murder rate lower than Britain's, but then if Britain didn't have so many African and Muslim gangsters running around, their crime rates would be similar to white America's, instead of higher.

As is also obvious, gun control laws have a negative effect on gun crimes; see D.C. and Chicago's, just for starters.

Eliminate left wing states and the blue regions of red states, i.e. black and latino majority regions, and the murder rate in the U.S. is pretty small, around 1.1-2 per 100,000, about like New Hampshire's and Verrmont's. !1,000 'murders' out of some 17,000 total involve firearms, and of course further granularity ends up with white people out in the Burbs being more likely to get struck by lightning than getting shot, and a murder rate lower than Britain's, but then if Britain didn't have so many African and Muslim gangsters running around, their crime rates would be similar to white America's, instead of higher.

As is also obvious, gun control laws have a negative effect on gun crimes; see D.C. and Chicago's, just for starters.

Shame on you!
How dare you present meaningful information based on fact to progressives!

You should wait until they evolve into beings capable of comprehension.

So if the UK had the same rate of similar shootings as the US, how many would it have had? Please show your workings.

If I have it right, from your cites that's two in a week for the UK.
You anti-gun nutters failed to realize firearms have no control over people. People kill people not firearms. Most people learn that in grade school

I forgot to add those 'evul' NRA type Burb dwellers are also far more likely to be lawful gun owners, as opposed to blue state and blue majority areas of red states.

Man, even I was shocked at D.C.'s murder rates. they really do need martial law there, and screw racial quota sniveling about who gets raided and arrested.

When do you think the UK might be as safe as the US ?

Easy.....

When the majority of progressives and liberals in the UK grow up and realize the ignorance of their ways.

Maybe the dramatic rise of gun violence, acid attacks, rapes, robberies and assaults in the UK will speed that process along. I doubt it.
It takes intelligence to improves ones condition in life.

btw...safe from what or whom? We haven't had any Russian poisonings here in the US yet.
Well to be more specific. When will our homicide rate be the same as the US ? All of us over here are looking forward to that day when we will be protected.
All of America’s violent crime is in urban areas controlled by Progressives, you know people similar to Europeans… Violent

More stabbings and shootings in Britain....gun control there isn't working...

A 14 year old...a 19 year old.....they banned and confiscated guns in Britain..so I am pretty sure that the kids who shot these kids couldn't have a gun legally in Britain....

Teen knifed outside Tube station amid week of violence in London

A 14-year-old was left with “life-changing injuries” after a shooting outside Seven Sisters on Tuesday.

The teen managed to stagger into the station to seek help after being attacked in a nearby estate at about 11pm.

On the same evening, but in a separate incident, a 20-year-old man was shot dead in Walthamstow.

Last week, rapper Kelvin Odunuyi, 19, was shot dead as he stood with friends outside a cinema in nearby Wood Green. His killing is believed to be connected to a postcode war orchestrated by gangs in Wood Green and Tottenha
I really object to hearing about every fucking shooting in Britain, Guy. Don't we have enough to worry about here? For all your arguments about Britain needing more guns, they had less than 200 gun homicides in Britain last year. LESS THAN 200. You can't argue that and I wish you'd just stop spreading the sad news. It's sick.

Easy.....

When the majority of progressives and liberals in the UK grow up and realize the ignorance of their ways.

Maybe the dramatic rise of gun violence, acid attacks, rapes, robberies and assaults in the UK will speed that process along. I doubt it.

btw...safe from what or whom? We haven't had any Russian poisonings here in the US yet.
Well to be more specific. When will our homicide rate be the same as the US ? All of us over here are looking forward to that day when we will be protected.
All of America’s violent crime is in urban areas controlled by Progressives, you know people similar to Europeans… Violent
Another "fact" that you have made up.

Let's see. From List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia
we see the Firearm homicide death rate per 100,000 population per year for the UK in 2014 was 0.06 while for the US it was 3.5.
Call the population of the UK 66 million
Call the population of the US 327 million
Using those figures, to match the US the UK would have had to have suffered 44 firearm homicides in a week.

That's (3.5x327,000,000/100,000/52)=220 US firearm homicides/week

220x66/327=44 UK firearm homicides/week at the US rate.

Shouldn't you be concerned with the effect of the lack of gun control on US firearm homicide rates?

Shouldn't you be concerned with the effect of the lack of gun control on US firearm homicide rates?

Homicide rates....our rates are going down...as more Americans not only own guns...but as 17 million Americans actually carry guns for self defense...

The actual facts....

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

It is true that the UK is more violent than the US.......you aren't going to be less violent than the U.S. for a long time...you are cutting your police numbers, you are cutting your police resources, and you are handicapping your police with poiltically correct policies.....on top of that, your social welfare state can no longer civilize your young males, and you are importing violent immigrants from 3rd world countries......

This is all reflected in your growing violence and gun crime rates....

Crime rise is biggest in a decade, ONS figures show

Ministers will also be concerned that the country is becoming increasingly violent in nature, with gun crime rising 23% to 6,375 offences, largely driven by an increase in the use of handguns.

=========

Gun crime in London increases by 42% - BBC News

Gun crime offences in London surged by 42% in the last year, according to official statistics.

Top trauma surgeon reveals shocking extent of London’s gun crime

A leading trauma surgeon has told how the number of patients treated for gunshot injuries at a major London hospital has doubled in the last five years.

----

He said the hospital’s major trauma centre had seen a bigger rise in gunshot injuries compared to knife wounds and that the average age of victims was getting younger.

-----

Last year, gun crime offences in London increased for a third year running and by 42 per cent, from 1,793 offences in 2015/16 to 2,544 offences in 2016/17. Police have seized 635 guns off the streets so far this year.

Dr Griffiths, who also teaches medical students, said: “Our numbers of victims of gun injury have doubled [since 2012]. Gunshot injuries represent about 2.5 per cent of our penetrating trauma.

-----

Dr Griffiths said the average age of gun crime victims needing treatment at the hospital had decreased from 25 to the mid to late teens since 2012.

He added that medics at the Barts Health hospital’s major trauma centre in Whitechapel had seen a bigger rise in patients with gun injuries rather than knife wounds and that most were caused by pistols or shotguns.

Met Police commander Jim Stokley, who was also invited to speak at the meeting, said that handguns and shotguns were the weapons of choice and that 46 per cent of London’s gun crime discharges were gang-related.

He said: “We believe that a lot of it is associated with the drugs trade, and by that I mean people dealing drugs at street level and disagreements between different gangs.”

Violent crime on the rise in every corner of the country, figures suggest

But analysis of the figures force by force, showed the full extent of the problem, with only one constabulary, Nottinghamshire, recording a reduction in violent offences.

The vast majority of police forces actually witnessed double digit rises in violent crime, with Northumbria posting a 95 per cent increase year on year.

Of the other forces, Durham Police recorded a 73 per cent rise; West Yorkshire was up 48 per cent; Avon and Somerset 45 per cent; Dorset 39 per cent and Warwickshire 37 per cent.

Elsewhere Humberside, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Kent, Wiltshire and Dyfed Powys all saw violence rise by more than a quarter year on year.

-------

Easy.....

Your trends are going up on homicide....ours are going down. It may be a long time as your gun crime rates are going up.....your teenagers are now stabbing each other to death in large numbers...and now they are starting to turn to guns.......and you are attacking your police the way democrats attack police over here.....

A 14 year old...a 19 year old.....they banned and confiscated guns in Britain..so I am pretty sure that the kids who shot these kids couldn't have a gun legally in Britain....

A 14-year-old was left with “life-changing injuries” after a shooting outside Seven Sisters on Tuesday.

The teen managed to stagger into the station to seek help after being attacked in a nearby estate at about 11pm.

On the same evening, but in a separate incident, a 20-year-old man was shot dead in Walthamstow.

Last week, rapper Kelvin Odunuyi, 19, was shot dead as he stood with friends outside a cinema in nearby Wood Green. His killing is believed to be connected to a postcode war orchestrated by gangs in Wood Green and Tottenha
I really object to hearing about every fucking shooting in Britain, Guy. Don't we have enough to worry about here? For all your arguments about Britain needing more guns, they had less than 200 gun homicides in Britain last year. LESS THAN 200. You can't argue that and I wish you'd just stop spreading the sad news. It's sick.

I don't care what you think......but if the anti gunners would stop using Britain and Australia as examples on how to take our guns away, I wouldn't need to point out their growing gun violence....

You guys always focus on the last indicator...gun murder.....when you should be paying more attention to gun violence.....the violence will grow before their criminals begin to regularly cross the line and murder each other....

Remember.....here 70-80% of gun murder victims are criminals engaged in criminal activity or the criminal lifestyle......there, the criminals are still just shooting to wound.....that is changing.

And we get tired of the Left making Mega Month Long Propaganda Saga Stories out of one maniacs expression of mental disorder.

In the time since the Stoneman Douglas tragedy, over 1,000 high school kids have been killed or seriously injured while texting and driving or by DUI......ABSOLUTE SILENCE ON THE REAL CARNAGE.

I can't speak for anyone else......but the Constitution is MY guide.
No Progressive wishes will ever be allowed to infringe on that....I don't give a shit how many imbeciles protest or who is elected and tries to reinterpret the Constitution.

if the anti gunners would stop using Britain and Australia as examples on how to take our guns away, I wouldn't need to point out their growing gun violence....
Which is a fraction of that of the US. You are a raving loony.

You act as if their growing gun violence is static......it isn't, it is getting worse, not better. And right now, Britain is more violent than the U.S., and is the most violent country in Europe.....

Enough with the fake news already.

Britain has gun control like the liberal left wants in America. According to them gun control eliminates people from killing others with guns.

So either they lie or the whole story is fake.

But we know they lie...........they're just in denial.

I don't care what you think......but if the anti gunners would stop using Britain and Australia as examples on how to take our guns away, I wouldn't need to point out their growing gun violence....

You guys always focus on the last indicator...gun murder.....when you should be paying more attention to gun violence.....the violence will grow before their criminals begin to regularly cross the line and murder each other....

Remember.....here 70-80% of gun murder victims are criminals engaged in criminal activity or the criminal lifestyle......there, the criminals are still just shooting to wound.....that is changing.
You get sillier by the moment. Shoot to wound? More likely they're lousy shots or it's hard to shoot from a moving vehicle.
Yes, I've always said that the wounded should be included in the counts of gun violence in this country, but the numbers would be so damned astronomical that we might actually DO something about guns in this country and we can't have that, can we?

Anti-gunners are going to keep using Britain and Australia as examples because IT WORKS.

Forum List

Back