More Proof the skeptics are WINNING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
JC....cold as hell here today brother. What gives?

Need Tommy in here to give me some idea as to when some global warming will arrive in NYC because this blows.
We had snow flurries on Friday, but not an accumulation as they initially thought. Dodged that event. Saturday was cold, Sunday was more acceptable as warming, but we had high winds keeping the wind chill low. There were wind gusts yesterday kept knocking over furniture on the back porch, that was a bit frustrating. But there was that wind again. You might see that tomorrow.

At least our lows aren't supposed to drop below freezing this week so far. On last night's update, they said that yesterday was the warmest day since March 21. That's a lot of consecutive days of cold in spring.

Just endured the latest 1" minimum snowstorm on record today which actually covered the roads and sidewalks the old record was March 12, 1974, which I experienced as a Teen.

Had some hail (bb to pea size) last evening which is very, very, very, rare in my area.

The predicted high today is 47 which is about 23 degrees BELOW average for the date.

It is forecasted to stay around 20 degrees below average for another 5 days before it warms up a little bit.

Well boys.....all evidence indicates we are in for some serious nut sack freezes in the years to come. Ball busting cold 8 months out of the year....fcuking ghey.

Btw...Old Rocks got record breaking snow in Portland today. I damn near shit my shorts from laughing so hard:abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg:

You guys make me laugh....on top of all the cold all the time.

Might get to 80 here in NYC on Thursday....will try to steer a bit of global warming your guys way!!?

Well boys.....all evidence indicates we are in for some serious nut sack freezes in the years to come. Ball busting cold 8 months out of the year....fcuking ghey.

Btw...Old Rocks got record breaking snow in Portland today. I damn near shit my shorts from laughing so hard:abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg:

Might get to 80 here in NYC on Thursday....will try to steer a bit of global warming your guys way!!?
Outstanding

Snowing again but just warm enough to prevent accumulation this time with forecast of frost the next three mornings.

It is still just 38 F when it is usually around 50 F by now.

Dam it is so chilly outside that I am right now filling the tub up with hot water.

Global warming does not mean that it will be warmer every day than it was the day before at all points on the earth.

That's an oversimplification.

Global warming will likely alter climates and some places will get cooler while others get warmer, all while the overall GLOBAL AVERAGE TEMPERATURE increases.

A good example would be what happens if melting of the Greenland ice sheet puts enough cold fresh water into the upper arch of the "Gulf Stream" and causes it to "shutdown" or at least re-arrange. The gulf stream is why Western Europe has a warmer climate than it normally would given its latitude.

But if the Gulf Stream (AMOC, technically speaking) shuts down it will make western Europe COOLER all due to global warming.

There are other examples but that one is the easiest to grasp.

Global warming does not mean that it will be warmer every day than it was the day before at all points on the earth.

That's an oversimplification.

Global warming will likely alter climates and some places will get cooler while others get warmer, all while the overall GLOBAL AVERAGE TEMPERATURE increases.

A good example would be what happens if melting of the Greenland ice sheet puts enough cold fresh water into the upper arch of the "Gulf Stream" and causes it to "shutdown" or at least re-arrange. The gulf stream is why Western Europe has a warmer climate than it normally would given its latitude.

But if the Gulf Stream (AMOC, technically speaking) shuts down it will make western Europe COOLER all due to global warming.

There are other examples but that one is the easiest to grasp.
Famous words from warmers, will likely, might

No, that's how scientists talk. It is always measured and with plenty of caveats.

Do you disagree with how the Gulf Stream works? What part, specifically, do you disagree with?
Science has no deniers. All material is looked at

We are talking about GLOBAL AVERAGE.

If the average height of a child in 4th grade is about 4' that does not mean that every single child in that class is 4' tall.

The global AVERAGE.
Average wasn't in your sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back