More problems for the lithium mines.....

You still haven't explained how pumping out brine affects the water table.

Are you claiming that the local water table is composed of brine water?

Besides being very water intense lithium mining also creates a number of other problems for the environment and for society in general. So does coal mining by the way; It is also very destructive to the environment. So let's get that out of the way right off the bat. Lithium mining however is particularly disadvantageous to the surrounding ecosystem especially with the current methods of using brine water to drive the lithium out of the Earth so that it can be captured in large drying beds above ground which are environmental disasters. Additionally it has created a doc economy that enslaves children as young as 4 years old in countries that are doing the mining. Once again let's repeat the simple fact of thermodynamics.. there's no such thing as a free ride.

Jo

Does China pay the medical bills for the little African kids who get sick working 60 hours a week in their toxic Lithium mines? Somehow I doubt it.

"When at first you don't succeed, quit Dummy."

20 Jun 2023 Evolving Regulation: 4 Dead

Is your Google broken? And I was wrong: it's not a trillion pounds, it's 230 billion tons.
4i6Ckte.gif

Lihytech uses patented ceramic membrane-based lithium extraction technology, developed by KAUST's Professor Zhiping Lai, to harvest the alkali metal from seawater, brine, red mud and other sources. Seawater contains 230 billion tons of lithium, compared to just 21 million tons in conventional land-based reserves.Feb 3, 2023

it wont work, it will not be economical, and if it was, the price of lithium would drop, which would mean the rich would look for another commodity they can run up the demand for with government subsidies, leaving lithium producers, broke.

Lithium was worthless, but now the government is subsidizing the making of electric cars, so demand went up 10,000%

The politicians get rich, the banks get rich, Wall st. trading lithium gets rich, Democrat Larry Fink and Blackrock get more money in their $12 trillion dollar investment funds

Democrat electric car supporters, advocates, are getting played, conned, scammed.

it wont work, it will not be economical, and if it was, the price of lithium would drop, which would mean the rich would look for another commodity they can run up the demand for with government subsidies, leaving lithium producers, broke.

Lithium was worthless, but now the government is subsidizing the making of electric cars, so demand went up 10,000%

The politicians get rich, the banks get rich, Wall st. trading lithium gets rich, Democrat Larry Fink and Blackrock get more money in their $12 trillion dollar investment funds

Democrat electric car supporters, advocates, are getting played, conned, scammed.
Why aren't you investing in lithium? The stock market is open to everyone, you know.

Why aren't you investing in lithium? The stock market is open to everyone, you know.
I wish i would of, could still, it will only go up until we run out. Same with the cobalt used in batteries. Electric vehicles are being heavily pushed by Democrat Larry Fink who controls the $12 trillion investment funds of Blackrock. I think one just needs to listen ti the Democrats, while they have the power, and before we hit that peak lithium wall.

Good thing sodium batteries and zinc batteries are gaining in popularity.

It's just continual failures by Republicans and Right-Wingers: harp on one thing that you are just positive is going to doom the thing that you're against, only to have the rug pulled out from under you when that thing isn't depended upon for success.
Libs are just replacing one problem with another

You can attack fossil fuel

But lithium is no better

if water is sold, it is not free Just like you say the sun is free, go out and get some to sell, or, tell us how you can sell water. Tell us how you will sell water. Include the details.
Biiʼ shidiʼdooltéełgi haʼátʼíísh shinóołtłʼah?

Says the misshapen eastern European droll troll dwarf in the corner.
you said the sun is free as is water, I simply asked to demonstrate how you would be able to collect either and sell without spending any money.

The fact of the matter is, the sun requires Heavy Industry to consume billions of tons of natural resources to manufacture into Solar panels. We are told that is costing, going to cost, $ TRILLIONS $

Forum List

Back