More New England Patriots skipping White House visit

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
maybe the 2nd or third still will go

Four more New England Patriots said they won't be accompanying their teammates to the White House later this year, where the Super Bowl 51 champions are set to be honored by President Donald Trump.

Defensive end Chris Long, running back LeGarrette Blount, defensive tackle Alan Branch and linebacker Dont'a Hightower are joining defensive back Devin McCourty and tight end Martellus Bennett, who announced their plans to boycott the visit early this week, citing their opposition to Trump.

More New England Patriots skipping White House visit - CNNPolitics.com

I'm sure CNN is thrilled with this as is the anti-America bozo who started this thread.

'Patriots' is a misnomer for these A-holes.

Four more New England Patriots said they won't be accompanying their teammates to the White House later this year, where the Super Bowl 51 champions are set to be honored by President Donald Trump.

Defensive end Chris Long, running back LeGarrette Blount, defensive tackle Alan Branch and linebacker Dont'a Hightower are joining defensive back Devin McCourty and tight end Martellus Bennett, who announced their plans to boycott the visit early this week, citing their opposition to Trump.

The only thing in this world that I hate is a business meeting for a predicted 30 minute duration which ends up lasting two hours. If some of the teammates don't want to go, that is their prerogative.

The only thing in this world that I hate is a business meeting for a predicted 30 minute duration which ends up lasting two hours. If some of the teammates don't want to go, that is their prerogative.

The issue zinged ouer your head by a country mile.

If these are bench warmers who never accompanied their team mates on the playing field, their childish petulance is somewhat understandable.

If not, then they re undeserving to be called "Patriots".

I would show up, stick out my hand to shake hands, and pull it in and fake the prez out. Lime I owe the whitehouse anything much less respect.

This situation brings me back to a conversation I had with a coworker this week. He came to this country from Germany when he was a child.

He cancelled his NFL Sunday Ticket subscription in September due to the Kaepernick issue. When the NFL refused to censure him, my coworker cancelled the subscription and literally didn't watch a game all year (he's a huge Bears fan).

He's also a very involved NADCAR fan. Apparently NASCAR has a clause written into every driver's contract requiring them to act in a patriotic manner at the track and even giving the body the right to penalize drivers and teams for political statements off the track that make the sport look bad.

The NFL needs that sort of clause in their contracts as well.

This situation brings me back to a conversation I had with a coworker this week. He came to this country from Germany when he was a child.

He cancelled his NFL Sunday Ticket subscription in September due to the Kaepernick issue. When the NFL refused to censure him, my coworker cancelled the subscription and literally didn't watch a game all year (he's a huge Bears fan).

He's also a very involved NADCAR fan. Apparently NASCAR has a clause written into every driver's contract requiring them to act in a patriotic manner at the track and even giving the body the right to penalize drivers and teams for political statements off the track that make the sport look bad.

The NFL needs that sort of clause in their contracts as well.
A black excuser of boorishness will claim it's racist and the NFL will cave. That's exactly why they didn't punish kaperdick. They're intimidated by the shakedown racists.

A black excuser of boorishness will claim it's racist and the NFL will cave. That's exactly why they didn't punish kaperdick. They're intimidated by the shakedown racists.

This,is where the NFL needs to comprehend that the number of fans who are pissed at the league far exceeds the roughly 1900 players in the league.

There will always be new players to replace the ones who take their ball and go home if forced to act responsibly. Besides, where else are these guys gonna make that type of money. Most of these guys aren't brain surgeon or astrophysicist material.

Losing roughly 8-10% of their viewership will cost the league far more money than turning over 2-3 dozen dirt bags.

This,is where the NFL needs to comprehend that the number of fans who are pissed at the league far exceeds the roughly 1900 players in the league.

There will always be new players to replace the ones who take their ball and go home if forced to act responsibly. Besides, where else are these guys gonna make that type of money. Most of these guys aren't brain surgeon or astrophysicist material.

Losing roughly 8-10% of their viewership will cost the league far more money than turning over 2-3 dozen dirt bags.
But you're leaving out the lawsuit factor.

Forum List

Back