More Money Does Buy More Happiness, Says Study

While money wont buy complete happiness it sure goes a long way to a sense of security.
I mean it's gonna be hard to be happy if you dont know where your next check is going to come from.
Oh for sure. There is a big difference in being 20 with no real responsibilities and no money and being 50 with lots of responsibilities and no money.
It is great being 49, condo is paid off, no kids, I make almost $100k and I’m maxing out my 401k AND investing in the stock market. 2000-2008 really sucked for Michigan. The bush Great Recession sent all those good paying manufacturing jobs to China and mexico.
Good for you, that's how you do it. Just don't take your eye off the ball now. A few more good years and you are set.

I always say to people: "make money now, think about happiness later!"

I agree that money does take care of a lot of things, but it doesn't take care of everything. It doesn't bring back people who are not here anymore.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

While money wont buy complete happiness it sure goes a long way to a sense of security.
I mean it's gonna be hard to be happy if you dont know where your next check is going to come from.
Oh for sure. There is a big difference in being 20 with no real responsibilities and no money and being 50 with lots of responsibilities and no money.
It is great being 49, condo is paid off, no kids, I make almost $100k and I’m maxing out my 401k AND investing in the stock market. 2000-2008 really sucked for Michigan. The bush Great Recession sent all those good paying manufacturing jobs to China and mexico.

WE lost a bundle in the bush crash, was great with President Obama. What we lost can never be gotten back but we can live comfortable on interest.

What bothers me are the people don't try to do for themselves. One part of our family has scammed the govyt for their whole lives. I've worked since I was 13, was homeless at 16, put myself through high school and college. I'm just saying that there are ways to make money if you're willing to work. IMO. And ain't no way trump is going to save any poor or working class. Hasn't so far and won't suddenly start now and I'm sick of hearing them say otherwise. They go on and on about him but have no problem taking liberals' money.

WE lost a bundle in the bush crash, was great with President Obama. What we lost can never be gotten back but we can live comfortable on interest.

What bothers me are the people don't try to do for themselves. One part of our family has scammed the govyt for their whole lives. I've worked since I was 13, was homeless at 16, put myself through high school and college. I'm just saying that there are ways to make money if you're willing to work. IMO. And ain't no way trump is going to save any poor or working class. Hasn't so far and won't suddenly start now and I'm sick of hearing them say otherwise. They go on and on about him but have no problem taking liberals' money.
You lost a bundle in the Carter/Clinton/Frank crash. There I fixed it for you. But I Totally agree that your success is dependent on you and your drive. Playing the victim and looking for the gubmint handout is a setup for a sad, angry and poor life.

I agree
Money did not make me happy. I was happy already and put in a long period of work to make the money. Part of the happiness is the work.
Money makes things easier and less stressful and can do fun stuff too.

You lost a bundle in the Carter/Clinton/Frank crash. There I fixed it for you. But I Totally agree that your success is dependent on you and your drive. Playing the victim and looking for the gubmint handout is a setup for a sad, angry and poor life.
Because of republican policies the middle class has gotten poorer and the rich Richer. I could write a book. Things like Hiring illegals at Mara lago cost the middle class billions every year. Illegal employers like trump

Sending their factories overseas. They got rich but this hurt the middle class.

You loved Walmart and buying from china during the 2000s.

Trumps tax breaks overwhelmingly benefitted the rich and added to the debt we now owe.

Cuts to social programs and safety nets for the poor and middle class in order to pay for those tax breaks.

Because of republican policies the middle class has gotten poorer and the rich Richer. I could write a book. Things like Hiring illegals at Mara lago cost the middle class billions every year. Illegal employers like trump

Trumps tax breaks overwhelmingly benefitted the rich and added to the debt we now owe.

Cuts to social programs and safety nets for the poor and middle class in order to pay for those tax breaks.
Nonsense. Illegal immigrants have not caused people to migrate from the middle class to the lower class.

Nonsense. Illegal immigrants have not caused people to migrate from the middle class to the lower class.

There is some truth to that.
When the illegals get amnesty and come out of the shadows they go after the blue collar positions.

When the illegals get amnesty and come out of the shadows they go after the blue collar positions.
They’re already here doing those blue collar jobs. That’s why we need to go after illegal employers.

Do you know why Canadians don’t have an illegal immigrant problem? No employers would dare hire them. They fear the penalties. American companies don’t. Wake up people.

They’re already here doing those blue collar jobs. That’s why we need to go after illegal employers.

Do you know why Canadians don’t have an illegal immigrant problem? No employers would dare hire them. They fear the penalties. American companies don’t. Wake up people.

I agree.
But the good companies wont hire them.

I agree.
Point is illegals are absolutely robbing the American middle class of money and they are keeping costs down for the illegal employers aka the rich, who are employing them.

This is one way the rich have waged war on the middle class. Started on Reagan’s watch and bush really buried his head in the sand when he got in. Meanwhile they also sent millions of manufacturing jobs to China and mexico. Bush invented it all they can say is Clinton signed it. Ignoring it was Bush’s baby

The mystery of why leftists are so angry and hateful solved.

I agree.
Too many do. Even my brother and his wife know these two mexicans together they are $20 hr plus materials needed to do the project.

Theyre getting two men for $20 hr who know what they are doing. Some American company is not getting their fixer upper jobs. Blue collar.

Let me guess it’s an election year? They got you fired up

Not me but...

29010374-8372343-image-a-22_1590850936704.jpg

Poor chair...

I always say to people: "make money now, think about happiness later!"

Money doesn't buy happiness but it does help provide piece of mind which is more conducive to happiness than stress and worry over money and survival. The problem is too much money can bring problems all its own to your doorstep as it attracts so many assholes that are trying to get it from you. You want enough but not too much so avoid being greedy and letting the pursuit of money ruin your life as it as so often has for so many. Just look to Hollywood and rock stars for proof of this. They may have become wealthy but their lives are a miserable ruin. They can't maintain normal relationships and many become junkies, drunks or even kill themselves they've become so miserable, unhappy and confused. The same goes for a lot who came by too much too quick and too easy.

Let me guess it’s an election year? They got you fired up

Not me but...

29010374-8372343-image-a-22_1590850936704.jpg

Poor chair...
How about the lives and impact trumps lack luster response to the pandemic caused on our economy? Let’s not forget right now he’s proving to not be good leadership.

It was the democrats who shut down the economy.

Time to vote them out, they do not belong in the country anyway.

Forum List

Back