More Economic GOOD NEWS: Americans Net Worth UP 1.3%

This is about the country and not Dave.

The economic recession caused Americans to lose $18 trillion in personal wealth. That is the value of their homes, 401Ks, investments minus their debts.

That $18 trillion is more than the current national debt ($12 trillion).

In the last three quarters of 2009 we regained $6 trillion of that loss. That is real money for real Americans

Definitely ECONOMIC GOOD NEWS

I'm kind of curious what good it does if the entire country's net worth goes up but mine goes down. How did that help me?

Lose $18 trillion in last years of Bush= ECONOMIC BAD NEWS

Regain $6 trillion since Obama has been president= ECONOMIC GOOD NEWS

Hows that Hopey/Changey thing working for ya???

You mean that natural economic swing of a recovery after a recession?
Doing just fine...and as expected.
Too bad we had to borrow a trillion dollars to slow it down a bit....but hey, elections have consequences.

I'm kind of curious what good it does if the entire country's net worth goes up but mine goes down. How did that help me?

Too bad we had to borrow a trillion dollars to slow it down a bit....but hey, elections have consequences.

Check your market history for March 2009 right after the passing of the Stimulus. See that increase in the market of over 50% ??

Borrow .8 trillion in late february 2009 and net a $6 trillion increase in the wealth of Americans? Good deal!

Damn.....Don't you love ECONOMIC GOOD NEWS???

Last edited:

Check your market history for March 2009 right after the passing of the Stimulus. See that increase in the market of over 50% ??

Borrow .8 trillion in late february 2009 and net a $6 trillion increase in the wealth of Americans? Good deal!

I like economic good news....I always do.

But why dont you see the "recoveries" from other recessions? You know...the ones where we did not bororow a trillion dollars but recovered nicely as well?

And what about the crash of...what was it...87? Exactly how much money did we borrow to have that market bounce back? If I recall, ZERO dollars.

By the way.....

if I had a bank account that had 10 dollars in it, and I borrowed 100K and deposited it in the bank, I would have $100,010 in the bank. The bank teller would see me as wealthy.

But was I?

My networth went down so what do you say to that?

Tough Luck for you

Lets see...

ihopehefails has a screen name praying for Obama economic policies to fail

The Obama economy shows as increase in Net Worth of Americans UP $6 trillion and ihopehefails misses out

What is the word???? KARMA?

I just don't associate Obama's aura of 'national regenaration' as a valid reason for everyone elses success because if it was then I would be doing just as well as everyone else. It is really up to the individual and their own power. That determines success so Obama deserves no credit for the hard work of others.

Yes, I do hope he fails at his attempt of a communist revolution and I hope you fail at it as well.

Last edited:
Based on what we are seeing here, I wouldn't count any chickens.

Sales tax receipts again paint dismal picture for Springfield city budget

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – There’s more rough news for the City of Springfield’s budget. Last month's step forward in sales tax revenues just took three steps back.

The city receives its checks from the state about two months after they’re collected at cash registers. For November sales, January's receipts were 3.53 percent below the year before. City staff hoped February's increase of 1.35 percent from the previous year was a sign that they'd turn the corner. However, March numbers came in 17.9 percent below March 2009.

""I was very surprised after last month and being up more than one percent, I had hoped we'd seen a slow recovery," said City Manager Greg Burris. "I was very shocked."

The city manager says he'll recommend specific cuts to City Council in the next two weeks.

Sales tax receipts again paint dismal picture for Springfield city budget | KY3 News, Weather, Sports - Springfield, MO | Local News
As you can see from the bolded passage.

November sales were down 3.53% and December sales were up 1.53% for Christmas spending...but January spending plummeted nearly 18%.

Let's wait to see national numbers for January. As for Southwest Missouri...these numbers are nothing to cheer about.

Last edited:

I wonder how all of us Americans that dug down deep and continued to do what we had to do to help our country recover feel about the fact that people like you give all of the credit to Obama....who did nothing but borrow money from our children and give it to those that research how cocaine affects monkeys?

Last edited:

But why dont you see the "recoveries" from other recessions? You know...the ones where we did not bororow a trillion dollars but recovered nicely as well?

And what about the crash of...what was it...87? Exactly how much money did we borrow to have that market bounce back? If I recall, ZERO dollars.

By the way.....

if I had a bank account that had 10 dollars in it, and I borrowed 100K and deposited it in the bank, I would have $100,010 in the bank. The bank teller would see me as wealthy.

But was I?

And what about the crash of...what was it...87? Exactly how much money did we borrow to have that market bounce back? If I recall, ZERO dollars

As I recall Ronald Reagan TRIPLED the existing deficit

But was I?[/

Net worth = Total Assets (Home, Investments, Retirement Fund)- Total Debt (Mortgage, loans, credit cards)

Tough Luck for you

Lets see...

The Obama economy shows as increase in Net Worth of Americans UP $6 trillion and ihopehefails misses out

I just don't associate Obama's aura of 'national regenaration' as a valid reason for everyone elses success because if it was then I would be doing just as well as everyone else. It is really up to the individual and their own power. That determines success so Obama deserves no credit for the hard work of others.

Yes, I do hope he fails at his attempt of a communist revolution and I hope you fail at it as well.

Face it buddy....

Your "ihopehefails" came back and bit you in the ass

How ironic

Net worth climbs as stocks recover, rises 1.3% in 4Q - USATODAY.com

WASHINGTON — American households saw their wealth increase at the end of last year, mainly because the healing economy boosted stock portfolios.
The Federal Reserve said Thursday that household net worth rose 1.3% in the fourth quarter to $54.2 trillion. It marked the third straight quarter of gains. Net worth rose 4.5% in the second quarter of 2009 and an even stronger 5.5% in the third quarter.

Net worth is the value of assets such as homes, checking accounts and investments minus debts like mortgages and credit cards.

Even with the gain, Americans' net worth would have to rise an additional 21% to get back to its pre-recession peak of $65.9 trillion. That shows the vast loss of wealth people have suffered from the worst downturn since the 1930s

So the Net Worth of Americans have gone up 11.3% in the last three quarters of 2009. This translates to an increase of over $6 trillion in the last year.

It should be noted that Americans lost $18 trillion in net worth in the last years of the Bush administration

How is that "Hopey/Changey" working out for ya??

More proof that Bush was right in trying to get people to invest a portion of their SocSecurity in US equities.

Right, RW?

By the way.....

But was I?

And what about the crash of...what was it...87? Exactly how much money did we borrow to have that market bounce back? If I recall, ZERO dollars

But was I?[/

Net worth = Total Assets (Home, Investments, Retirement Fund)- Total Debt (Mortgage, loans, credit cards)

I know the math RW.

My question was rhetorical.

But the point was valid. You just missed it I guess.

And please expolain to me again about Reagan and the 87 crash? Are you sure you know what you are talking about?

Becuase I do not think you have a clue about THAT market recovery.

Lets see...

Face it buddy....

Your "ihopehefails" came back and bit you in the ass

How ironic

Yes. Magical thinking and Karma did it. It wasn't my own stupid actions was it? Nor was it the smart actions of others that increased net worth. It was all Obama and his powers. He waved his magic wand and said "presto" and made your job. Your employer had nothing to do with that magic trick nor did the consumrers who decided to do business with your employer because of something he/she did. It was all magic.

Last edited:

By the way.....

But was I?

But was I?[/

Obama's One Month Deficit is greater than Reagan's average annual deficit

By the way.....

But was I?

But was I?[/

I know the math RW.

My question was rhetorical.

But the point was valid. You just missed it I guess.

And please expolain to me again about Reagan and the 87 crash? Are you sure you know what you are talking about?

Becuase I do not think you have a clue about THAT market recovery.

I'm sorry. I thought you were talking about the second biggest recession in the last 70 years. The one that equates to this recession.

When Ronald Reagan took over in 81, he inherited a collapsed economy and raging unemployment. He established record amounts of borrowing and tripled the existing debt to turn around the economy.

I agree with you that the relatively minor 87 recession self corrected. But it was of no where close to either the 1981 recession or the 2008 recession.
Apples and Oranges

This is about the country and not Dave.

I swear to God, Right Winger said that. Some nuts huh?

Wow

Yes the same nuts that equates Diamond Dave not recovering to the whole country not recovering

$6 trillion increase in Personal Wealth is GOOD NEWS....any way you cut it

Forum List

Back