More Christie Problems? Sheesh.

Sarah G

When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left
Mar 4, 2009
NW Ohio
Christie camp held Sandy relief money hostage, mayor alleges

Two senior members of Gov. Chris Christie’s administration warned a New Jersey mayor earlier this year that her town would be starved of hurricane relief money unless she approved a lucrative redevelopment plan favored by the governor, according to the mayor and emails and personal notes she shared with msnbc.

The mayor, Dawn Zimmer, hasn’t approved the project, but she did request $127 million in hurricane relief for her city of Hoboken – 80% of which was underwater after Sandy hit in October 2012. What she got was $142,000 to defray the cost of a single back-up generator plus an additional $200,000 in recovery grants.

In an exclusive interview, Zimmer broke her silence and named Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno and Richard Constable, Christie’s community affairs commissioner, as the two officials who delivered messages on behalf of a governor she had long supported.

“The bottom line is, it’s not fair for the governor to hold Sandy funds hostage for the City of Hoboken because he wants me to give back to one private developer,” she said Saturday on UP w/ Steve Kornacki. “… I know it’s very complicated for the public to really understand all of this, but I have a legal obligation to follow the law, to bring balanced development to Hoboken.”

Constable and Christie – through spokespersons – deny Zimmer’s claims.

“Mayor Zimmer has been effusive in her public praise of the Governor’s Office and the assistance we’ve provided in terms of economic development and Sandy aid,” Christie spokesman Michael Drewniak wrote in a statement. “What or who is driving her only now to say such outlandishly false things is anyone’s guess.”

Christie camp held Sandy relief money hostage, mayor alleges | MSNBC

Giving back to one private developer? I don't know how the conversation can be proven in it's entirety but it seems like just one more nail in Christie's Watergatish coffin.

There will be a new Democrat complaining about Christie every week from now on; they will have them lined up waiting for their cue to slice off another piece of his ample ass.

It is what he gets for leading Hillary Clinton by 2 points in early polls.

There will be a new Democrat complaining about Christie every week from now on; they will have them lined up waiting for their cue to slice off another piece of his ample ass.

No. It's what he gets for corruption. If you believed he was innocent, you would have explained why.

The Mayor of Hoboken is looking for money to finally help her city protect it's resources when not if another storm hits. She's desperate and is begging Christie to give them the money without the committment from her to use only one private developer.

I'm sure we'll hear more from her.

I see the far left propaganda machine is working over time on this one. Then again it is MSNBC a known far left blog site and mouthpiece for the DNC.

This is bad.

Really bad.

We know this sort of thing goes one in big cities, favoritism towards certain contractors, but when Christie appears on TV all teary eyed crying for the victims of Sandy, then we find out he's holding back money unless cities work with his friend -- Wow!

This man should NOT run for President.

Because this type of thing is usually the tip of the iceberg.

Christie camp held Sandy relief money hostage, mayor alleges

Two senior members of Gov. Chris Christie’s administration warned a New Jersey mayor earlier this year that her town would be starved of hurricane relief money unless she approved a lucrative redevelopment plan favored by the governor, according to the mayor and emails and personal notes she shared with msnbc.

The mayor, Dawn Zimmer, hasn’t approved the project, but she did request $127 million in hurricane relief for her city of Hoboken – 80% of which was underwater after Sandy hit in October 2012. What she got was $142,000 to defray the cost of a single back-up generator plus an additional $200,000 in recovery grants.

In an exclusive interview, Zimmer broke her silence and named Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno and Richard Constable, Christie’s community affairs commissioner, as the two officials who delivered messages on behalf of a governor she had long supported.

“The bottom line is, it’s not fair for the governor to hold Sandy funds hostage for the City of Hoboken because he wants me to give back to one private developer,” she said Saturday on UP w/ Steve Kornacki. “… I know it’s very complicated for the public to really understand all of this, but I have a legal obligation to follow the law, to bring balanced development to Hoboken.”

Constable and Christie – through spokespersons – deny Zimmer’s claims.

“Mayor Zimmer has been effusive in her public praise of the Governor’s Office and the assistance we’ve provided in terms of economic development and Sandy aid,” Christie spokesman Michael Drewniak wrote in a statement. “What or who is driving her only now to say such outlandishly false things is anyone’s guess.”

Christie camp held Sandy relief money hostage, mayor alleges | MSNBC

Giving back to one private developer? I don't know how the conversation can be proven in it's entirety but it seems like just one more nail in Christie's Watergatish coffin.
This, on top of all that's coming out, is one of the deeper cuts he'll have to survive. Not looking good. At all.

I see the far left propaganda machine is working over time on this one. Then again it is MSNBC a known far left blog site and mouthpiece for the DNC.

They have to investigate it now. Steve had the Mayor on his show and she was begging Christie to help her city. The private developer from the Rockefeller project wasn't even the lowest bid.

That was a pretty knee jerk response on your part.

MSNBC is dang near wall to wall Christie at this point, kind of the transparent go-to source for bringing him down, so we can certainly head there or to any lefty for the latest on this stuff. No doubt, they get an "A" for effort on this one.

He's looking toastier by the day. I'm sure the GOP establishment is working full time on a Plan B.

Partisan politics: All bullshit, all of the time.

The truth is politicians typically wheel and deal. It's how they get things done. It's how Crispie has built a name for himself as someone who works across the aisle.

What went wrong is the bullying. Putting people in danger with the lane closings. And playing politics with Sandy funds.

If he stayed away from those three things, only his positives would be in the news.

Steering funds to cronies is one of the few ways a politician can pay back a supporter and do something for his state. Two birds.

Last edited by a moderator:

No. It's what he gets for corruption. If you believed he was innocent, you would have explained why.

He is innocent because he has not yet been proven guilty...and guilt will not constitute New Jersey Social Democrats complaining on MSNBC.

It was a disgusting act and I believe people ought to go to jail. It is classic Chicago style politics...and Democrats are apoplectic. Imagine that.

The truth is politicians typically wheel and deal. It's how they get things done. It's how Crispie has built a name for himself as someone who works across the aisle.

What went wrong is the bullying. Putting people in danger with the lane closings. And playing politics with Sandy funds.

If he stayed away from those three things, only his positives would be in the news.

Steering funds to cronies is one of the few ways a politician can pay back a supporter and do something for his state. Two birds.

The public's tastes are strange. It wouldn't shock me -- not that I'd know, I'm lousy at predicting this stuff -- if a lot of people who were on the fence about him actually liked him more for the bully stuff. I guess we'll find out.

The public's tastes are strange. It wouldn't shock me -- not that I'd know, I'm lousy at predicting this stuff -- if a lot of people who were on the fence about him actually liked him more for the bully stuff. I guess we'll find out.

I guess it's looking at these issues as they are presented and not judging simply by the source or your feelings about Christie that would be the answer. I'm getting a vibe that the tone was set for Christie's people to take the parameters very literally and to keep as much pressure off of Christie as they could. They went too far but then again, he gave them an awful lot of play in that rope.

This is how many administrations get into trouble, they keep getting away with small indiscretions until the one time that they don't. Then everything is looked at.

True. It's not an unusual mistake to make. Equating bullying with "strength".

But when you are confronted with the reality, you tend to change your opinion.

Who ever runs against him will put together endless video of him bullying regular people. There is one of him charging down the boardwalk after some guy that wasn't among these clips.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is delicious - especially coming from a Christie Democrat who "previously" praised him for cleaning up corruption in New Jersey - which was what propelled Christie into the Governor's office. I look forward to more revelations from Steve Kornacki tomorrow morning at 8:00 am on UP.

He is innocent because he has not yet been proven guilty...and guilt will not constitute New Jersey Social Democrats complaining on MSNBC.

It was a disgusting act and I believe people ought to go to jail. It is classic Chicago style politics...and Democrats are apoplectic. Imagine that.

He is guilty by propaganda, that is the way Democrats bring down their opposition.

They start accusing and then attach the guilt without the proof. One person makes an accusation, it isn't investigated or proved, it is now fact with the Democrats.

Steve Kornacki has done such a fine job reporting on Christie's scandals that he should expect traffic jams and no disaster relief forever. LOLGOP

Oh yeah. He's an investigative reporter and pretty interesting to watch.

This is delicious - especially coming from a Christie Democrat who "previously" praised him for cleaning up corruption in New Jersey - which was what propelled Christie into the Governor's office. I look forward to more revelations from Steve Kornacki tomorrow morning at 8:00 am on UP.

I tried to find today's report so I could post it here. If you find anything, feel free to post it up.

Forum List

Back