Montana Hospital ICU Reaches 150% Capacity Amid COVID Surge

Montana is having a very hard time with the virus. Half their problem is the fact that they don't have many hospitals in the state. It's not profitable so people in the large rural areas don't have access to proper health care.

I know my state has been swamped with people from Idaho and some from Montana. Especially on the east side of the state. Which adds to our hospitals who are dealing with the covid cases in that area of the state.

The gentleman in the article said he couldn't move his hands. He couldn't even feed himself.

I know a lot about that. I lost the use of both hands and arms for a long time from an accident with monster 15ft waves.

I didn't know that the virus caused a person to not be able to move their hands.

I do know some people are left with lasting problems caused by the virus.

People so need to get vaccinated.

The virus-----zaps all energy. I don't how else to put it..... I had it, and all I wanted to do was sleep with absolutely no strength. It affects oxygen levels in the blood---with no oxygen your brain and other organs go into sleep or death mode.

Those efforts to slow a virus got mighty specialized, killing the flu while the rona raged unabated! Damn, that's some smart fucking virus!

It did not kill the flu, but it did keep people from going where the flu was most easily spread

Your wife

Yes, my wife the critical care nurse that has been taking care of COVID patients since last March. Her and her fellow nurses are where I get my COVID information from. A far better source than yours

It did not kill the flu, but it did keep people from going where the flu was most easily spread

Yes, my wife the critical care nurse that has been taking care of COVID patients since last March. Her and her fellow nurses are where I get my COVID information from. A far better source than yours
A blowup doll in a slutty nurse costume, maybe.

egardless,, lets says its all true,, what would you have us do??

I would have people take it seriously and quit calling it a hoax and basing their entire view of it based upon their politicians words. People are starting to turn on healthcare workers now due to the division over this, that is just flat out wrong.

I think people should get the vaccine, but I do not think the Govt should mandate it. I am against the Govt trying to force private companies to make their employees get it. But I do support the right of an employer to mandate it if they wish to. There are a lot of things I support a private company doing that I do not support our Govt doing.

I am against statewide mask mandates and statewide mask bans. I think that a local school board or city government should have the power to require mask if there is a need. I also fully support any private businesses requiring them to enter their establishments.

I do not live in fear of COVID, but I do have a healthy respect for it based upon what my wife deals with. I think if everyone could do this, we could solve the problem far quicker.

In fact (Listen up Mush For Brains Lefty Slaves) the death toll actually decreased in 2019 & 2020.

Just simply not true.

The age-adjusted death rate increased by 15.9% in 2020. Overall death rates were highest among non-Hispanic Black persons and non-Hispanic American Indian or Alaska Native persons.

I would have people take it seriously and quit calling it a hoax and basing their entire view of it based upon their politicians words. People are starting to turn on healthcare workers now due to the division over this, that is just flat out wrong.

I think people should get the vaccine, but I do not think the Govt should mandate it. I am against the Govt trying to force private companies to make their employees get it. But I do support the right of an employer to mandate it if they wish to. There are a lot of things I support a private company doing that I do not support our Govt doing.

I am against statewide mask mandates and statewide mask bans. I think that a local school board or city government should have the power to require mask if there is a need. I also fully support any private businesses requiring them to enter their establishments.

I do not live in fear of COVID, but I do have a healthy respect for it based upon what my wife deals with. I think if everyone could do this, we could solve the problem far quicker.
the dems are the ones making it political,, and the repubes are only saying its your choice,, if a private company is forced to serve gays or blacks or anyone else they disagree with they should be forced to serve everyone,, cant have two standards

as for the problem on this thread is we've been lied to so much only a moron would believe such a limited story like this one

and youre confusing the hoax comments with the illness verses the reaction from the politicians and [politically motivated,,

the response is pure hoax where the illness is just another flu with a more severe reaction,, and that doesnt mean we throw out the constitution and freedom for chicken shits,,

if youre afraid then you stay home or close your business until you feel safe,,

the dems are the ones making it political,, and the repubes are only saying its your choice,, if a private company is forced to serve gays or blacks or anyone else they disagree with they should be forced to serve everyone,, cant have two standards

as for the problem on this thread is we've been lied to so much only a moron would believe such a limited story like this one

and youre confusing the hoax comments with the illness verses the reaction from the politicians and [politically motivated,,

the response is pure hoax where the illness is just another flu with a more severe reaction,, and that doesnt mean we throw out the constitution and freedom for chicken shits,,

That's just it. That's what I've been saying for a year and a half. You who are so terrified of this, just stay home and let the rest of us live our lives. We will never agree. You have never proven that this plague actually exists. The onus must, therefore, be on you to protect yourselves from whatever contagion you think is out there. PERIOD!

That's just it. That's what I've been saying for a year and a half. You who are so terrified of this, just stay home and let the rest of us live our lives. We will never agree. You have never proven that this plague actually exists. The onus must, therefore, be on you to protect yourselves from whatever contagion you think is out there. PERIOD!
oh for sure covid exist and is worse than the normal flu,, but as you said,, if youre afraid then you stay home,, dont force your beliefs or fear on me and I wont do it to you,,

the dems are the ones making it political,, and the repubes are only saying its your choice,,

No, both sides are making it political, both sides make everything political.

if a private company is forced to serve gays or blacks or anyone else they disagree with they should be forced to serve everyone,, cant have two standards

I disagree with them being forced to serve gays or blacks. I think anti-discrimination laws enforced against anyone but the Govt are against the Constitution, but that is for another thread

As it stands those are protected by law, whether people had a vaccine or refuse to wear a mask is not protected by law so you cannot compare them right now.

I guess just have a above average respect for the healthcare workers, I will not assume they are lying without some evidence.

the response is pure hoax where the illness is just another flu with a more severe reaction,

It is not just the flu with a severe reaction, that is just wrong. I realize you will not believe me, but those on the right lie to you also and you never seem to question them. My wife has been an RN for a decade, she treated 1000s of flu patients, this is not the flu.

and that doesnt mean we throw out the constitution and freedom

I agree. One of the reasons I disagreed with the eviction moratorium put in place in 2020.

I have to disagree with the "close your business" attitude.

I am very pro-business. I think they should have the right to have rules to enter and I think that people should respect those rules. I think it is a dick move to ignore them and make some hourly person enforce them. I have always felt this way, if I do not agree with the rules of a business I just stay away. There is a golf course I like to play at the requires collared shirts and belted pants. If I do not feel like dressing that way I find somewhere else to play golf that day.

Montana is having a very hard time with the virus. Half their problem is the fact that they don't have many hospitals in the state. It's not profitable so people in the large rural areas don't have access to proper health care.

I know my state has been swamped with people from Idaho and some from Montana. Especially on the east side of the state. Which adds to our hospitals who are dealing with the covid cases in that area of the state.

The gentleman in the article said he couldn't move his hands. He couldn't even feed himself.

I know a lot about that. I lost the use of both hands and arms for a long time from an accident with monster 15ft waves.

I didn't know that the virus caused a person to not be able to move their hands.

I do know some people are left with lasting problems caused by the virus.

People so need to get vaccinated.

Hey Dana, why haven't you posted a thread about this:

But you are wanting to do so. You want to tell businesses what they can and cannot require.N

no I;m not,, I am using the standard already in place,,
keep in mind, masks dont do anything and vaccinated doesnt stop you from getting or giving covid,,
so any private business that requires anything is based on fake science and does nothing to protect anyone,,

Last edited:
No, both sides are making it political, both sides make everything political.

I disagree with them being forced to serve gays or blacks. I think anti-discrimination laws enforced against anyone but the Govt are against the Constitution, but that is for another thread

As it stands those are protected by law, whether people had a vaccine or refuse to wear a mask is not protected by law so you cannot compare them right now.

I guess just have a above average respect for the healthcare workers, I will not assume they are lying without some evidence.

It is not just the flu with a severe reaction, that is just wrong. I realize you will not believe me, but those on the right lie to you also and you never seem to question them. My wife has been an RN for a decade, she treated 1000s of flu patients, this is not the flu.

I agree. One of the reasons I disagreed with the eviction moratorium put in place in 2020.

I have to disagree with the "close your business" attitude.

I am very pro-business. I think they should have the right to have rules to enter and I think that people should respect those rules. I think it is a dick move to ignore them and make some hourly person enforce them. I have always felt this way, if I do not agree with the rules of a business I just stay away. There is a golf course I like to play at the requires collared shirts and belted pants. If I do not feel like dressing that way I find somewhere else to play golf that day.
not sure how saying let me decide for myself and leave me alone is a political side,, but its for sure a political side to say do as we say or you will be denied basic human rights if you dont,,

I didnt say healthcare workers are lying,, they dont write the news stories,,

keep in mind, masks dont do anything

simply not true. That is like saying a seat belt does not do anything. If you are just going to parrot partisan talking points, what is the point?

so any private business that requires anything is based on fake science and does nothing to protect anyone,,

it is not fake science, and even if it was, it is still their right to do so. don't like it, do not shop or work there. easy peasy

So let's connect some dots:

1. Obabblecare grossly increased the costs for hospitals and medical centers.
2. This caused a wave of consolidations and closures, affecting rural areas disproportionately.
3. Red States are more rural than blue states, hence the Obabblecare program by design hurt such states.
4. Now, with less health care capacity, areas that are already severely underserved have capacity issues.

Gee, Who Did Not See This Coming?

simply not true. That is like saying a seat belt does not do anything. If you are just going to parrot partisan talking points, what is the point?

it is not fake science, and even if it was, it is still their right to do so. don't like it, do not shop or work there. easy peasy
so me pulling a mask out of my pocket I have used for days is going to stop covid??
and thats not getting into all the things I've touched and wiping my face and nose,,

I am for them doing it if its an across the board deal,, but we all know the dems are making this political to gain more control of the people,,

So let's connect some dots:

1. Obabblecare grossly increased the costs for hospitals and medical centers.
2. This caused a wave of consolidations and closures, affecting rural areas disproportionately.
3. Red States are more rural than blue states, hence the Obabblecare program by design hurt such states.
4. Now, with less health care capacity, areas that are ldeady severely underserved have capacity issues.

Gee, Who Did Not See This Coming?
its my understanding that the medicaid act of 65 also limited who and where new hospitals can open,,

my point is everytime the government gets involved access drops and cost increases,,

actually they have 24 ICU beds, but thanks for lying about it, it seems to be the only game in town.
Hey dummy, you just proved you and Dana are liars (like we didn’t know that already). So they have MORE beds and the same number of cases. Lying does seem to be your only game.

does it matter to the person waiting for a bed?

who is "they"? I am so fucking tired of you people accusing medical professional of lying to you. As I type this my wife is working in a negative pressure area treating COVID patients as she has been doing since last March. Her and her fellow nurses are my source of information for COIVD. So, I really do not care about your delusional fantasies or partisan fucking bullshit.

If they are lying about ICU beds, fucking prove it. Till then shut the hell up
It’s been proven already loon. Hey moron, Fauci has been proven to have lied. Maybe pay attention. Your bullshit claims mean ZERO to sane people. Now take your partisan lying bullshit and hit the bricks.

Forum List

Back