Montana, Arizona and New Jersey legalized recreational marijuana

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
18 states have legal weed now.

On January 1, 2022, adult-use recreational marijuana will become available for purchase in Montana. The launch of the new market raises a wide range of questions, from how much marijuana an individual can possess, to whether they can consume it in a national park, to the types of products that will be available for purchase.

18 states have legal weed now.

On January 1, 2022, adult-use recreational marijuana will become available for purchase in Montana. The launch of the new market raises a wide range of questions, from how much marijuana an individual can possess, to whether they can consume it in a national park, to the types of products that will be available for purchase.

Will there be a national / federal vote on it when it becomes over 25 States ?

If we can get rid of a lot of cowardly politicians.
I support the legalization of all illicit drugs. That way it would end the black market on them. At the same time however some type of monitoring system would have to be in place for the stronger and addictive drugs. I don't know how it all worked out. I'm not into drugs myself I don't even drink anymore.

I support the legalization of all illicit drugs. That way it would end the black market on them. At the same time however some type of monitoring system would have to be in place for the stronger and addictive drugs. I don't know how it all worked out. I'm not into drugs myself I don't even drink anymore.

I side very close to this.

I quit tobacco in 2009 and alcohol in 2017. Still 'smoke' weed but in extreme moderation, usually the high-THC using a vape pen. Saves $ - costs me $5 a day probably.

I quit tobacco in 2009 and alcohol in 2017. Still 'smoke' weed but in extreme moderation, usually the high-THC using a vape pen. Saves $ - costs me $5 a day probably.
And legalization makes that safer and cheaper.

And legalization makes that safer and cheaper.
Exactly. Not counting border crossings you have interstate trafficking and all the resources wasted in law enforcement and the court system. Legalizing would also gradually lessen violent crimes and the need for so many prisons.

Close the DEA and spread those employees into DHS, FBI or wherever they're needed.

Exactly. Not counting border crossings you have interstate trafficking and all the resources wasted in law enforcement and the court system. Legalizing would also gradually lessen violent crimes and the need for so many prisons.

Close the DEA and spread those employees into DHS, FBI or wherever they're needed.
And break the power of the gangs in the cities.

And break the power of the gangs in the cities.
Maybe we could grow our own poppy flowers too, instead of it coming from Afghanistan of all places.

I guess we handed that back to the Taliban again.

1641092717386.png

You really have to wonder about some people. Even if we legalize all drugs there will still be people selling it. We have never made cigarettes illegal but they are sold illegally because of taxes. Whiskey has not been illegal since prohibition was repealed but it is still sold illegally because of taxes.
Anyone that thinks the government, federal state or city will not want their cut, there by insuring illegal drug trade has No clue at all.

Legalized marijuana has certainly filled the cash boxes of drug dealers in California and Colorado. The dealers just lowered the price and sell tax free.

Maybe we could grow our own poppy flowers too, instead of it coming from Afghanistan of all places.

I guess we handed that back to the Taliban again.

View attachment 582537
I'm sure there are similar environments in the United States that correspond to the poppy growing regions in Afghanistan. My guess would be the mountain vales of Montana, Wyoming and Colorado.

I'm sure there are similar environments in the United States that correspond to the poppy growing regions in Afghanistan. My guess would be the mountain vales of Montana, Wyoming and Colorado.
And the government would get the tax money from the sales of all these drugs instead of spending tax dollars fighting the war on drugs. It's a win-win for everybody.

And the government would get the tax money from the sales of all these drugs instead of spending tax dollars fighting the war on drugs. It's a win-win for everybody.
We could nationalize ( at least some) drug manufacturing but I wouldn't say that too loud these days.(about nationalizing anything ) Big Pharma has ginormous power right now....

We could nationalize ( at least some) drug manufacturing but I wouldn't say that too loud these days.(about nationalizing anything ) Big Pharma has ginormous power right now....
I don't know about nationalizing the pharmaceutical industry. I know the drug companies have no incentive to cure diseases that they get exorbitant amounts of money to treat. Nationalizing the pharmaceutical industry would solve that problem at least. But if we do get to that point healthcare will have to be nationalized too. Despite the Republicans objections to it all it's time maybe just around the corner anyway judging by the way things are going.

Forum List

Back